SCD 2nd Attempted Outdoor In Promix

Hi all. Hope you all had a great weekend.

The overnight temps are really starting to drop. Steady 0C/32F’s in my neck of the woods.
The ladies just have to fend for themselves, I’ve got nowhere warm to send them.

3 of 4 plants still have a ways to go. With all the white pistils it feels like at least another 2 weeks.

I’ve attached a pair of pics of the one plant that looks like it’s getting close and was hoping you could take a peek.
It’s still shooting a few fresh pistils but not all that many and still chasing the PM around with citric acid spray. Used it again this afternoon after these pics when I noticed a few spots I must have missed.

I’m not seeing much in the way of amber trichomes and also not sure whether it’s foxtailing or just the flowers swelling. I didn’t experience this type of development last year.

Any thoughts on a harvest time frame and because I don’t know the strain, any ideas what it may resemble?

C40747D8-BC34-479D-B713-5FA3BC6AC091.jpeg

A5AA2157-5C13-4085-929F-3262CEA9DBF0.png

It's close but not close enough. If it freezes you lose it all. Might be worth taken a bit early. I wouldn't let mine die to frost. It's pretty good looking plant.

Dig em up try to find a new home to finish, or you could try to build a shelter around them to cover at night. Uncover during the day. Like a well house, or out house.

Thanks mate. I’ll keep my eyes on it and hope for some warmer nights sans frost.
She’s a big one, I don’t want to lose her this close if the others are still that much further out.

It's close but not close enough. If it freezes you lose it all. Might be worth taken a bit early. I wouldn't let mine die to frost. It's pretty good looking plant.

I seem to have forgotten that I started a journal.

Current status- 4 plants felled. 2 bigs 2 small were hanging for 6 and 7 days.

996g of flower slowly working it’s way down in oven bags on the racks until the end of the month, then in to jars.
All 6 bags have settled at 67-70% today.
Basement is 68F/60%
1100g of trim and plenty of smaller flowers in the chest freezer. Maybe Dry ice for a portion?

I ran out of steam and patience with the smaller stuff, so I’ve been experimenting with Decarb and coconut oil.
Made a few chocolate treats today on the dbl boiler and are in the freezer now.
Grape seed is on deck for a topical experiment.

Lost to rot were approximately one dozen buds prior to chop and then maybe another dozen when fine picking through them at the 4 bucket wash station.
Very acceptable and no signs of problems today.

All in all, I had a ton of fun this year out in the yard, more lessons have been learned and will be applied next run.

Plenty here now to keep us busy over the winter and in as Christmas stocking stuffers during the annual tours.

Cheers gang 😁🙏

1F9387D1-375C-4DC6-B752-03E56C412E37.png

A4B85AF8-AC85-4AD6-9037-D166AEB1EEC1.jpeg

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal in Grow Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom