Scarfinger68's - Soil - CFL - Aurora Indica Journal - 2013

Awesome brother. Im gonna throw down my nirvana snow white seeds soon, its decided :)

Nirvanas master kush grew great, hopefully these snow white will as well.

It says nirvanas ice is "its ancestry of Afghan, Shiva, Northern Light and a very special Skunk, Ice is a truly spectacular cannabis hybrid."

I can see some def differences! That is amazing! I just trimmed mine down too. Kept one for comparison. Pop by later and check it out!

Thanks! and I will be sure to stop by later.

Those buds are looking super dense, AND only with CFL's. +Reps for your obvious achievements Scar!

Thank you!

Nice Scarfinger68 the defoliated Ice is chunking up real good,in the last pic she looks biggest :thumb:

Yes I do believe it is. This ICE tends to have chunky buds, and bigger is better :)

Just make sure to harvest them at similar maturity levels so the results aren't skewed.

Just make sure to harvest them at similar maturity levels so the results aren't skewed.

Now! Funny you mentioned that. I just got my 30x by 21mm glass replaced and took a look at them. The "normal" ICE looks like it may be ready. It has a nice sprinkle of ambers. But... the defoliated doesn't seem to have but maybe one amber here and there. I think the defoliation may have stunted her a bit?

:hmmmm:

That would seem logical given that the only difference between the two this late in the game are trichome 'ripeness'. Maybe the slight delay in more amber amongst the cloudy is that optimal difference in why defoliated plants might pull more weight than a regular plant. I don't know really, just thoughts circling around ;)

Very nice Scar.:thumb: I might be biased on the defol method but i do think the defoliated plants buds looks bigger. :)
They are both looking awesome, and like African Grower and you said, the defol stunted a little and delayed ripeness, giving it a little extra time to put on some weight maybe.
Both my grows are doing really well after defol, Master Kush closet defoled on day 28, and Blue Mystic closet done on day 19, the blue closet is really doing well, better then the Kush but this is due I think to what day of flower I did the defol. Gonna leave the Kush closet alone from here out, but I am gonna do another defol on the Blues on day 45 of flower.

Now! Funny you mentioned that. I just got my 30x by 21mm glass replaced and took a look at them. The "normal" ICE looks like it may be ready. It has a nice sprinkle of ambers. But... the defoliated doesn't seem to have but maybe one amber here and there. I think the defoliation may have stunted her a bit?

:hmmmm:

keep looking it over before making any quick decisions. the trichs always play trichs on me ;)

how many weeks from pistil on both if you don't mind me asking? my taller plants always end up needing longer. since you trained and trimmed its hard to tell which is the taller pheno

maybe looking back at their baby pictures will help?

both my blackout kush plants I grew were from the same seed stock, but one was short and stocky and finished fast and one was tall and took longer. they both smell identical.. they always do I grew 3 of these babies so far -_-

keep looking it over before making any quick decisions. the trichs always play trichs on me

how many weeks from pistil on both if you don't mind me asking? my taller plants always end up needing longer. since you trained and trimmed its hard to tell which is the taller pheno

maybe looking back at their baby pictures will help?

both my blackout kush plants I grew were from the same seed stock, but one was short and stocky and finished fast and one was tall and took longer. they both smell identical.. they always do I grew 3 of these babies so far -_-

I didn't take to many pictures of these because I wasn't planning on documenting this grow. But they are very similar in leaf structure and growth. Some earlier VEG pictures of the ICE. Very uniform looking to me.

P10004983.JPG

P10004522.JPG

Veg'd 65 days or so... 55 days from 12/12 counting today.

Harvested the Snow White (monster clones) at day 57 of flower. 3 day hang and 1 day in the paper bag was to long. Ended up with jar humidity of 53%. It smelled good and taste strong my wife said. Nice spicy sweet dirty sock smell. Nice red hairs.
Dry weight: 31.88 grams total for the 2 plants.
P10008272.JPG

P10008321.JPG

Harvested the "normal" ICE plant. Mainly cloudy/half cloudy and clear/a few clear and a few amber trichomes. It could of gone another 5 days but I need to get the next grow going. I am going to let the defoliated go 3 to 4 days more. This is my estimate of how much the defoliation may have stunted it.

Defoliated and normal topside view:
P10008332.JPG

Normal no flash
P10008354.JPG

Normal with flash
P10008342.JPG

Defoliated no flash
P10008393.JPG

Defoliated with flash
P10008383.JPG

Bud shots normal
P10008362.JPG

Bud shot defoliated
P10008411.JPG

Trimmed "normal" harvested
P1000842.JPG

P10008461.JPG

P1000845.JPG

Hanging
P10008471.JPG

3 day hang, then jar, check humidity for cure. I would like to hang longer but it is to hot in the room and it dries to fast.
P1000830.JPG

Placed AI in the flower room. Day 0 of flower today.

This AI seem kind of thin. Much smaller branches than my ICE plants. Leaves seem a little narrow for a heavy indica. Time will tell.
P1000848.JPG

Reinforced the LST with hangers. A little HST to get the branches where I wanted them.

Once the defoliated ICE comes out I may put in another ICE plant.

:peacetwo:

Back
Top Bottom