Redloh's Indoor Soil Cali OG Kush/Haze Grow Journal - First Grow - 2017

Alright Red congrats on crossing the finish line! I know first hand the anticipation and worry we put into these bitches as first timers! Man Lefty looks good exciting for me to know that God willing I should be looking at the same thing in 12 days from now. I'm at lake for 4th but heading back tomorrow afternoon I watered/molasses,Terpinatored them before I left and temps and humidity are good here right now so I should have a good show when I get back. I snipped the top of about 4-5 colas and they looked fantastic when I got them out in the light. Decided I'm going to run 4 autos when I get these girls chopped and dried. I'm going to be drying in the tent it'll be a few weeks before I have any space. Good luck and keep em green (or purple)

Thanks brotha! I hope all 3 of your turn out as good or better than Lefty. She really is more than I could of asked for, especially in the first run. So happy I took a clone too, got my first keeper!

I blazed that tester lefty nug yesterday and it rocked my world. Even though it was quick dried and no cure, it still tasted great too. She's gonna be that top shelf I'm looking for. I can't wait to see how she turns out next time on a High Brix run!

She's about 15% amber today at day 64 from flip so I unplugged her lights before the timer came on and she will get 36 hours of darkness before being chopped tomorrow afternoon! I only took one smaller top yesterday and it's hanging up to dry but it friggin reeks! So happy with her. Heres a small tester from that bud
420-magazine-mobile1303438341.jpg

420-magazine-mobile377513792.jpg

UPDATE DAY 65 Lefty Chop day.

420-magazine-mobile2036394140.jpg

420-magazine-mobile443791292.jpg

There she is in all her glory. What a way to celebrate the 4th, my independence day from trying to find decent weed anymore!

I'll leave her to hang in my spare bathroom here for the next week or so til she's ready for jars. AC keeps the room nice and cold and the exhaust keeps the smell from filling up my house and I don't have to waste the tent space for a week drying.

I'm guessing she's about about 160 grams dry.

420-magazine-mobile784806588.jpg

420-magazine-mobile945399548.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1013208483.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2019294555.jpg

Sweet Red good show. Day 65 it is for u which means I should be roughly 12 days behind that. Girls got nutes last night but next watering will get Sledgehammered and then straight Ozarka till I axe them. Got a 30x Loupe with LED on the way should be here Monday. Dry em and jar em!!

420-magazine-mobile1709868053.jpg

My first TDT order came in today and they gave me more freebies than what I bought! I only ordered a 5 pack (reg) of Johnston's Genetics Stuck on Sour.

They sent me 8 freebies, all regs.

2 Irie Genetics Golden Goat x Arise

2 Johnston's Genetics Black Skunkberry #5

4 So So Dank Genetics Prodigy (cookies & cream x SCS Slyme Cookies)

Here's a side by side with a Righteous and Lefty bud.
420-magazine-mobile63295226.jpg

After 6 days hanging the Lefty buds are ready for jars. Just did some light trimming, the sugar leaves are quite sugary so left most of that on. Ended up with 110 grams of Lefty buds in jars and I didn't weigh the trim and larf but have a small box full for hashmaking. I didn't weigh Righteous out either but I have 3 jars of her buds and 5 of lefty so probably around 60ish grams of righteous.

Lefty turned out a little better than most of the bud I've been seeing around for awhile, but still no killer by any means. Has a good flavor now and I'm sure after the cure it will taste great and smell a little more dank. It smells strong now, but still somma that fresh smell. The dankness is there though.

The only problem is that it is light as hell. It seemed really dense on the plant, arms were falling over.. But it burns up quick, really quick. I can clear a full bong in one hit if this that usually takes 3 or 4 of my usual buds. I didn't over dry, in the jars hygrometers read 65-68%. But a full quart jar only holds 20-25 grams it's so light. The nugs are a bit hardened from all the resin and very sticky, just light...

It smokes really smooth, no burn or cough at all. Definitely more of a sativa high, made me want to get up and move.

Maybe I took her too early at day 65? Her big fans were all yellowing and falling off... Maybe I lost something with 3 weeks of just water, maybe shouldn't have skipped that last feed... Or maybe this is what you get with cheaper lights?

I've been eyeing that perfect sun dwarf star for my 3x3, but would really like to get out of the tents. I rent though, so building and mod options are limited. Might add one of those far red UFO flower boosters from G8 in between the 2 x 450 Vipar Leds in my 2.5x5, but I don't know... So many options and so little experience, it all makes my head spin!

I'll update as they cure to document the changes and post a final smoke report in 3 or 4 weeks before I start the new journal.

Thanks fellas! It's a good feeling to have produced some of my own smoke. Got some exciting things going on with in the 3x3 I'll share.

The Critical Mass Collective Sour Melon Auto has exploded over the last 2 weeks jumping from a foot tall to 4 ft now in her little 3 gal pot! Stretch seems to be done, hopefully anyway, not much higher I can take the light.
420-magazine-mobile62843246.jpg

420-magazine-mobile810826309.jpg

The mystery auto is going into is 10th week of flower and is ripening up pretty good. Trichs are about 20% amber now. She's the strongest smelling plant (strong skunk/coffee with sweet pineapple) I've had so far and seeing what she's added these last 2 weeks I'm almost positive I robbed myself of some weight on the Lefty harvest and probably some flavor.

420-magazine-mobile1130886080.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1427775228.jpg

420-magazine-mobile374466611.jpg

420-magazine-mobile944751662.jpg

And the mystery photo didn't stretch much and is starting to get frosty in its 5th week of flower. Has a woody peppery aroma right now.
420-magazine-mobile663021273.jpg

420-magazine-mobile476713112.jpg

Nice garden and genetics. I'm interested in some of the tdt freebies I plan to pop some of those soso dank genetics. I just grabbed some inhouse genetics and csi seeds also. Definitely loving the training u give your plants and can't wait to get back to perpetual like you are. It's soo much fun!!
Thanks Jgrow, it is a ton of fun. I keep buying genetics and I won't have any way to use the ones I already have for awhile lol. I think I'm actually done buying for awhile after this one...

Just got another order from TDT of some Fat Boy genetics. They had a sale for the 4th so of course I ordered a few packs. Got some Gorilla Glue crosses this time so now I have a nice variety of all my favorites. The freebies were the same as the last order, they were only placed a week apart so that's cool with me. Increases the odds of finding a female in em!
420-magazine-mobile1025296990.jpg

The Beast of Burden is a GG4 crossed with Mail Order Bride (Bubba Love x Taskenti) and sounds pretty amazing. The Stache is the Beast of Burden crossed with something called Gorilla Fuck which seems to be a GG x ATF cross, not much info out there on it. Ninefold genetics has a gorilla fuck f2 going for 150 a pack, and these Fatboys go for 30 a pack before the special so hopefully I got something great on the cheap and if not I didn't drop too much loot to experiment. Plus I got a couple little Zelda potion bottles, what a deal lol!!

I saw Twox got those Symbiotic Mimosas and they came in the sweet little Zelda potion bottles, so I was ecstatic too see em when I opened these Fatboys!

Little update on the Grand Double Purples. They sprouted on 6/8. This one is a male and sprouted preflower sacs about 10 days ago.
420-magazine-mobile291645599.jpg

Too bad, was a real healthy looking plant. May keep him around and see how he develops and maybe save some pollen for later experiments.

The other one still hasn't shown any sign of sex and is finishing up week 6 of veg so should know soon, fingers crossed though. I know males show earlier so hoping it's a girl. But the fans on this one are monstrous and has pretty good side growth. Some funky stripes on some of the smaller leaves but I don't think it's TMV, hopefully just a little genetic camouflage lol.
420-magazine-mobile880078450.jpg

I topped her a few days ago at the 6th node. Will update again when it shows sex.

Dang that mystery auto is thick. Double purps is a strain I want to see!
Thanks for stopping by Shiggs! The mystery​ auto was from a CKS auto mix pack.

Those Double Purps are from IHG and my first 2 plants in Docs soil, so happy to have found the DBHBB community, I can see a huge difference in this method already just through veg, can't wait to see some the HB flower process up close and personal.

Now I just have to get some real lights, or learn how to build those sweet QB setups you're rockin.

I cannot believe the explosive growth on this grand double purple. Put a lighter for scale. Still not showing sex yet and today's 43, and the other showed male at day 30 so I'm starting to get excited it's a girl. The stipules are crossed, I don't know how much merit it has but I've read that's a potential indicator. The side branches are starting to have uneven nodes so it's gotta show any day now...

She (hopefully a she) had a GE drench 6 days ago and was feeling light today and was not as perky so will get a nice drink of straight RO tomorrow.

I started them in 1gals for 3 weeks and then upped to 3gals for the last 3 weeks. Once she shows I'll take some cuts, up her to a 7, and throw into flower.
420-magazine-mobile1144357136.jpg

Cali OG Kush 2 week cure smoke report.

420-magazine-mobile1149826840.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1374771497.jpg

Took the buds out of their jars today to get a good air exchange and thought I'd do a smoke report after curing for 2 weeks.

The smell is very pungent, when you open the jar to smell, strongly dank and skunky, but when the buds come out for a minute and you sniff them directly they smell really sweet and not dank. The stink left on the fingers after breaking up is very sweet with a hint of grass also, no hint of that dank smell I get when I first open the jar.

The flavor has improved quite a bit. You can taste a hint of the dank in the bong rip, but not the sweetness. Weird. It is a smooth smoke, no cough or expansion and I've taken some fat rips. The fresh taste is still slightly present but has noticeably faded after 2 weeks. The hit doesn't linger long on the tongue though and is still lacking good overall flavor.

The buds burn much better and not as fast the initial samples after drying.

The high is still pretty much the same as it was 2 weeks ago- sativa with a burst of energy that fades pretty quick within 10 minutes or so but leaves a nice lingering head buzz for an hour or two. Not a bad smoke to jumpstart the day or before a workout. Not for bedtime meds though, learned that the hard way...

Stay tuned for another smoke report coming up in 2 weeks.

Cali OG Kush 2 week cure smoke report.

420-magazine-mobile1149826840.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1374771497.jpg

Took the buds out of their jars today to get a good air exchange and thought I'd do a smoke report after curing for 2 weeks.

The smell is very pungent, when you open the jar to smell, strongly dank and skunky, but when the buds come out for a minute and you sniff them directly they smell really sweet and not dank. The stink left on the fingers after breaking up is very sweet with a hint of grass also, no hint of that dank smell I get when I first open the jar.

The flavor has improved quite a bit. You can taste a hint of the dank in the bong rip, but not the sweetness. Weird. It is a smooth smoke, no cough or expansion and I've taken some fat rips. The fresh taste is still slightly present but has noticeably faded after 2 weeks. The hit doesn't linger long on the tongue though and is still lacking good overall flavor.

The buds burn much better and not as fast the initial samples after drying.

The high is still pretty much the same as it was 2 weeks ago- sativa with a burst of energy that fades pretty quick within 10 minutes or so but leaves a nice lingering head buzz for an hour or two. Not a bad smoke to jumpstart the day or before a workout. Not for bedtime meds though, learned that the hard way...

Stay tuned for another smoke report coming up in 2 weeks.

Nice report! Sounds like a decent casual smoke for sitting around the campfire with a few buddies and some wobbly pops.

Nice report! Sounds like a decent casual smoke for sitting around the campfire with a few buddies and some wobbly pops.
Thanks Urb. I agree, good social herb. Had to look up the term wobbly pop lol, best name ever!

Good luck with your light selection. I've been eyeing the Dwarf stars myself. Once you get your final pieces in place you'll be on your way to being an HerbinAchiever!

Back
Top Bottom