Ready to harvest?

420liam420

im having issues with harvest,

strain special kush
soil
outdoors

all of the hairs turned brown and curled in, the buds aren't growing in size for about 2 weeks now, however trichomes are still transparent, why? did i stun her? will waiting for longer decrease potency if she is stunned?

im having issues with harvest,

strain special kush
soil
outdoors

all of the hairs turned brown and curled in, the buds aren't growing in size for about 2 weeks now, however trichomes are still transparent, why? did i stun her? will waiting for longer decrease potency if she is stunned?
I've run into that as well with my indoor grows.
I attribute it to the Iowa soil I use as a growing medium plus the kelp based ferts I use that has tricontonal in it (and I add even more). The T makes it "frosty" (Humbolt's SnowStorm is just tri)
If it looks ready, and has stopped growing, chop it. Waiting for amber will result in the flowers being less dense as they seem to "spread" as they age past a certain point (or at least for me)
A member here explained it as the "brix" as being in equilibrium or something and that prevents the trichroms from going from cloudy to amber. There used to be a Sponsor's thread about this method, which involved buying their special soil amendments plus special ferts, but they must have stopped buying ads; Dr. Brix, way too expensive method for me ;-) but I guess I'm in equilibrium without paying the Dr's huge bill.
If you wait for the amber to appear you'll wait forever.

I've run into that as well with my indoor grows.
I attribute it to the Iowa soil I use as a growing medium plus the kelp based ferts I use that has tricontonal in it (and I add even more). The T makes it "frosty" (Humbolt's SnowStorm is just tri)
If it looks ready, and has stopped growing, chop it. Waiting for amber will result in the flowers being less dense as they seem to "spread" as they age past a certain point (or at least for me)
A member here explained it as the "brix" as being in equilibrium or something and that prevents the trichroms from going from cloudy to amber. There used to be a Sponsor's thread about this method, which involved buying their special soil amendments plus special ferts, but they must have stopped buying ads; Dr. Brix, way too expensive method for me ;-) but I guess I'm in equilibrium without paying the Dr's huge bill.
If you wait for the amber to appear you'll wait forever.
wait so they're never gonna go amber? how is that possible?

Supposedly your brix level is between 12-15% and that prevents them from getting the amber. I don't know if the member that shared that was correct but his hypothesis does have some basis in fact so maybe he is correct.
I grow in tents with quantum boards using Iowa soil with perlite and use Kelp4less's ferts with added tricontonal and chitosan.
I never get amber like that growing chart everyone likes to post, on some varieties before the dence buds get a little fluffy growing while I waited . . . And waited.
GG#4 for me on the Idica leaning phenos do not get amber before they get fluffy but the one of the Kushes I grow would get the amber without losing the dence buds.
I have grown it way past it being ready before the amber started on some varieties trying to chase that idiotic chart's pictures on some varieties to realise that when it looks ready it is.
F that chart.

It's hard for anyone to give you good advice without pics to see what is happening. Can't tell if it's heat, lights, RH, bugs, pH, etc. without seeing the plant. Post pics & you will get good advice.
Yes, a picture to verify your description would be nice.

It's hard for anyone to give you good advice without pics to see what is happening. Can't tell if it's heat, lights, RH, bugs, pH, etc. without seeing the plant. Post pics & you will get good advice.
won't be there for a few days... it's not heat, defently not lights since im outdoors, i did have bugs but i gor rid of them...

Back
Top Bottom