Quick question on plant condition! with pictures

No, I am not a fan of foliar feeding/watering unless its needed to treat something. I was just trying to rule that out as a cause for the brown spots. Sometimes if you get water droplets on the leaves it can act like a magnifying glass and burn the leaf. I see now that it is just on the tips, so it's probably a bit of nute burn. What are your current PPM/ EC readings? Maybe try cutting your feed to 1/4 strength for now

Thanks a lot man. So my PPM reading is fluctuating between 325-340. I top off with a gallon of pHd water which is around 6, and the pH level in the reservoir is now fluctuating between 5.98 and 6.15. I didn't spray fresh water onto leaves, but since I got my growlight up to 30", it seems that the burn spread has been stopped. I'll keep an eye out for my babes, but if the burns get any more spread, I'll definitely lower the PPM by changing the water completely. Also, Skywalker doesn't seem to have any signs of burns on her. By the way, I'll add a 4" fan to one of the holes in the system to allow my tent to have more fresh air. Besides that, they are a little bit stronger and bigger every time I look at them. The main stem of both of them got significantly thicker (around 5 times) since I raised my concerns a couple of days ago!

Just half an hour ago, I checked my plants again. Skywalker looks good, even though one of the new pair of leaves is growing faster than it's companion.

Doc's lowest leaves got even worse. They look burned. I didn't really know what to do, so I flushed out two gallons of water and replaced it with pHd fresh water. Now the PPM reads 190 in the reservoir. Top leaves look good, showing no signs of any burns. I'll keep watching them and probably lower the PPM more if it gets any worse. The roots look healthy and white, and PH level reads 6 sharp! I'll let you guys know how it goes, but I'm a bit panicked right now hahah.

Edit: I'll do mainlining when they grow their 6th node. Meaning, I'll cut off anything below and above the 3rd node when the plant is large enough to handle it, so as long as I can keep the plants healthy from now on, I think there's a good chance the plants suffer a lot from those burns!

Back
Top Bottom