Questions on CO2 enrichment

Open flame in a tent is a recipe for disaster!!
Open flame in a tent is a recipe for disaster!!
It's not an "open flame" it's called a lantern and they have been used safely for hundreds of years and are still in use today by people camping in "tents". So if you are a soy boy and are scared witless of these lanterns well simply don't use them but please don't make ridiculous assumptions about something you have never used and are too scared to even try.

you breathe out more c02 than those things can produce. the only thing it'll provide is a placebo effect.

that candle shit was a thing in the 90's. we all grew past that. any unattended flame is a crap idea.

Your ignorance is astounding, here is CO2 levels from a simple candle, watch and weep sunshine...

No, he's correct, a candle produces about 10 grams CO2/Hr for a candle like the one in the video, a person produces between 20 (sleeping) and 56 grams/hr (excerising). Whose ignorance is astounding?

It's not an "open flame" it's called a lantern and they have been used safely for hundreds of years and are still in use today by people camping in "tents".
I can understand being stubborn when attempting to get others to see any logical point but a kerosene lantern is an "open flame" even if it is technically a 'lantern' and even if it has a glass globe between the flame and any other flammable material and even if some rustic tent campers or hunters use them.

It is an open flame; all it takes to verify that is talk to the head of the local fire department. If the "open flame" reasoning from the fire department is not enough give a call to the insurance company that is insuring the house for damages from a fire and ask them. Don't need to tell the fire dept or the insurance company why the lantern is being used, just ask "why is it called an open flame?" and why are modern furnaces and water-heater tanks not open flames. See what they say.

It's not an "open flame" it's called a lantern and they have been used safely for hundreds of years and are still in use today by people camping in "tents".
I spent about an hour earlier this morning looking up "open flame" and the history of kerosene lanterns. Let's not forget the paraffin lanterns which a slightly safer as far as a fire is concerned. They are also safer because they do not give off the same levels of soot nor the poisonous gases that burning kerosene does.

It has not been verified that a cow kicked over a lantern and caused a barn fire but historians are very sure that the fire started in the barn and before long burned down an area of at least 5 miles long and 1 mile wide in a major city. And the kerosene lantern is the logical cause.

It's not an "open flame" it's called a lantern and they have been used safely for hundreds of years and are still in use today by people camping in "tents". So if you are a soy boy and are scared witless of these lanterns well simply don't use them but please don't make ridiculous assumptions about something you have never used and are too scared to even try.

"Hazards of kerosene use include poisoning, fires, and explosions. As well, some kerosene lamps emit fine particulates, carbon monoxide, nitric oxides (NOx), and sulfur dioxide when burned. These by-products may reduce lung function and increase risks of asthma and cancer."

(Just what I want on my plants, kerosene residue)

"Oil lamp or lantern: The safety of oil lamps is pretty much the same as for candles. Never leave it unattended, extinguish it before you go to sleep, keep it away from children and pets, and anything combustible. Use the highest quality, purest lamp oil without color or perfumes you can find. This will prevent harmful smoke and particles in the air you are breathing. Check to make sure it is rated as indoor safe. Only use it in a well ventilated area {Which is not a sealed tent environment, sic}, and keep the extinguishers at the ready."

Keep your fire insurance paid up!

"Hazards of kerosene use include poisoning, fires, and explosions. As well, some kerosene lamps emit fine particulates, carbon monoxide, nitric oxides (NOx), and sulfur dioxide when burned. These by-products may reduce lung function and increase risks of asthma and cancer."

(Just what I want on my plants, kerosene residue)

"Oil lamp or lantern: The safety of oil lamps is pretty much the same as for candles. Never leave it unattended, extinguish it before you go to sleep, keep it away from children and pets, and anything combustible. Use the highest quality, purest lamp oil without color or perfumes you can find. This will prevent harmful smoke and particles in the air you are breathing. Check to make sure it is rated as indoor safe. Only use it in a well ventilated area {Which is not a sealed tent environment, sic}, and keep the extinguishers at the ready."

Keep your fire insurance paid up!
Lol, you can whinge and bitch all you like soy boy but you'll never be man enough to stop me from using my trusty Kero lamp, there's no doubt it's the easiest, cheapest and best CO2 generator money can buy and my harvests proves that fact beyond any doubt, your hysterical fantasies are simply that, fantasy and there is no kerosene residue on my fat juicy sticky buds...

Lol, you can whinge and bitch all you like soy boy but you'll never be man enough to stop me from using my trusty Kero lamp, there's no doubt it's the easiest, cheapest and best CO2 generator money can buy and my harvests proves that fact beyond any doubt, your hysterical fantasies are simply that, fantasy and there is no kerosene residue on my fat juicy sticky buds...
I think Ron White said it best. Hope you stay safe, later!

I spent about an hour earlier this morning looking up "open flame" and the history of kerosene lanterns. Let's not forget the paraffin lanterns which a slightly safer as far as a fire is concerned. They are also safer because they do not give off the same levels of soot nor the poisonous gases that burning kerosene does.

It has not been verified that a cow kicked over a lantern and caused a barn fire but historians are very sure that the fire started in the barn and before long burned down an area of at least 5 miles long and 1 mile wide in a major city. And the kerosene lantern is the logical cause.
Oh baby I'm so scared of burning down my grow tent, I think I'll stop using the lantern and say goodby to my baseball bat sized heads it helps produce, Lol...

Back
Top Bottom