Protecting plants from theft

Definitely not worth shooting someone...
Crazy people un-invited in my home = breaking and entering. Good luck with that.

Besides my dogs IF and thats a big IF they get past them, they deserve whatever happens.
I'm going to defend my family.

Not promoting violence.

Crazy people un-invited in my home = breaking and entering. Good luck with that.

Besides my dogs IF and thats a big IF they get past them, they deserve whatever happens.

Not promoting violence.
:high-five:

Not promoting violence.
My dogs are ankle biters and good alert dogs, 9mm at arms reach for home protection, definitely protect the family...

I got tired of being robbed so I got 3 cages up along with 6 cameras. Right now my plants are not done I’m getting traffic already in my alley trying to see which you can’t see much I put a lattice fence up. I love my cameras you can zoom in pretty good enough to see the license plates so far 20 cars passed by this month.

FDF7E7BE-3DE9-4D6C-BC97-F57AE36F79CE.jpeg

7087E730-A32A-4646-8239-75A9CE361EC7.jpeg

A0914A1B-6464-4550-BCC6-FFCED4485254.jpeg

2F23FA52-7744-4AAE-B713-C9765E989F01.jpeg

C7FE8EEA-395D-4C8B-BFA0-422B3B031088.png

FC2F5DC5-7224-4DDC-B775-EB8D7D88A120.png

oh that’s easy enough

Place 1/2 sheet of plate steel on the ground, connect it to a ground rod.
Set a rubber tire on the plate steel
Place a metal garbage can on the rubber tire with the plant inside
Hook the positive side of 5 mile electric fence charger to the trash can and ground the other side
Turn a lawn sprinkler on

sit back and wait

kidding of course…. well mostly

lol. i used livestock electric fencing. runs off car batteries. those were the daze ..

I don't think they make those loads for my 9mm

still absorbing the idea of a vegan packin a 9

@bobrown14 was talking 12ga not 9 mm. ;) BTW CCI does make a shot load that you can easily convert. Just say-en

was thinking very much the same

I got tired of being robbed so I got 3 cages up along with 6 cameras. Right now my plants are not done I’m getting traffic already in my alley trying to see which you can’t see much I put a lattice fence up. I love my cameras you can zoom in pretty good enough to see the license plates so far 20 cars passed by this month.

FDF7E7BE-3DE9-4D6C-BC97-F57AE36F79CE.jpeg

7087E730-A32A-4646-8239-75A9CE361EC7.jpeg

A0914A1B-6464-4550-BCC6-FFCED4485254.jpeg

2F23FA52-7744-4AAE-B713-C9765E989F01.jpeg

C7FE8EEA-395D-4C8B-BFA0-422B3B031088.png

FC2F5DC5-7224-4DDC-B775-EB8D7D88A120.png

nice compound.
cute baby merc too.

@Kikibonds79 That's a hell of a compound you made there, nice job! I'd still be worried about the guys using a fence cutter at night though:confused:

I have one of those Chamberlain motion alarms for my place so I put one of the sensors over by the plants. The sensor alerts me instantly in my bedroom at night if someone triggers it. I figure that should give me enough time to run down stairs and foul them before they can pull my plants!

But I'm not paranoid :nervous-guy::D

You plants will be hard to move in flower.
Not to derail the thread but I got to wondering about this statement. Can you elaborate on why they are hard to move at this time? Being my first grow I'm curious, is this due to the assumed size of the plants or am I missing something about the flowering stage that's not good to move them while they are in this state?

Can someone please elaborate?

I think it because of size and some are working through the fence. If they are in ground and not in pots, that would make it even harder. That is assuming that you want to move them indoors and such.

As mentioned earlier this is my first grow, and for some reason I feel very concerned about theft of the plants so I wondered what does everyone else do and when should I start?

At the moment they are in buckets and at night I tuck them into the corner by the back of the house where I have a motion sensor that triggers an alarm in the bedroom (I know some might say paranoid) :oops: should someone walk up on them.

I can put them in my shop at night but do I really need to? The only person that knows I have them is my neighbour and he's a very close friend. It's legal here too btw so that's not a concern. I've invested a few hundred bucks into this not to mention the time...I'd love to hear others thoughts on this.

Am I just being paranoid?

Thanks in advance
Hackle!

i find my highest risk for theft is in september when kids go back to school, they ain't dumbasses and know they need to wait but get it before you harvest. for some reason getting close to back to school time enhances their theft hormones and the plants look ready to them.

the smell gives you away, if motion sensor goes off it's well they ripping your plants out so they still forked. if you punch out 3-5 highschool kids you are the one the Po Po lectures about knowing better not the 15-17 year old kids.

** if you notice extra kid traffic around house back to school time or have gut feeling roll them into shop at night, because they already scouting your house.

I think it because of size and some are working through the fence. If they are in ground and not in pots, that would make it even harder. That is assuming that you want to move them indoors and such.
being in ground don't even slow them down, they just cut at base and take the plant whole.
my mate chased kids on their bicycles carry his whole plants, they split up and he could only catch one. he got one plant back put they still cut it way to early so damage is done.

still absorbing the idea of a vegan packin a 9
Consume animal products - No... Protect my family - YES... No Brainer. There are lots of crazies in So Cal

A commercial grower got hit one night in SoCal I believer. Plants were ready to be harvested that week. Months of work gone. Someone knew how far along the grows were. Here in west Michigan outdoor grows need to be under lock n key. A camera is a nice plus. One woman is putting up 6’x8’ fence panels around her grows, with a camera or two. Best of luck on your grows.

Not to derail the thread but I got to wondering about this statement. Can you elaborate on why they are hard to move at this time? Being my first grow I'm curious, is this due to the assumed size of the plants or am I missing something about the flowering stage that's not good to move them while they are in this state?

Can someone please elaborate?
Size... when the flowers are bulking up its easy to break off a branch or 3.... you need stakes and wire before moving them.

Back
Top Bottom