ProfessorFlora Reviews Gorilla Zkittles by Barneys Farm

GORILLA ZKITTLES
STRAIN REVIEW

Hey 420! Today's review will be of the Gorilla Zkittles by Barneys Farm. She's a simple cross between GG#4 and Zkittles and is a mostly indica variety. She's a vigourous plant with a good amount of stretch for an indica. I had an interesting pheno which produced many tight buds on dozens of weak branches. She needed good support and couldn't hold her own weight up after her buds started to develop. The plant was quite beautiful and had lots of pretty dark colours ranging from green to ruby red in parts lower down on the plant. The buds were quite small but were incredibly dense causing her to produce a good yield. The inevitable trimming session proved arduous and was such a relief when it was over. The plant was overall relatively easy to maintain however I think that she may have caught a few beginners out with her literally flopping branches. She fed heavily and was trimmed several time throughout flower to help with light penetration. If grown in a small space then she'll definitely need a defoliation or two but if you have the room then she her buds are spaced apart enough to let a good amount of light pass. Mine was grown in a closet tent so a good defol was a must. Now, on to the finished product. Her dried bud is colourful, tight and very smelly. There's a good amount of frost with this one and it really clogs up the grinder and makes rolling joints quite tricky after you handled it. The smell is a bit fruity and gassy with heavy floral notes that I'm unfamiliar with. It's a unique smell and really fills a room if you crack open a jar. When the bud is ground the smell is intensified and and you get some other beautiful scents that didint seem to be there before. She tastes amazing. It's quite a lot different to the smell in that it's very earthy with so many undertones that each toke is like a different sensation. The floral smell is still present in the taste but sometimes it's fruity and at others it's like a chemical perfume. Very different to what I was expecting and I'm very surprised by the quality. Her effects are solid. I felt relaxed and happy shortly after lighting up and by the time the joint is done it's pretty difficult to get motivated. Definitely an evening variety though I don't have a problem with using it in the day provided I don't get comfortable. There are feelings of warmth and pressure felt around the entire body and probably most noticeable in the face. My cheeks and eyes are like I have hay fever at the moment. This plant has great calming effects is good for relaxing. I didn't get as much improvement in my appetite as I thought I would but that's probably because I'm asleep. Overall this strain is of great quality and provided you're ready for her awkward growth that needs support during early to mid flower you should be fine. Crazy flavour, amazing colours and some serous dank to try and cover up if you're out and about. Enjoy....

Do you grow a lot of Barneys Farm goods? I've grown Ayahuasca Purple which was very good, strong. Acapulco Gold, which isnt actually Acapulco Gold, but it's good bud. Very unusual smell and taste... almost like black licorice. The only other bud I've had that smelled like it was Dr. Doobs Dog Butt. I've also tried Pineapple Chunk but it went Nitrogen toxic... it was a while ago.

Thanks for your info. The pictures are making me hungry.

Cheers

Do you grow a lot of Barneys Farm goods? I've grown Ayahuasca Purple which was very good, strong. Acapulco Gold, which isnt actually Acapulco Gold, but it's good bud. Very unusual smell and taste... almost like black licorice. The only other bud I've had that smelled like it was Dr. Doobs Dog Butt. I've also tried Pineapple Chunk but it went Nitrogen toxic... it was a while ago.

Thanks for your info. The pictures are making me hungry.

Cheers
Thanks Stltoed! I've grown out quite a few of their catalogue. Maybe 20 or so in my time. I've not done the Acapulco yet but I have a Ayahuasca Purple in veg right now. I've had a lot of good runs with most of their strains but just like you I had a problem with the Pineapple Chunk. 4 or 5 didn't make it past the seedling stage and 1 kept growing and generally had a bad time in flower after a vigorous veg period. I ditched it before the end it ws that bad. Their Liberty Haze is a great strain of you want to get a taste of some of their older products and I'd recommend both the Gorilla Zkittles and Orange Sherbert which were my most recent 2 Barneys strains that I've completed. They've got a pretty good selection overall

Ayahuasca P is a great strain, if you havent tried it yet.
A Gold is pretty cool. Super hard buds. But of the seeds I bought I only had a couple that really made anything of themselves. This is a terrible picture but it's the first one I found.

Barneys has a few I'd like to try. I'm really into fruity flavors right now. Pink Candy is my favorite in that capacity, but it's a hard one to find (it's not Barneys. I'm looking for a light green Lemon Skunk. I tried DNAs strain, but none of the plants were lemony or skunky. I think Royal Queen has one Do you know of any? Something so pungent and skunky it will bring a tear to your eye?

I'm sure I don't get notified by half of the things that happen on this site lol. I feel bad now...

Ayahuasca P is a great strain, if you havent tried it yet.
A Gold is pretty cool. Super hard buds. But of the seeds I bought I only had a couple that really made anything of themselves. This is a terrible picture but it's the first one I found.

Barneys has a few I'd like to try. I'm really into fruity flavors right now. Pink Candy is my favorite in that capacity, but it's a hard one to find (it's not Barneys. I'm looking for a light green Lemon Skunk. I tried DNAs strain, but none of the plants were lemony or skunky. I think Royal Queen has one Do you know of any? Something so pungent and skunky it will bring a tear to your eye?
So pungent and skunky it will bring a tear to your eye? Lol. right. The most recent pungent skunky strain I've grown has to be the Cheese N'Chong from Connoisseur Genetics but it was more floral than fruity. Despite the name my pheno had next to no cheese in the finished flavour. Greenhouse Seeds do a Lemon Skunk if I'm not mistaken but I haven't tried it so I can't comment on the quality.
Hey Prof thanks for the review.
Did you ever get any hints of chocolate from your GZ? I see mention of it from time to time.
I'm here now! Lol. Funny you should ask because I think that she may very well have. It can be like smoking a kaleidoscope of flavour at times lol. Last night when I had a joint it tasted a bit like cherry chem

I'm sure I don't get notified by half of the things that happen on this site lol. I feel bad now...

So pungent and skunky it will bring a tear to your eye? Lol. right. The most recent pungent skunky strain I've grown has to be the Cheese N'Chong from Connoisseur Genetics but it was more floral than fruity. Despite the name my pheno had next to no cheese in the finished flavour. Greenhouse Seeds do a Lemon Skunk if I'm not mistaken but I haven't tried it so I can't comment on the quality.

I'm here now! Lol. Funny you should ask because I think that she may very well have. It can be like smoking a kaleidoscope of flavour at times lol. Last night when I had a joint it tasted a bit like cherry chem
I figured that you went getting an alert. I was just going to keep pestering you until you answered.
I also heard about the fruity chem flavor. The chocolate kept popping up in different grow diaries and vids so I thought that I'd ask.

Maybe there is a more chocolaty pheno. Thanks for the input Prof.

I figured that you went getting an alert. I was just going to keep pestering you until you answered.
I also heard about the fruity chem flavor. The chocolate kept popping up in different grow diaries and vids so I thought that I'd ask.

Maybe there is a more chocolaty pheno. Thanks for the input Prof.
I hope so as I have 2 more seeds :yahoo:

Interesting....
I'm sure she can change but right now she smells like a funky, skunky mint chocolate chip ice cream. I get no berries or chem what so ever.

Interesting....
I'm sure she can change but right now she smells like a funky, skunky mint chocolate chip ice cream. I get no berries or chem what so ever.
Nice. That does sound pretty good though. I'll be over yours shortly. Just have a few updates to drop then it's time to do a bit of catching up.

Back
Top Bottom