Problem?

Steelem76

420 Member
I am pretty new to growing and I have these 2 plants, they are outside both planted directly in the ground. I don't know why one is changing colours. Is it dying? Should I harvest it?
20211003_091921.jpg
20211003_091937.jpg

It has been raining, just don't understand why 1 is turning and the other seems to be staying nice and green when they are right next to each other.

Looks real good... The cold will cause that in some strains / phenos... :hookah:

It is part of nature.

In the backyard of our previous house we had two large maple trees. One tree would start to show some red and yellow in its leaves the first week of August and be all color by the beginning of Sept. Happened every year for the 25 years we lived there. The other tree would not show any change in leaf color until the beginning of October. Both trees were healthy. Then they both dropped most of their leaves over 10 days in late October.

Same sort of thing is happening to some of the trees in the background of the first photo.

It has been raining, just don't understand why 1 is turning and the other seems to be staying nice and green when they are right next to each other.
Genetics is your answer.

Some plants will go thru senescence and turn colors in the fall. Some don't its all in the genes.

It's a good sign you're getting close on the purple plant. I'd be getting the loppers out specially if you have much rain in your weekly weather forecast.

Yes, you are getting close. And they are both beautiful! Great job!
:bravo:

When they are wet and in this phase of bud development, they are quite susceptible to gray mold (botrytis).

You would do well to try to keep them dry and inspect daily. Suddenly brown sugar leaves is one indication.

If you find it, remove all mushy material and gray mold plus a good bit around it to attempt erradication.

BTW,
Welcome to :420:

Let us know if we can help further.
:passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom