Powdery mildew treated but residue remained so have Bud washing question

Thank you so much all. As for the citric acid bath do you have proportions? I to will be doing the bath from now on with or without pm. It makes a lot of sense.
The citric acid is not a bath or part of the washing. It is a mix that is sprayed on the plants to kill Powdery Mildew. Some of the msgs in the thread I mentioned in msg #8 will discuss using a mix of Hydrogen Peroxide and water during the first stage in a bud washing as a way to kill off mildew and sometimes molds on the buds. The other stages in the washing will help remove dead mildew and mildew spores.

Is it possible to for plant to be ready without fan leaves turning yellow?
Yes, I have seen photos here on this message board of plants just days before harvest with no yellow leaves on them. Big healthy plants with big fan leaves and lots of huge buds. Every time it seems that the grower starts off by using a good fertilizer and a good program/schedule and follows it to the letter. If growing in a dirt based soil mix it helps to have a good sized pot filled up as high as possible. Even those people growing with a hydroponic method can run into problems if they cut back on fertilizer doses when flowering starts.

The leaves start to turn yellow after flowering starts because the plants actually have more plant material than many of us think. The plant will need the nutrients and sucrose that have been stored in the leaves. So it takes from the large fan leaves and when it runs out of large leaves it goes to the next size down. Once the plant starts to take from its own leaves it seems to be stuck there and even if the grower kicks up the fertilizer dose the plant keeps cannibalizing itself.

Back
Top Bottom