PotChimp's Grandaddy Purple Soilless Grow

We got the same seeds from the same breeder, looking forward to see yours bloom!

I wouldn't be if I were you. Every one of mine looks different; it would take an expert to determine which one is the one they actually meant (insert disgusted smiley here), if any of them. I think they may have put these out a little too soon. Only time will tell.....

Well I kept running into complications with mine, she came out of the soil quick, fast and in a hurry, got stacked up, about to the 5th node, then I tried my hand at FIMming with her, and she slowed down!!! then started to pick back up for about a week of growth, then slowed back down to a halt, at that point I was having a deficiency problem... not quite sure what it might have been, I am still thinking it was a sulfur issue!!! but anyways, she got up to 13 inches in 10 weeks!!! so I feel she is s low grower under CFL!!! Also, mine didn't do that yellowing like that... mine stayed green til I did the FIM Flowering Now in flowering mode, I expected the stretch as most people do when they are doing an indoor grow... but my GDP didn't do much a stretch at all!!! she is presently standing at 16 inches tall, about 6 inches of it is the main cola top!!!

:peacetwo:

Good to hear. Mine are doing such little stretch that they seem to be stunted, so it's good to know it's a strain trait. I'm going to do a change in method here because I need to deal with height problems I keep running into. I just told Siscokid I'm tired of green leafy flamingoes with no necks or head dominating my grow spaces. Half of the areas get wasted. So it's no mercy 12/12 straight out of the chute from now on. I'm going to hang a third 150 watt HPS tomorrow to make it 450 watts HPS, then in the last two weeks leave two of the 150 watt HPS lights in, and change the one in the middle with a 175 watt MH (according to one of the grow books using MH in the last weeks is supposed to increase potency; we'll see).
:peace:

Grandaddy Purple - Week 6, Day 1 :
014317.JPG
016260.JPG
020185.JPG

1024 shitseed plant
025145.JPG

I went ahead and removed the 200 watt CFL, put up the third 150 watt HPS, removed the used up carbon filter from the airflow and cut the timer down to 12/12 a while ago. Hope this gets things going. Both the thin leafed and smallest GDPs look a little light green, but the pics for some reason make them look worse. I'll bubble up some nutes for them all tomorrow. Gonna go have me a glass of 2005 Chateau Greysac Medoc, which tastes more like Chateau Ballsack, by the way..... :cough:

YEAH!!! More LIGHT!! Looking goooooood brother!

Thanks, GT. I'm hoping that the cooler temps now that the airflow has increased will bring out the purple in these (it was running @ 73 degrees F one hour after lights on, but I know it went up through the cycle; I'll check again next cycle). I read that this strain doesn't get tall and isn't good for SCROG because of the bushiness, so I'll probably be taking the trellis down soon.

Thanks, JBC420. I'm lucky to get to the high to mid 50's at night, GT. I probably won't see the full color potential of this strain. I'll give it less warm water to help.

Well, after doing research and reading reviews on Chocolope (a.k.a. Crap-alope, according to most) I'm having second thoughts on following this grow with that strain. I'll use them in my closet for its next grow and I'll use my next oldest grouping of more than 4 seeds to fill this tent next, which is Alaskan Thunderfuck (a.k.a. Matanuska Tundra). Another option is using up free seeds (4 Exodus Cheese, 2 Veneno) or autos. I'll think about it.....

Flowering - Day 2
004748.JPG

Well, obviously they'll be able to handle full nutes (FEED ME!)
006619.JPG

These leaves pretty much scream "genetically unstable" to me.....
010480.JPG

The 1024 shitplant (watch it'll be the best smoke I've grown so far and I keep insulting it) :)
011418.JPG

I mixed up nutes today (Transition dose) and was going to bubble for 24 hours, but after seeing that all of them were a shade of nitrogen-depraved neon green I decided to just give it to them tonight. I'll start the next batch a little early. They're starting to look a little like weed, though.....

def better then being burnt^^^^^^^^^ keep it up potchimp time for me to hit the stack but ima keep up wit this thread def see ya soon

Looking good bruv. Yeah man dont slay the bad looking one, I did that with my TD, thought the pineapple was the boss, but things spun around. Pineapple in my lungs now and the TD is massive. Just seen it today will get pics tomorrow, you'l like my TD potchimp mate.

The plants picked up with the Transition dose. I spent a little time last night trying to arrange the leaves on these bushy things to go up under and support the upward branch growth. Every one of them seems to have a slightly different appearance, and those weird leaves just keep a comin'. Maybe I'll play around a little with these and try another graft or colloidal silver or something. Hell, the way they look I might not have to fem them. These unstable looking things are probably going to toss more bananas than I can eat in a year. And I"M a friggin' chimp..... :)
Post more pics soon.

looks like they are growing good,lil' hungry, but thats better than burnt!! those odd leaves look like the leaves a flowering clone puts out when revegging,,interesting:high-five:

I wish it were Spring so I could graft a Willamette hops shoot to it for a laugh. Maybe the stress would rattle this thing's DNA and it would start acting normal. Or I could wrap the hops vine around the plant to camouflage it and grow it outside. :)

Flowering - Day 4 :
014319.JPG

I hope spreading these out every night and using the leaves underneath for support will push this up in an even canopy.
015286.JPG

I'll probably have to take this out in a few weeks and put it in the tent.
016261.JPG

I think these two are stunted from the genetic problems they are having.
017228.JPG
018213.JPG

I'll mix up more nutes in a few days, but the next time I'll give them some RO water w/Cal-Mag. They're plenty green; the pics just don't reflect it. I think I'm going to get a cheap tripod and do the settings in a locked position to see if it helps.

Back
Top Bottom