Plastic greenhouse

Next door are well to nosey and only place get loads light in garden at the back on view even when people walk past the front they can se I was thinking of this for now just intill I can get back with my light and tent again can't afford to keep buying bud now

Screenshot_20220618-205547_Google.jpg

"cant afford to keep buying bud now"...... Cant afford to keep running my light and grow tent at the moment either what with the skyrocketing energy prices, and the summer is not looking like much where I'm at so far too, lucky I still got some reserves but I wonder how long this is going to go on for with the electricity prices........ Not looking good

Cant afford to keep running my light and grow tent at the moment either what with the skyrocketing energy prices

what are you running for light ?
light is still the biggest energy eater even using led, but there may be room to upgrade over the long term.

another indoor option is looking in to space buckets. i know one grower with limited resources / space who runs 2. it's diy single plant micro-growing, but it's cheap to run and effective. apt and condo dwellers will often turn to space buckets due to the small footprint.

light is still the biggest energy eater even using led, but there may be room to upgrade over the long term.

another indoor option is looking in to space buckets. i know one grower with limited resources / space who runs 2. it's diy single plant micro-growing, but it's cheap to run and effective. apt and condo dwellers will often turn to space buckets due to the small footprint.

I normally run a combination of Led and Hps as I find it works best for plant growth and flower, Led for the spectrum and Hps for the power, havent been able to run anything this year due to run away power costs

Hi @SmokeyB, I'll chime in here for a minute. I just wanted to comment on the "green light" issue.

@Phytoplankton is right... green light has the least usable frequencies for plant growth, which is why a green headlamp at night is safe around flowering cannabis photoperiod plants. The question is, would the greenhouse with green plastic block the desired frequencies? I think the answer is yes, to an unknown degree. If you are inside the greenhouse, looking up, you are experiencing green light, not normal sunlight. It would be the same effect as putting a green film over a flashlight – it turns the light green. Now, the second question is, would the greenhouse block too much of the rest of the spectrum?

I am growing in greenhouses – my veg house uses 6 mil. 4 year "clear" greenhouse plastic, and my flower house uses clear polycarbonate roofing. There's a link in my signature to my greenhouse grow.

One website says, "Clear or frosted panels let in 78 to 90 percent of natural light, while green panels will not let in nearly enough light for your plants." It seems that the idea behind green plastic or panels is to reduce the sun's intensity, for the main purpose of reducing heat inside the greenhouse. It looks like this site pretty much explains it all.

happy growing!

"cant afford to keep buying bud now"...... Cant afford to keep running my light and grow tent at the moment either what with the skyrocketing energy prices, and the summer is not looking like much where I'm at so far too, lucky I still got some reserves but I wonder how long this is going to go on for with the electricity prices........ Not looking good
I've already thought of that for when I move into final home sola on shed be worth it after a few years but leds aren't that expensive to run uk eltric price is crazy but I'd happy put xtra £20 a week on eltric than spending £30 a day on bud

Hi @SmokeyB, I'll chime in here for a minute. I just wanted to comment on the "green light" issue.

@Phytoplankton is right... green light has the least usable frequencies for plant growth, which is why a green headlamp at night is safe around flowering cannabis photoperiod plants. The question is, would the greenhouse with green plastic block the desired frequencies? I think the answer is yes, to an unknown degree. If you are inside the greenhouse, looking up, you are experiencing green light, not normal sunlight. It would be the same effect as putting a green film over a flashlight – it turns the light green. Now, the second question is, would the greenhouse block too much of the rest of the spectrum?

I am growing in greenhouses – my veg house uses 6 mil. 4 year "clear" greenhouse plastic, and my flower house uses clear polycarbonate roofing. There's a link in my signature to my greenhouse grow.

One website says, "Clear or frosted panels let in 78 to 90 percent of natural light, while green panels will not let in nearly enough light for your plants." It seems that the idea behind green plastic or panels is to reduce the sun's intensity, for the main purpose of reducing heat inside the greenhouse. It looks like this site pretty much explains it all.

happy growing!
Thankyou for reply makes perfect sense really they are more darker inside it looks like I have thought of a solution to grow again I will have to wait till next month and use the metal shed for now

I have seen them bucket things they looked confusing haha I'm a simple person plus really I need to gro atleast 4 to try have enough to last me through as me and missis go through a 3.5 a night/day

I normally run a combination of Led and Hps as I find it works best for plant growth and flower, Led for the spectrum and Hps for the power, havent been able to run anything this year due to run away power costs

edit you're missing it. i've been all over both sides of that equation and led will beat it out every time.

ran hid only, mix of led and hid, and led only. 200 plant med grow with a couple other folk. we were early white light led adopters. it's a game changer as far as environment control. production follows.

i'd never run anything else on my home grows now. it's taken me 10 yrs to upgrade from my led cobs to a strip /qb based rig. i've still got rigs i built for folk pumping after ten yrs.

edit : just go decent led and halve your costs. it's more cost effective to go bigger and use a dimmer to pull it back.

Back
Top Bottom