Plants not growing, help

THCSucka

hello, i have been growing an auto white widow, the problem is, i can’t get it out of the seedling stage, its been like this for a month and it just wont grow, i have been growing it in coco coir and it said that it has to be watered everyday, i water consistently but i don’t know why my plants just wont grow :-( i have two others which are critical kush and ak 420, these two are grown in soil and i’ve been growing these two for four days, i’m afraid i overwater and that’s why it won’t grow, please tell me what i’m doing wrong and how i can fix this: below are pictures of my white widow and critical kush and ak 420

Attachments

• 13B6CBC6-8B95-492B-8054-FFD76361ACC4.jpeg
    13B6CBC6-8B95-492B-8054-FFD76361ACC4.jpeg
    826 KB · Views: 178
  • 0225C964-0233-4776-A593-92D6E394A2D1.jpeg
    0225C964-0233-4776-A593-92D6E394A2D1.jpeg
    820.6 KB · Views: 159
  • 93655A3C-8784-4C5C-B39E-9C8E0FF6BCE0.jpeg
    93655A3C-8784-4C5C-B39E-9C8E0FF6BCE0.jpeg
    770.7 KB · Views: 176
hi, my night time temps are about 13-15 degrees celsius, i don’t measure how much water i give it but i know that i water every morning when it feels dry, i do the method where you stick your finger an inch deep and check if it’s wet or not, but the pot itself feels relatively heavy. as well with my soil pots, i five around half a cup and i’m giving my coco coir plant canna terra vega nutes but im afraid i put too much in, thank you.

hi, my night time temps are about 13-15 degrees celsius, i don’t measure how much water i give it but i know that i water every morning when it feels dry, i do the method where you stick your finger an inch deep and check if it’s wet or not, but the pot itself feels relatively heavy. as well with my soil pots, i five around half a cup and i’m giving my coco coir plant canna terra vega nutes but im afraid i put too much in, thank you.
Cool, The night time temp is a little chilly but not too bad.When my seedlings are young I put a clear litre plastic cup with holes in the bottom over the top , to create a little green house.
Now the coco,it works different to soil,you can't technically over water it but best once a day with a little run off.
The IMPORTANT thing with coco is the water has got to have a ph of 5.8 for the nutrients in it to work and feed the plants.
Do you know the ph of your water.

Cool, The night time temp is a little chilly but not too bad.When my seedlings are young I put a clear litre plastic cup with holes in the bottom over the top , to create a little green house.
Now the coco,it works different to soil,you can't technically over water it but best once a day with a little run off.
The IMPORTANT thing with coco is the water has got to have a ph of 5.8 for the nutrients in it to work and feed the plants.
Do you know the ph of your water.
i do not know the ph i just use tap water, i read that it was okay for soil, is that true?
for coco i read that you have to be precise with the ph but i reckon that hose water or tap water will do the job, please tell me if there’s anything i have to do. and btw i forgot to mention i do put a cup over the plants to keep it warm, so at least i got that correct lol

i do not know the ph i just use tap water, i read that it was okay for soil, is that true?
for coco i read that you have to be precise with the ph but i reckon that hose water or tap water will do the job, please tell me if there’s anything i have to do. and btw i forgot to mention i do put a cup over the plants to keep it warm, so at least i got that correct lol
the
Unfortunately coco is unforgiving,it's callled a soilless medium. If the ph isn't correct the plant won't get fed. You can get a cheap ph tester at good gardening shops, then you can adjust your tap water with simple household items ( lemon juice or bicarb). Without it, it's gonna cause problems with the coco.
The soil is more forgiving, the plants like a ph of 6.5 in soil but will allow some wiggle room. The soil ones ,you don't want to water them much, let them dry out inbetween waters.
Coco water everyday a little
Soil water a little,then let it dry out for a few days.

the

Unfortunately coco is unforgiving,it's callled a soilless medium. If the ph isn't correct the plant won't get fed. You can get a cheap ph tester at good gardening shops, then you can adjust your tap water with simple household items ( lemon juice or bicarb). Without it, it's gonna cause problems with the coco.
The soil is more forgiving, the plants like a ph of 6.5 in soil but will allow some wiggle room. The soil ones ,you don't want to water them much, let them dry out inbetween waters.
Coco water everyday a little
Soil water a little,then let it dry out for a few days.
alright i will try and hopefully it’ll work, thank you!

one last question, what if i use rain water for both the coco coir and the soil?
It would be alot better, you might be in the same boat with the coco, but the soil will love it.
If it gets really drastic with the coco one, you could gently remove the plant from the coco, hopefully not damaging roots, repot in soil.

It would be alot better, you might be in the same boat with the coco, but the soil will love it.
If it gets really drastic with the coco one, you could gently remove the plant from the coco, hopefully not damaging roots, repot in soil.
i’ve heard and read on some threads that people use tap water with like 8 ph, and some comment about leaving it out with the cap off for the chlorine to go away, can you use 8 ph tap water for soil? and how is it possible that people use tap water for soil cannabis or coco? sorry i’m quite new to this. thanks.

i’ve heard and read on some threads that people use tap water with like 8 ph, and some comment about leaving it out with the cap off for the chlorine to go away, can you use 8 ph tap water for soil? and how is it possible that people use tap water for soil cannabis or coco? sorry i’m quite new to this. thanks.
Tap water is not ideal, r.o.water is better.
Usually local tap water has all sorts of stuff in it (salts,calcium and more nasty stuff)they use chlorine to clean the water. Now when you leave the water overnight the chlorine releases, but alot of the other stuff is still there.
My tap water is 8 ph, I leave it over night then put in the required food for size of plant, then I ph it down to 6.4 and feed the plants.
Ph is important because more of the food elements are available at certain range.helps when young, but the soil buffers it slightly.
When plants are wild they don't get ph'd,but they're not in a little pot, we just need to help them a little to make the little food in the pot available.

Tap water is not ideal, r.o.water is better.
Usually local tap water has all sorts of stuff in it (salts,calcium and more nasty stuff)they use chlorine to clean the water. Now when you leave the water overnight the chlorine releases, but alot of the other stuff is still there.
My tap water is 8 ph, I leave it over night then put in the required food for size of plant, then I ph it down to 6.4 and feed the plants.
Ph is important because more of the food elements are available at certain range.helps when young, but the soil buffers it slightly.
When plants are wild they don't get ph'd,but they're not in a little pot, we just need to help them a little to make the little food in the pot available.
alright, thank you for the info and i’ll see and try and hopefully it’ll work! thank you once again.

No worries, that's what this site is for,lots of questions.
alright, its been a week or so and i tried the ph changing, and i transplanted them in soil. my autoflower one unfortunately died. :-( but my critical and ak 420 seem to be doing fine. but the problem is, theyre growing quite slow. i dont know if im overwatering or doing something wrong, but the ph difference and soil seem to give some effect. thanks

alright, its been a week or so and i tried the ph changing, and i transplanted them in soil. my autoflower one unfortunately died. :-( but my critical and ak 420 seem to be doing fine. but the problem is, theyre growing quite slow. i dont know if im overwatering or doing something wrong, but the ph difference and soil seem to give some effect. thanks
Sorry bud, I was away for a while, hope everthing ok.

lol i think i ruined the plants, i was busy myself and i left one seedling for 4 days without water, i think i may have underwatered :(, so it’s looking very limp and sick. i gave it water these past two days and i hope it’ll survive, my ak and critical are looking fine and i transplanted them to a bigger pot and gave them water, one pot might be a little too big but i think it’ll manage. i can send pics to show you what might of happened, because i am confused on if i may be underwatering or overwatering, thanks.

lol i think i ruined the plants, i was busy myself and i left one seedling for 4 days without water, i think i may have underwatered :(, so it’s looking very limp and sick. i gave it water these past two days and i hope it’ll survive, my ak and critical are looking fine and i transplanted them to a bigger pot and gave them water, one pot might be a little too big but i think it’ll manage. i can send pics to show you what might of happened, because i am confused on if i may be underwatering or overwatering, thanks.
Yeah,put some photos up, whatever's happening we can sort something out. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom