Plants flowering too early

So on the middle of the night like at 12am? Or when the sun starts to go down turn them on I have 2 5000 lumen light and a 4 tube bulb CFL light soo what would be my best bet will it harm the quality of my yield will then even grow or go back to re veg
Either way. Extending the light period long enough to stop the development of the flowering hormones by putting light on each plant for a couple hours will do it. But putting a couple of lights in the yard will not cover each plant. You have to keep in mind that each plant will have to be treated the same as if it was in a tent. Putting a 4 tube Fluorescent over one plant will work for that one but not do anything for the plants that are several feet away. I cannot think of a way you can get the extra light to all those outdoor plants in an easy way.

I get the feeling that you are stuck with letting the seasonal increase in light do the job of causing the plants to slowly go back into their vegetating stage until mid August or so when the longer nights start to cause flowering to start over again.

I know brother it's a real bummer I wanted to use the whole grow season with the plants in veg stage to get some nice big plants now ima lose out on a Month of grow time do you think my plants will still get to a nice favorable size? I have some pretty solid genetics from seeds man seeds and I use genral hydroponics floral grow and flora micro along with kelp blast terpinator and recharge here are the girls now do you think the quality of my buds of going back to reveg then to flower again? I'm thinking of switching to rock nutrients once it's back into veg for now ima finish the rest of the other nutes I have I feed them every 5 days or 6

20210426_183838.jpg

20210426_183813.jpg

20210426_183810.jpg

I know brother it's a real bummer I wanted to use the whole grow season with the plants in veg stage to get some nice big plants now ima lose out on a Month of grow time do you think my plants will still get to a nice favorable size? I have some pretty solid genetics from seeds man seeds and I use genral hydroponics floral grow and flora micro along with kelp blast terpinator and recharge here are the girls now do you think the quality of my buds of going back to reveg then to flower again? I'm thinking of switching to rock nutrients once it's back into veg for now ima finish the rest of the other nutes I have I feed them every 5 days or 6

20210426_183838.jpg

20210426_183813.jpg

20210426_183810.jpg
Hey @RayDawg24 how are you. Things are looking good. Don't know about changing nutrients i like what your using. Don't know rock nutrients. Do you have access to @GeoFlora Nutrients?
They would be perfect for there.
Some people say that buds from a monster are more potent? But they are just as good no problem.
What training are you going to do?
Keep on rocking my friend. Post your girls in my 420 sunshine thread. Its for everyone outside.
Bill

Hey @RayDawg24 how are you. Things are looking good. Don't know about changing nutrients i like what your using. Don't know rock nutrients. Do you have access to @GeoFlora Nutrients?
They would be perfect for there.
Some people say that buds from a monster are more potent? But they are just as good no problem.
What training are you going to do?
Keep on rocking my friend. Post your girls in my 420 sunshine thread. Its for everyone outside.
Bill
Hey whats up Bill here's a lil update on my plants this is the best thing I came up with there 250 watts but on the box it says 45 true watts there on both sides what do you think?

20210427_203501.jpg

20210427_203438.jpg

20210427_203414.jpg

Hey whats up Bill here's a lil update on my plants this is the best thing I came up with there 250 watts but on the box it says 45 true watts there on both sides what do you think?

20210427_203501.jpg

20210427_203438.jpg

20210427_203414.jpg
I think you rock my friend. You just need enough light to prevent the build up of the chemical causing flower. Thats awsome.
Bill

I think you rock my friend. You just need enough light to prevent the build up of the chemical causing flower. Thats awsome.
Bill
Hey Bill this is the time I'm getting for the day now 13 hours and 37 minutes of day light and sun set is at 7:43pm and I have my lights set to turn on at 7:30 pm and set to turn off at 9pm you think it will help revert into veg faster o mes. By the 14th of next month the time will be over 14 hours daylight

Hey Bill this is the time I'm getting for the day now 13 hours and 37 minutes of day light and sun set is at 7:43pm and I have my lights set to turn on at 7:30 pm and set to turn off at 9pm you think it will help revert into veg faster o mes. By the 14th of next month the time will be over 14 hours daylight
14 hrs should work great.
Bill

It will definitely help.

I have not gone back to check if it was mentioned but did you say that you were in southern California? Reason asking is that it is about this time of year when the amounts of available sun light is pretty much the same as in early to mid August when many growers report seeing the first signs of pistils and flowering. It will not be much longer before the plants would be reverting back to a vegetating stage just because of the length of strong sunlight.

It will definitely help.

I have not gone back to check if it was mentioned but did you say that you were in southern California? Reason asking is that it is about this time of year when the amounts of available sun light is pretty much the same as in early to mid August when many growers report seeing the first signs of pistils and flowering. It will not be much longer before the plants would be reverting back to a vegetating stage just because of the length of strong sunlight.
Yep he is in beautiful so-cal.
Bill

It will definitely help.

Yup in SO-CAL AND THERE LOOKING LIKE THERE REVERTING ONLY STRAIGHT LEAFS ARE COMEING OUT WERE THE PISTILS ARE... AND OH OKAY SO YOUR SAYING THE AMOUNT OF LIGHT I WAS GETTING IS WHAT CAUSED THEM TO FLOWER WICH IS ABOUT THE SAME AMOUMT IN MID AUGUST TO TRIGGER FLOWERIMG SO NOW THAT THE LIGHT INTENSEITY IS CHANGING TO SRONGER MORE LONGER DAYS IT SHOULD BE SETTING ITS SLEF UP TO REVERT AND I HAVE MY LIGHT TIMER SET TO TURN ON AT 10PM AND TURN OFF AT 12 AM WICH IS 2HOURS BOTH LIGHTS PUSH 45TRUE WATTS EACH LED LIGHTS BTW

Yup in SO-CAL AND THERE LOOKING LIKE THERE REVERTING ONLY STRAIGHT LEAFS ARE COMEING OUT WERE THE PISTILS ARE... AND OH OKAY SO YOUR SAYING THE AMOUNT OF LIGHT I WAS GETTING IS WHAT CAUSED THEM TO FLOWER WICH IS ABOUT THE SAME AMOUMT IN MID AUGUST TO TRIGGER FLOWERIMG SO NOW THAT THE LIGHT INTENSEITY IS CHANGING TO SRONGER MORE LONGER DAYS IT SHOULD BE SETTING ITS SLEF UP TO REVERT AND I HAVE MY LIGHT TIMER SET TO TURN ON AT 10PM AND TURN OFF AT 12 AM WICH IS 2HOURS BOTH LIGHTS PUSH 45TRUE WATTS EACH LED LIGHTS BTW

20210429_184250.jpg

20210429_082034.jpg

20210429_082002.jpg

20210429_081921.jpg

20210429_081903.jpg

AND OH OKAY SO YOUR SAYING THE AMOUNT OF LIGHT I WAS GETTING IS WHAT CAUSED THEM TO FLOWER WICH IS ABOUT THE SAME AMOUMT IN MID AUGUST TO TRIGGER FLOWERIMG SO NOW THAT THE LIGHT INTENSEITY IS CHANGING TO SRONGER MORE LONGER DAYS IT SHOULD BE SETTING ITS SLEF UP TO REVERT
Yes. It was to many hours of continuous dark. After about 12 hours of dim light or dark the plant hormones that cause the tips to start to flower are intense enough that the plant starts to form buds. At this time of the season the sunlight is getting long enough to keep the hormones from taking over.

Throw in the extra lighting at 10 pm to Midnight and the period of darkness has been interrupted. It is a valid method of controlling the dark cycle to keep the plants from flowering. It is called "the gas lantern" method.

The plants should be getting back to normal early summer growing in about 3 or 4 weeks.

When I get off work I’ll snap some better pics of them leafs they look really cool I never seen this before! But thanks for allowing your guys help I really appreciate it 1of my plants is in full vegetation mode growing super fast about a half inch a day!! Waohhhh

Back
Top Bottom