Ph up/down

Stick with the nutrients you are using.
That nutrient is 3-6-5, designed to be used with calmag as a weak solution for autos.
The nutrients your using are more balanced for flowering.
I don't like to give high volumes of nitrogen in flower either.
But you still need nitrogen in the mix.
Following the schedule will give you the best balance for flowering.
Save the Clyde nutrients for your next grow.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
Ok thanks for the info

They are growing fast yes no signs of anything and leaves are nice green to. First signs of pistils in all 4 just last week so I imagine should go into flowering soon. I’ve read about the stretch seems they are doing that a bit now
Yes, indeed. Those are some nice green and look healthy looking plants.

I can only find one stigma, or pistil as you called it. There are several stipules in or near the nodes but those are not part of the flowers or a sign that flowering is starting.

Have to figure that the plants are photo-period. If so then the first week of July is awfully early to have outdoor plants under a normal day & night length start to stretch and form buds. Most likely what you are calling the beginning of the stretch is just some nice fast stem and leaf growth during the vegetative stage.

Figure that your outdoor plants will start to actively grow stigma/pistils and form flower buds by the middle of August.

Check with some of the other Canadian growers when the average start of outdoor flowering is for Vancouver BC. There is a sub-forum here for Canadian growers to say high and to talk situations that might be unique to the country. And there is another sub-forum for growers in the state of Washington. Maybe some of the outdoor growers in Seattle will be able to say when the average start for flowering is in that area.

In mid August the sunset & sunrise times seem to indicate that the days are 14 hours long however the amount of quality sunlight is a lot less. Those times are for astronomers and not indicating the actual amount of good light available. Keep in mind that the first hour after sunrise and the last hour before sunset are such a weak level of light that the plants will react as if it is part of the night or dark period.

Over the past two years I have had better outdoor plants with better flowers when I did the last transplant into a larger pot between early and mid July; I figure no later than July 20th. I maintained the vegetating stage of fertilizers until the first several days of August when I would start to switch over to the flowering fertilizers. That way the change in nutrients and what is available is already taking place in the soil by the time the plant is actually starting to flower.

Good luck and have a great day.

Thanks for the info appreciated so I was wrong then ? 😞

IMG_7465.jpeg

IMG_7461.jpeg

IMG_7464.jpeg

You have pre-flowers. Unless the length of the dark period changes the plant will grow one stigma/pistil in most of the new and some older nodes and grow just one. It is an indication that the plant is mature enough to show that it is a female and ready. I have kept "mother" plants for a year or more and that is all they do....one single stigma/pistil per node.

As far as I know male plants do not do this but they do start growing clusters of male flowers at an earlier age than the females. And, they do not require a dark period from what others have said. Some growers say that the males are natural auto-flower plants.

Once the uninterrupted length of night, including dim light, is 11 or more hours then the female plant will start to grow more calyxes and stigma/pistils one on top of another and flowering has begun.

The way I see it your plant will continue this pre-flower until the early to mid of August when everything will start to change. I do not worry about "is it ready" when it comes to wondering if it is time to harvest. But, in early August I will be looking at my outdoor plants several times a day to see if the actual flowers have started to grow:). That is the most fascinating time in the life cycle of this plant.

I got plants from autoflower grower he said they were autoflower
Ah, OK. I had not seen any mention that they were auto-flower plants so figured that they were photo-period.

And what @Bill284 mentioned about still needing Nitrogen even in flower. The idea that these plants do not need Nitrogen is flower is probably based on that some flower plants, some fruits and vegetables will produce to many stems and leaves. The Cannabis plants build their flowers out of small leaves, especially the sugar leaves. Plus in order for the plant to continue to go through photosynthesis it must make chlorophyll. Not enough Nitrogen then the chlorophyll is limited which limits the photosynthesis which limits the amounts of sucrose the plant can make.

Great job on the plants.

Back
Top Bottom