ph up down?

cearp

I don't have ph up or down but I. Heard there is somethong house hold you can use for ph down. Does anyone know what that might be?

Google doesn't have exact measurments and idk how credible that information is. I don't have lemon juice but I do have viniger? It said that on a lot of the google things. I just need to lower my ph and I'm supper worried about the new clones.

I have used vinegar to lower the pH, about a teaspoon per gallon of water to lower about 1.0 point. It is good for a quick fix, but doesn't have any buffers built in to help stabilize the nutes. Which means by tomorrow you will have to add the same amount again. After three to four days of doing this, you most likely will need to flush and change the reservoir water and nutes.

If the change is slow (.5 points per day), then this should work fine. If the change is larger, then you have a problem that needs taken care of.

Also I found on 420Mag these:
How Do I Adjust the pH in Chemical Solutions?
How Do I Adjust the pH in Organic Solutions?
ChristianKungFu - pH

It is true that vinegar lowers pH levels, but vinegar is a bunch of carbon, hydrogen and oxygen. On it's face, none of these would interfere with nutrient uptake. However, vinegar is only a weak acid, which means you may need quite a bit of it to keep your pH level correct. Once you begin using more substantial quantities of vinegar in your nutrient reservoir, it may not be so cost effective anymore. The best way to avoid the expense of pH down and to a lesser degree is to choose your hydroponic nutrients well. :morenutes:

I don't have ph up or down but I. Heard there is somethong house hold you can use for ph down. Does anyone know what that might be?

Phospheric acid works for pH down, if you've got any of that around the house.

A mixture of potassium hydroxide and potassium carbonate works for pH up.

Back
Top Bottom