Ph of water

This is the reading I got last night after mixing in my nutes to water 🤷‍♂️

IMG_7423.jpeg
looks like its just under 6.4 my eyes are not the best, the digital ones are easier for me to use, you'll see a difference in your plants

Hey guys living in Canada my ph is 7. Using soil outdoor grow autoflower.

define "soil" .... a lot of commercial media mixes for cannabis are balanced from the mfgr and do not require ph'ing.

my run off has been 6.2-6.4? Is this ok. Do I need to adjust the water ph prior to feeding?

it's your inputs that matter. chasing runoff rarely helps and can often end in tears.
if your media is balanced or you ph properly on a regular basis there is no need to worry.

yeah adjust down, i'd invest in a digital PH pen it would make things a bit easier to read they're cheap unless you want a more expesive one

@con has it. this right here.
i always recommend a decent ph pen and ec meter to all new growers. you may not always use them as your grow style develops, but they are invaluable in the beginning and for troublesome issues.

Ok cool thanks. I imagine not to use the ph up or down like what I use for my fish tanks hey? I’ve read people saying not to I’ll be safe and go to grow shop

Is this ok to use?

IMG_7430.jpeg

that root farm stuff will work it's a rebranded gh product. if you have a grow shop nearby the gh is likely cheaper and comes in larger bottles. it'll last a long time. most ph adjust products are all the same thing.

This is the reading I got last night after mixing in my nutes to water 🤷‍♂️

IMG_7423.jpeg

you might find this ph chart handy for both soil and hydro applications ..

full

it shows the availability of nutrients at different ph and the optimum ph for different media. it recommends a ph of 6.5 for soil apps, i personally ran a little lower at 6.3 in soils.

there a few different charts, but they are pretty similar within a couple decimal points.

full

I’m using sunshine #4
Water here 7-7.2 runoff being 6.2-6.4 so ya maybe your right. Sorry first timer trying to learn the ropes

sunshine benefits from adding a little extra perlite. when i ran sunshine#4 it was not balanced and i ran it at ph 6.3. it's a peat based media.

it may be a balanced media now. check to see if it has any dolomite lime added. if it's present then it should be ph balanced, with no need to ph the feed.

sunshine benefits from adding a little extra perlite. when i ran sunshine#4 it was not balanced and i ran it at ph 6.3. it's a peat based media.

it may be a balanced media now. check to see if it has any dolomite lime added. if it's present then it should be ph balanced, with no need to ph the feed.
Yes it’s in ingredients it says

IMG_7431.jpeg

Yes it’s in ingredients it says

IMG_7431.jpeg

it's likely balanced now. you can continue to ph as it is a good practice, but it is not likely to be a huge factor with the dolomite.

be warned that the dolomite balancing can fade and wash out in time, especially on long running sativa grows. a late flower ph issue can arise under certain conditions. if your grow goes long it is often advisable to follow ph rules.

it's likely balanced now. you can continue to ph as it is a good practice, but it is not likely to be a huge factor with the dolomite.

be warned that the dolomite balancing can fade and wash out in time, especially on long running sativa grows. a late flower ph issue can arise under certain conditions. if your grow goes long it is often advisable to follow ph rules.
Well I picked up ph up and down anyways so mine as well practice like u said. Tap water here is 7.0-7.2 as I test for fish tanks all the time now do u think because of the sunshine #4 I would not have to do ph test ? Again new so I’m trying to learn basics. Thanks for the info btw

I’m doing autoflower just starting to get pistils now. Won’t be long at all I imagine

you should be good. autos aren't always the best to learn on.

i mostly run photos. you can really push them much harder. i always do better on potency and production with photos as well.
i also like some training methods which are easier to accomplish on photos. though i have trained autos out.

Well I picked up ph up and down anyways so mine as well practice like u said. Tap water here is 7.0-7.2 as I test for fish tanks all the time

it's good to have the ph adjust in the toolbox. you might want some h202 as well. it's a problem solver more in hydro but i've used it to help fix shit in soil as well. they are all something you want in pocket just in case.

same as the ec and ph probes. it's good to learn how to use them no matter the grow style or media.

now do u think because of the sunshine #4 I would not have to do ph test ?

it's not a deal breaker at your present raw water ph levels. they change when you add nutes, so it's a decent idea to know both ph levels. another reason to have the probes.

i wouldn't worry huge about it.

as always, monitor the plant. if it doesn't like something in ph it'll let you know right quick. the best thing any grower can do is learn a read on the plants.

Again new so I’m trying to learn basics. Thanks for the info btw

no worries brother. everyone starts somewhere.

you should be good. autos aren't always the best to learn on.

i mostly run photos. you can really push them much harder. i always do better on potency and production with photos as well.
i also like some training methods which are easier to accomplish on photos. though i have trained autos out.

it's good to have the ph adjust in the toolbox. you might want some h202 as well. it's a problem solver more in hydro but i've used it to help fix shit in soil as well. they are all something you want in pocket just in case.

same as the ec and ph probes. it's good to learn how to use them no matter the grow style or media.

it's not a deal breaker at your present raw water ph levels. they change when you add nutes, so it's a decent idea to know both ph levels. another reason to have the probes.

i wouldn't worry huge about it.

as always, monitor the plant. if it doesn't like something in ph it'll let you know right quick. the best thing any grower can do is learn a read on the plants.

no worries brother. everyone starts somewhere.
I’m doing outdoors on balcony here in Vancouver bc Canada. The plants seem to be doing fine no signs of anything yet again the pistils are forming not sure when the actually budding will start. Just doing for a summer hobby havent smoked in 10 years plus but hey I might try it when done 😀

IMG_7411.jpeg

Howdy my 2 cents I use citric acid for down and baking soda for up in my living soil water when i mix anything into the water,i try to keep soil ph around 6.8 to limit heavy metal uptake in the plants. I check soil ph with a Blue lab Ph soil pen it's wise to invest into a GOOD meter!
My tap runs about 7.9 ph but after adding fish or ferment to it , it brings it down alot depending on how much I add to the water, ill usually just add enough to put it close to 6.8 if i use the recommended amount of say fish it puts the ph to 4.5 so ill adjust with baking soda to bring it up if i don't add anything ill adjust it with citric acid and to bring it down ✌️

....the pistils are forming not sure when the actually budding will start.....
The pistils are one of the many parts of a bud.

It can really help you get used to seeing what your plant is doing if you were to do a couple of web searches looking for information and zoomed in photos and diagrams showing what the parts of a marijuana plant looks like, especially the flowering parts.

A lot of us have confused the stipules with the very first stigma/pistils since both can form at the nodes.

Back
Top Bottom