Out Of The Tent Extraction Setup

I got busy getting the 4 x 4 tent's extraction filter out of the tent. It's a 6 inch 24 inch filter. Here it is and the steps I took to make it. If you need more explanation just ask.
All set in place in the corner.
I used a piece of 14 inch sonotube and primed the inside.

The wood discs were pre made from the Depot. I routed a 1/2 inch rabbit around the disc to fit the gasket then the sonotube in it.

Here I make a line to depth and cut slits in the elbow.

That's about it. The fan's bolted to the ceiling and is quiet as a mouse fart @Virgin ground :thumb:
That is slick. Nice clean job.
I want to play with wood now. I haven't built anything in the past few years.
I'm a lot more mobile these days.
The problem that I have is that I don't have a garage or basement. Since it snowed here ,all of my outdoor projects are on hold until fairer weather prevails.

Until then....bookmarked. :love: :love: :love:
Thanks for the tag.

That is slick. Nice clean job.
I want to play with wood now. I haven't built anything in the past few years.
I'm a lot more mobile these days.
The problem that I have is that I don't have a garage or basement. Since it snowed here ,all of my outdoor projects are on hold until fairer weather prevails.

Until then....bookmarked. :love: :love: :love:
Thanks for the tag.
Room is a prob in the cold. Was it you that coined "mousefart quiet"?
I used to love the wood shop down there. There's no room for big tools, reloading press, and tents though. Tents win easily and my want for working and shooting is small these days too. We got flurries today. Too early for us, oye.

This is what I plan to go with In conjunction with your muffler :)
001.JPG
Nice! With some inline dampers you can vary all the flows.

Room is a prob in the cold. Was it you that coined "mousefart quiet"?
I used to love the wood shop down there. There's no room for big tools, reloading press, and tents though. Tents win easily and my want for working and shooting is small these days too. We got flurries today. Too early for us, oye.
Mousefart quiet was someone else's brainchild.

Time to break out the long undies! I have a union suit with a trap door. Lol.

Thanks MV. The sativa's working I guess. :)

Yepper, it sure is!

Where was that before I picked up all this wood? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Don't get me wrong, I like my dual cabinet deal (other than the effort to build it, on top of all my other little projects on the burner) but damn that's much more simple and would be way easier to build for sure.

Hoping to get mine going in the next couple of weeks. I'm going to need it running before long, and may have to just put the fan on top of the filter and push the air through for a bit.

They cost more but they do make inline filters. I considered using one for a dual chamber closet but ended up going with a pair of tents on a single fan instead. Way to make it work with what you got.

Perfect Otter! Very nice build!!

I'm running a similar setup. I think the idea if using a manifold chamber to suck through is great but one has to take in consideration if using passive intake to tents it requires a lot of power from the fan which can lead to poor performance on it. Using this setup and having the fan to blow through the carbon filter instead of sucking through it should compensate for this like yours.

Love that build of yours! :blunt:

Perfect Otter! Very nice build!!

I'm running a similar setup. I think the idea if using a manifold chamber to suck through is great but one has to take in consideration if using passive intake to tents it requires a lot of power from the fan which can lead to poor performance on it. Using this setup and having the fan to blow through the carbon filter instead of sucking through it should compensate for this like yours.

Love that build of yours! :blunt:
I called you over the other day and I forgot to put the pic up of the bottom of the unit. Doh! Sorry CrAz!

In the low 20's yesterday morning. Get those garchies(my dad called them that) on!
Morning Stone. :love:
I wish it was that warm here. Freezing my tail off this morning.

They work perfectly! I had my setup for 2 years now, haven't even had it out for cleaning and if it wasn't for me freaking out about the temps I probably would run it for another 6 months. So now I'm safe from the smell a while...

Btw that casing you built Otter looks very good! Looks very easy to dismantle for inspection and maintenance. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom