New Grower

i have a EZ cloner has anyone used this to clone do i need to put anything in the warter ?

I made my own cloner, it's a simple spray type. I think it's the same thing as the EZ Cloner.

I used nothing! I cut at an angle, sliced the last 1/2", scraped the last 1 or 2 inches, trimmed the leaves and use PH'd water. I changed the water every week.

I didn't use air stones or root gel.

I have a bunch of pics in my grow journal [link in my signature]

I have 25 clones and the taller ones are about 12" now. I moved to soil about 2 weeks in and have a few pics of the roots. I use no nutes, just straight water and an 18/6 light cycle.

-I'm no expert, but it's working for me. The clones are moving along nicely, some of the pics are just a few days old.

image1196.jpg
image1195.jpg
image1194.jpg

Pick up my lights today here are I few shoot of my setup. My plants are a 1 1/2wks old. Found out the problem with my leafs on that one plant. they was getting to much light from the way I had my other light setup. Now it's doing better. Will post a couple of close up and a few days, and I'm starting big bloom next wk as well.

image1243.jpg
image1239.jpg
image1238.jpg
image1237.jpg
image1240.jpg
image1242.jpg

Water them last night start the big bloom as well, here are a few pics of them this morning. Tell me what you think and by the way I got the seed out of some girl scot cookie. I had . So hopefully they are females.

All of these things I post in my thread is false and just for entertainment

Bigger pots don't hurt. On my 1st grow I became root bound twice. My current clones are root bound and I'm working on a solution for that right now. I'm skipping the 3 gallon bags and I'll try to go straight to the 5 gallon bags.

I had a 24" plant in a 3 gallon bucket but when I put them in the bucket, I didn't put them up high enough and I was only using about 2 gallons of the 3 gallon bucket. They were VERY root bound!

I have several pics of my roots as they came out of the 3 gallon buckets into the 5 gallon bags. You can check the pics in my grow journal with the link in my signature.

It really depends on what size plants you expect to have. Mine were root bound with a 24" plant in about 2 gallons of soil.

I now have 5 foot tall plants in a 5 gallon bag. I put all the plants very high up in the 5 gallon bag so they get the most soil I can get in there. I expect the plants to be about 6' tall when I harvest and I think 5 gallons is too small for that but that's that.

You really have to guess where your plants will be at harvest time and base the pot/bag size on that.

If cost is an issue, good grow bags are about $1 each up to about 10 gallons or so. A 5 gallon bag will handle a pretty big plant if you set the plant up high in the bag. They are easy to work with, you roll down the top edges, add soil and roll the bag back up and add more soil. They are light proof, cheap and come with the holes ready made. I'd opt for the thicker bags, some are no thicker than garbage bags and you don't want to tear one when moving the plants.

IMG_015128.JPG
IMG_015920.JPG

Everything above the plant is reflected in the roots, so if they are bound they don't get nutes as well and they would affect everything.

Other than the cost of soil and space needed, bigger bags/pots really don't have a down side.

If you look at the clones, you'd see 12" plants in 18oz cups. I'm working my but off to get them into something larger. I know it's holding back growth and the soil doesn't hold much water for them, but I don't have a light tight area that I can put them in yet. Either way you slice it, it's not a good thing.

Yea I'm not sure how big I'm going to let them get. thinking maybe veg for 1 1/2 month . So hopefully my pots hold up but if not I might try using bags are getting bigger pots. Are you using and kind of nurtients that's making your roots do that? And how long you veg?

Veg was about 6 weeks, I started from clones not seeds. I have some pics at the start of my grow journal [Link in signature]. They were under 6" at the start.

My soil is Fox Farms Ocean Farm (FFOF). I use GH Flora and CaliMagic.

When you say 'making the roots do that' ... well the roots should NOT do that. I should have been in a bigger pot/bag before that happened. The growth was slowed because of my delay in getting the larger bag.

That's the reason I'm in a rush to get my 2nd grow room going. I've spent most of today getting things in place. My clones are now teens and they are 12" plus tall and are in 18 oz cups. I'm going to 5 or 7 gallon bags because of the problems I had last time.

I'll probably end up using around 10 bags of soil just for this alone! The main grow taught me a few things, each pot/bag size ended up only lasting about 2 weeks. Each table/light/shelf setup only lasted about 2 weeks.

... Why not just go straight to the final setup (bags/lights/etc...)

it is said that you want to let your plant reach at least 55 days old from seed before flowering to reach optimum resin production. just a little piece of info i learned from The Rev i thought i would share!!
Keep it green everyone!!!! :Namaste:

it is said that you want to let your plant reach at least 55 days old from seed before flowering to reach optimum resin production. just a little piece of info i learned from The Rev i thought i would share!!
Keep it green everyone!!!! :Namaste:

Thanks, that's good to know. I don't know if I reached 55 days or not because I started from clones. If the clones were 10 days, that would put me real close to a bullseye. It would be dumb-luck if that were the case. I actually thought I was late to flowering.

I'd like to read the info from 'The Rev' ... do you have a link or something?

I wonder if 55 days is best, does it hold there for a week or so after the 55 days, or does more veg do more damage?

He has a book out called True Living Organics. It's all about how to grow your plant truly organic. Unfortunately there isn't much Internet info out there but the book is only like $15 and is incredibly useful!! It's main focus is on the soil. Great book!!!! But i do believe there is some stuff on YouTube about it. Just search True Living Organics.

and as for the age of your clones, they are the same as age the mother that they were taken from. so more than likely she is more than 55 days old haha

image1275.jpg
image1276.jpg
image1277.jpg
image1278.jpg
image1279.jpg
image1280.jpg
image1281.jpg

So I decide to try different grow ways so I top two of my plants and F.I.M the other and left one original here are a few pics tell me what you think. They are 2 wks old . Also watered again today my days are starting to get closer an closer

Back
Top Bottom