New Flowerbox Test 1: Starting From Clones 4 x SD & 4 x GDP

Day 47 - Microscope Pics.

More amber and almost all of the rest milky.

GDP first. All Milky and about 20% Amber. I'd say about a week, maybe 7 - 10 days away.
I'm starting to get excited.
GDP-Image48.jpg

Image491.jpg

Green Fluffy Bunnies. Mostly milky and about 10% amber. I give it about 10 - 14 days
Image501.jpg

Image513.jpg

Image523.jpg

Thing2. Mostly Milky, some clear, not much amber. Over 2 weeks left.
Image542.jpg

Image552.jpg

Image562.jpg

SETI. Lots of clear, mostly Milky and a tiny bit of amber. Over 2 weeks left.
Image591.jpg

Image602.jpg

:rofl: I wasn't even trying! :rofl:

But I am a salesman. B2B Telemarketer, even. I could sell an ice maker to an Inuit corner store owner.

Some how I actually believe that! You can make a point pretty quickly, I've noticed!:high-five::cheer:

PICTURE DAY​
Week 7 Day 49. Started the full flush today, nothing but aged tap. EC 0.06 (42PPM on the .07 scale) so no need to filter. There's a lot of things starting to happen.

I have been pumping cold air into the box at night to drop temps down. Coldest I can get is 61-63 so far, but I'm thinking about something else to bring cold air in for the purples at night to increase bag appeal. It's all well and good for the cooler months bringing cold air in from outside, but I won't last into summer. Maybe a small ductless AC unit in the top for the warmer months? I dunno.

All trichs now are either milky/cloudy or amber. Swelling has stopped, and when I open the box, now, I am greeted by the best "Purple" smell I've ever smelled. That is possibly because I have grown them to give forth the aroma, but it's getting strong in any case. I had to cut a sugar leaf off today and pop it in my mouth. Oh man, this stuff is gonna be good. Oddly enough, the PM from the GPD mother hasn't reared its ugly head at all in this grow.

Anyway, here are the pics:

As always, the group shot is first.
030512081632.jpg

Next we have the Indicas... GDP.
030512081654.jpg
030512081702.jpg
030512081710.jpg

030512081816.jpg

030512081838.jpg

030512081851.jpg
030512081904.jpg

030512082203.jpg

Next are the Sativas... Green Fluffy Bunnies
030512081731.jpg
030512081923.jpg

And Thing2
030512081741.jpg
030512082029.jpg

And finally... SETI
030512082452.jpg

PICTURE DAY​
Week 8 Day 56.

All trichs now are either milky/cloudy or amber. Swelling had started again, but now is started to stop again. Tips are finally starting to show decline. These are taking a bit longer than I had originally anticipated. Maybe that's the T5's?

When I open the box, now, I am greeted by the best "Purple" smell I've ever smelled: I purple smell that I grew... me... Not some co-op grower I only know because he is there sometimes I go in. That makes me feel good at least. These are mine, and all I paid is time and love. These are things I can afford.

I tested Thing2 for the airiness exhibited in her soil counterpart, and I am happy to say, it isn't there. She has swollen so large, that there is almost no give in the bud: very dense. I am very surprised about this one, but then again, the seeds were donated by The Challenger of this whole thing, and she only keeps seed from bags that she finds extremely good, or very interesting. So this should be fun. I will also attempt to place the strain, if I can. About that: does anyone out there seem to find Thing2 Familiar? I have given many pics if anyone is interested in helping to narrow down a strain.

Anyway, here are the pics:

As always, the group shot is first.
031212101706.jpg

Next we have the Indicas... GDP.
031212101723.jpg
031212101733.jpg
031212101743.jpg
031212101916.jpg

Next are the Sativas... Green Fluffy Bunnies
031212101824.jpg
031212101926.jpg

And Thing2
031212101835.jpg
031212101949.jpg

And finally... SETI
031212102047.jpg

031212102130.jpg

Great pictures as usual my Friend! :Namaste:

Actually all your little fuzz Bunnies look great. I think this test has proved to be just fine! What's the next step? :Namaste:

I'm glad you asked that. Test 2 has already begun. Click the link to see that one. Second Test Run - FLOWER STARTED 03-09-2012, 10:47 AM

I moved Momma GDP into the flower box on the other side of this box in anticipation of the conclusion of test one. This next test will be to see how well the box flowers larger plants using the ScrOG method. I have already concluded that temp and humidity are stable and within acceptable limits, with all lights on their cycle, and doors closed for three days to let the inside environment stabilize. That information will be recorded on the main box thread, as well as the observed results at the conclusion of this test. Click here to keep up-to-date on gathered data, results, observations, in-depth conclusions of each concurrent test. The DIY Build - Testing - updated 03-11-2012

I am tempted, with the positive outcome of this test to stop testing this box, but I know there are many more variables that must be accounted for before deciding on the style of grow for which this box is best suited. I have my own theories, but as I am after the data, I must continue on with the given path to either prove or disprove my theories.

Thank you very much for your interest. I hope you enjoy the testing and eventual outcome of each. If at any time you feel that a test is straying from the given parameters, please alert me at your earliest chance so I may correct it as expediently as possible.

Much love brother, for stopping by, I'm sorry that things have slowed down as far as my reaching out within the community. My interest seems to be held and I am enraptured by the possibility of micropropagation. I am searching out the best recipe for the culture as each medium must be specifically tailored to each floral variety. Hormones and other chemicals must be added to each set to give the greatest chance of a positive outcome of the procedure. This method of cloning holds my interest simply for the complexity of it and the absolutely precise conditions that must be maintained in order to have a successful batch of clones. It does take a lot longer (from specimen to flower start) to get things rolling but with conditions being perfect, there literally is a guaranteed 100% success rate in getting completely identical clones. There is also the small possibility of actually mixing strains straight into the culture and getting a hybrid of the two to grow without having to "breed" them, but I have my doubts on that claim. To me it would seem that one would bet more of a chimera, in essence two plants grafted together at the cellular level, than a pure mixing of the strains. Much like grafting a lemon branch onto an orange tree where years later you have an orange tree that also grows lemons on one branch. How this would be expressed with micropropagation is of concern to me, and holds high interest at the moment. If you have any thoughts on this I would be delighted to hear them. Please share as often as you like.

This test is drawing to a close... the GDP are 1 to 2 days from done.

WARNING!
What you're about to see will disturb you:

I have removed the GPD clones from the growing medium and placed in a portable container. I then placed that inside a 5Gal WHITE bucket. Since they're very very close to done and no harm can be done to the smoke by uprooting them, I have removed them from their relatively warm place to "chill" for a couple of days. I do this for bag appeal only and I know that it doesn't do anything to the potency. GPD is above all else a purple. Therefore, in order for the plant to better express that color, I have removed them to a climate between 50 and 55 degrees. There they will stay undisturbed for 2 or three days while they soak the rest of the water from the container and ripen to a nice purple. 9 weeks is enough time for a GPD to flower, and now all I want is the bag appeal. I'm hoping that only two to three days will be enough for them to do this. The reason for the white 5Gal bucket is so they will continue to get ambient light but much less of it and well dispersed around the entire enclosure. This will also help to finish up the flowering and pack on that last gram or two from these plants.

I will not post pics of where they are, because geographically, it will X me out.
031412130126.jpg
031412130140.jpg

The other three, Green Fluffy Bunnies and Thing2 in hydro bin and SETI in soil, are still comfy-cozy inside the box.
031412130424.jpg
031412130441.jpg

Heya Jandre -

Have you done your bucket trick before? Does it work every time? Does it really only take 2-3 days or is it sometimes quicker or take longer? Interesting!

Back
Top Bottom