New clone growth?

A small air stone or even a tube with an air pump could speed up that clone in the plastic bottle ! Aim for PH 5.5 and replace water with tap water ( assuming your tap has a fair amount of cal and mag in it (most do)). I would get a small air pump and pump some air down to those roots! They'll be much happier and produce much quicker.
Im a huge advocate for aerocloners though 😉 I got quality roots in 10 days and just transplanted this morning ! Check it out

Update! The joy of cloning!
1. I tossed those two clones and then tossed it up to lessons learned.These were in peat pods. (not their fault)
2. Started 2 new clones yesterday 7/13 as directed but these went into northeast tap water. They are still alive. lol
3. I topped an afghan mom on 7/1 and cloned it as directed and placed it in 50% tap water & 50% 6.5 balanced H2O. Water is changed every few days and is oxygenated often. There are small white protrusions on the stem but nothing significant (I can not give you a pic of this)
There is also obvious plant material still on the stem from me lightly scoring the stem and makes it harder to discern roots. But she is looking good and growing (I think) Here are some pics of her from 7/4 and 7/13 respectively. Thoughts? Input?
Thanks!
#cloning and anxiety

20240704_105344.jpg

20240712_171103.jpg

If the leaves are not wilting then it is a sign that the cutting is able to absorb the water it needs through the openings on the stem and the cut at the end. Doesn't mean that it will grow roots but at least it is a good sign.

A problem I see is that if the cutting starts to grow roots then how will you be able to pull it through the bottle cap? Early on the roots will be delicate and easy to break off. Probably better off to cut the top of the bottle off so it looks like a water glass.

Thanks! Hopefully the root system will become hearty and I will just cut the bottle.
Thank you all! For all your help!

Back
Top Bottom