Hello guys, this is day 4.

Bubba’s Gift Is still growing slowly:
E1FC1B1E-BE97-41A6-999A-0F7030D377E2.jpeg

Mexican Sativa seems not to want to keep growing, I helped her a little bit yesterday by removing the seed shell with tweezers, as carefully as I could, but the cotyledons still won’t open, when I look closely between them it seems like she has her first 2 tiny leaves, but she isn’t growing a stem or doing anything. Any advice is welcome. I don’t know if she’s going to grow or I should give up and plant a different seed.
59FBC384-BC85-4F16-8715-076B9FB4B851.jpeg

Oh, by the way, I know the substrate seems muddy, but that’s just the surface. I only sprayed them a little bit right before I took the pictures.

My concern is how different they look so far, and they were planted on the same day.

Mexican Sativa seems not to want to keep growing, I helped her a little bit yesterday by removing the seed shell with tweezers, as carefully as I could, but the cotyledons still won’t open, when I look closely between them it seems like she has her first 2 tiny leaves, but she isn’t growing a stem or doing anything. Any advice is welcome. I don’t know if she’s going to grow or I should give up and plant a different seed.

Oh, by the way, I know the substrate seems muddy, but that’s just the surface. I only sprayed them a little bit right before I took the pictures.

My concern is how different they look so far, and they were planted on the same day.

I wouldn't be concerned. They are different strains, they will grow differently. Even the same strains will grow different with different phenos

Definitely get a humidifier with a regulator that keeps the humidifier to 50% or 60% I got one from amazon & it keeps my humidity at 55% all the time. Make sure they're getting enough light, check your light manufacturers guidelines for correct height from the canopy. Water gently with PH water 6.5 from the inner stem & go around outwards in a spiral shape. They're looking good so far! Try not to worry to much! Overthinking will kill you haha

Definitely get a humidifier with a regulator that keeps the humidifier to 50% or 60% I got one from amazon & it keeps my humidity at 55% all the time. Make sure they're getting enough light, check your light manufacturers guidelines for correct height from the canopy. Water gently with PH water 6.5 from the inner stem & go around outwards in a spiral shape. They're looking good so far! Try not to worry to much! Overthinking will kill you haha

Hello,
I bought a humidifier last night, it should be here tomorrow.
My lights manufacturer says height should be between 16 and 20 inches from the surface of my plants; however they’re not in the tent yet.

I’ll put them in the tent after I get my humidifier, because a few days ago I had just one plant and I put it in the tent before leaving for work, when I came back it was completely fried.

I did some experiments on the Sativa earlier, and what I did was to surgically open the cotyledons so the little leaves inside can actually receive some light. Then I put one drop of water on top of the leaves. This is how it looks now:
72370111-6EC8-45D4-9780-1B95394DF5EC.jpeg

Hello guys, another update...

For a while it seemed like the cotyledons where trying to come together again...
6BDF1490-53C2-49A6-AB67-839BA36A0C7A.jpeg

Then a couple hours later, they seems to stay the same way, although I can see the slightly bigger one darkening a little, hopefully it’s just the sun and not my fault for the earlier surgery.
7F77B9BB-085D-4AFA-A8F4-07137F7C2248.jpeg

On this next picture It kind of looks like she actually has a stem, but it’s growing downwards instead of up, and it’s kind of bent
0143BE28-8367-47C4-A8FD-EB6AEC7A5F9E.jpeg

@greenmind @Cannadian420
You guys are right, I should chill out a little bit. I mean it’s not like I want to plant my seeds and start rolling up joints the next day, I just want the little ungrateful b**** to show some appreciation for my care and grow a little bit hahahahaha:laugh:

Lol, I guess not overthinking is not in me FML.:sorry:

Ok, I admit I’m not too patient, so I decided to do something rash because I would like to know whether to wait some more or declare her death and move on... I still don’t know, but I decided to dig a little deeper and what I found wasn’t encouraging.

The stem wasn’t even the issue, she’s not developing roots, after 4 days she should have a little one at least.
After this I replanted the little one but it might just be a waste of time.
I need some serious advice, or opinions on this...
F1628C8C-691D-4C5E-BC0C-66929CD8F21A.jpeg

1C15A392-B049-402D-9851-2C3403620653.jpeg

Hello,
I bought a humidifier last night, it should be here tomorrow.
My lights manufacturer says height should be between 16 and 20 inches from the surface of my plants; however they’re not in the tent yet.

I’ll put them in the tent after I get my humidifier, because a few days ago I had just one plant and I put it in the tent before leaving for work, when I came back it was completely fried.

I did some experiments on the Sativa earlier, and what I did was to surgically open the cotyledons so the little leaves inside can actually receive some light. Then I put one drop of water on top of the leaves. This is how it looks now:
72370111-6EC8-45D4-9780-1B95394DF5EC.jpeg
Once you get your humidifier, I think it'll get that little easier for you. Once you've got humidity under control, it's one less important factor, NOT to worry about. Your lights don't have to be super close to the seedlings. As long as your light covers the grow surface area, that should be fine for seedlings. Temps obviously have to be 25c for daytime. Lowest for night time is 17c.

Ok, I admit I’m not too patient, so I decided to do something rash because I would like to know whether to wait some more or declare her death and move on... I still don’t know, but I decided to dig a little deeper and what I found wasn’t encouraging.

The stem wasn’t even the issue, she’s not developing roots, after 4 days she should have a little one at least.

Holy shit bro. It was only a seedling! It isn't meant to have an established root system yet! @Pennywise @Doc Bud @Duggan this man needs some help

Time to chill and let the baby do her thing. Cannabis plants have been doing just fine for thousands of years without our interference. You’ll do more harm than good by trying to “help” them. Time to let nature take its course.

Time to chill and let the baby do her thing. Cannabis plants have been doing just fine for thousands of years without our interference. You’ll do more harm than good by trying to “help” them. Time to let nature take its course.
@Pennywise is his seedling done for death? It looks like it man

Looks like the beginning of what would be the root system was damaged. I’d just replant it and hope for the best.
Damn. That's a shame. How could we avoid this, for future reference? You reckon it was bad seeds, environmental or watering, nute issues

Once you plant a seed/seedling don’t dig it up to check its progress. Seedlings show weird growth until the get their feet under them. Just trust that they’re developing normally.

Your root rotted off because you planted it in the wrong medium.
The root should have been as long as the dead body in your hand.
I tried germinating in wet tissue, but the roots are often curly, or they don't like the transplant, or you miss the perfect date to plant, so I changed to ....

Either start them in
1. Jiffy peat pellets, use a toothpick to dig a 1cm (no deeper than 2cm) deep hole in the top of the wet pellet, use tweezers to insert the seed (crater up, point down) and cover in peat, cover the surface, put in a warm dark place, mist every day. I've only had one seed fail to germinate, then bury the pellet in whatever you want to grow it in a day or two after the head surfaces or
2. Direct in coco coir, same as the jiffy, until it pokes up. They all grow, but sometimes they're a little 'kinked', so later I just bury the kink with some more coco.

Tomato seeds I can dig out of a tomato I've eaten and just plant it in potting compost and they grow, LandRace cannabis seeds I can plant in the concrete like soil found in my backyard and they shoot up. Hybrid cannabis seeds I can't grow in anything apart from the two methods I've listed, they're delicate as hell.

I grew a free pineapple chunk. It's fantastic
Yes true. But I know nothing of your experience with the pineapple chunk haha just what you told me. So let's say I want a nice car. Audi RS3 in moon grey. You think I'm getting that for free? How about a supermodel girlfriend? Or a beach house in malibu? The latest pair of Jordans? A Rolex? Tailored suit? A three course meal at the finest restaurant? Haha hopefully you get my point.

Back
Top Bottom