Multi-Strain Seed Run

The girls are looking great after their haircut! :yummy: Been opened up nicely.

Flower Tent Update:

full

Front View: Left to Right Cream & Cheese, Sapphire Scout, Candida

full

I opened them up by bending the main branches out, after some light pruning. Here's the result:

full

full

I've taken the images for the MS Update. No! Not the hated bug-riddled software vendor. The Male Status Update is what I'm talking about.

A setting on the camera changed during this photo session. I'm not sure what, so it's RTFM again.

MS Update:

I'm going to try something new here. I've put the images into a table. Clicking the image should bring it up full size. Please give it a try, and let me know if it works for you. If not, please send the device, and browser details that you used, and I'll pass that on to our webmaster.

These are the branches treated with STS (Silver Thiosulfate):

full
full
full
full

Cream & Cheese

full
full
full
full

Sapphire Scout

full
full
full
full

Candida

The reason that I'm trying this format is to save all that swiping and thumb-wheeling to get through a long series of images. This should let those who want a closer look do so, and others skim through the post. It's a little more work posting this way, but I'll continue if you like it.

The posts are working well for me Salt. Garden is looking amazing!

Day 1 of Flower in the 5' Tent / Mars Hydro TSL-2000 (12/12 Light Cycle)

full

Left to Right: Cream & Cheese, Sapphire Scout, Candida

full

Sapphire Scout
_______________________________________________________________​

full

Cream & Cheese

full

Candida

The Sapphire Scout is just starting, but both the Cream & Cheese. and Candida are further ahead. We'll call this Day 1 of Flower. The flowering times are:
  • Cream & Cheese - 65 days;
  • Sapphire Scout - 70 days; and
  • Candida - 63 Days.
Harvest should be in 9-11 weeks or during the last half of September.

The plants in this tent have been switched to General Hydroponics Flora Trio and Supplements in a modified 35% strength as follows:

Water
18 l
Armor Si
2.5 ml
CaliMagic
8.0 ml
Flora Micro
17.0 ml
Flora Grow
8.5 ml
Flora Bloom
25.0 ml
Floralicious Plus
1.6 ml
Liquid Koolbloom
8.0 ml
35% Label Strength; CALiMAG @ 45%; pH = 6.2

Something I've noticed is that the plants are drinking 25-50% more under the new lights. Hopefully that will translate into bigger harvests.

I flipped the tent with the two plants in veg to 12/12 lighting today, They'll get 11 hours of darkness before the lights come back on. I'll refer to this tent as "7' Tent / DIY Eight COB (12/12 Light Cycle)" om the future.

The "5' Tent / Mars Hydro TSL-2000 (12/12 Light Cycle)" is the one with three plants, one branch of each treated with STS. I raised the light as much as I dared. The power supplies are now about 3" (7.5cm) from the top of the tent. I can only hope the stretch is done.

7' Tent / DIY Eight COB (12/12 Light Cycle) Day 3 of Stretch

The plants were flipped to 12/12 lighting three days ago to start the stretch. Before the stretch I took a bunch of cuttings to grow some clones. The Sapphire Scout cuttings in front are not doing well at all. The new cuttings were coated with Stim Root and put right in the coco/perlite. I skipped the Rapid Rooters.

full

Cuttings: Sapphire Scout in front, Cream & Cheese to the Right, and Candida on the Left

Before Pruning
full

full

Left to Right: Cream & Cheese, Candida
After Pruning
full

full

Left to Right: Candida, Cream & Cheese

The new side branches were removed, but all the leaves were left alone during this round of pruning. One meter plant supports were added for the main branches. I swapped positions of the plants for the oscillating fan. The Candida is shorter, so it was move to the side of the tent with the fan. I hope they no more than double during the stretch, as I'm running short of vertical space. I've got perhaps 30" (75cm) available. We'll have to wait and see.

Hey Salty, The photo format works great. Your Gardens are looking the same. I was wondering how you got the plant to stay bent outwards? Did you supercrop or just give em a little bend and the colas stayed?

I had shorter plant supports first. They were a little less than half the length of the new ones. The cheapest way to get them, was as tomato cages at the dollar store. They just unclipped from or slid off of the circles.

Big stretch! Hope that they slow down a bit for you. Bummer about the clones. I'm just finishing up a bubble cloner DIY set-up based on what @Dutchman1990 shared. Hopefully that will work better for me. No signs of success/progress on your STS victims yet?

Big stretch! Hope that they slow down a bit for you. Bummer about the clones. I'm just finishing up a bubble cloner DIY set-up based on what @Dutchman1990 shared. Hopefully that will work better for me. No signs of success/progress on your STS victims yet?

I haven't seen any jump out at me yet. I'll look closely tomorrow when I take the images for that tent's update.

Good luck on the cloner ! Let me know how it turns out and works for you!

Day 7 of Flower in the 5' Tent / Mars Hydro TSL-2000 (12/12 Light Cycle)

The tops of the plants are 12" (30cm) from the light. They were flipped 20 days ago, and the first flowers appeared 7 days ago. I hope they're finished stretching. There's no place left to grow. I've done everything I can in the tent to raise the lights as high as possible. The top of the power supplies are 1.5" (3.8cm) from the top of the tent. Note there's no fan or filter above the light. I used chain to suspend it from the pole.

The Sapphire Scout has almost doubled in size during the past week.

full

Left to Right: Cream & Cheese, Candida, Sapphire Scout
full

Mars Hydro TSL-2000 All Chained Up

Day 7 of Flower in the 5' Tent / Mars Hydro TSL-2000 (12/12 Light Cycle)

The tops of the plants are 12" (30cm) from the light. They were flipped 20 days ago, and the first flowers appeared 7 days ago. I hope they're finished stretching. There's no place left to grow. I've done everything I can in the tent to raise the lights as high as possible. The top of the power supplies are 1.5" (3.8cm) from the top of the tent. Note there's no fan or filter above the light. I used chain to suspend it from the pole.

The Sapphire Scout has almost double in size during the past week.

full

Left to Right: Cream & Cheese, Candida, Sapphire Scout
full

Mars Hydro TSL-2000 All Chained Up

Yikes! The stretch continues!! They look great, Salty. Do you think you will need to resort to bending them? I know it isn't ideal at this stage, but... Still, nicely done!

Back
Top Bottom