Mr. 9-Milly Attempts Autos Again

Howdy y'all!
Come one, come all! Everyone is welcome here and definitely encouraged to ask questions and share opinions!
:welcome:

It's an exciting time around the Milly home! The winter girls are almost finished, so we're gonna squeeze in a group of autos before the summer drop.
:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

I was blessed with a few auto beans from my homeboy @Bilbobudkin420 , and I still had a few beans laying around. Finally decided on 4 strains.

I will be attempting the Super Lemon Haze auto from Green House Seed co. Lemon strains seem to be my nemesis; I'm dropping 2 of them this time.

I'll also be running 2 BlackBerry Kush auto and 1 Grapefruit auto from Fast Buds.

Strain #4 will be 1- Dreamberry auto from Auto Seeds.

6 total plants... as long as we get 100% germination. Fingers crossed...
:adore::adore::adore:

I start my seedlings the same way, almost every time. LoL It works well for me, so I stick with it.

Beans get a soak for about 24 hours in regular tap water. I can tell when they are ready to move into the paper towel when, they sink on their own, or sink when touched. Most times they are floating, I give them a little tap, and they sink like a rock.
:thumb:

After the water bath, I move them into a wet paper towel, inside a baggy. They will sit on a dark shelf in my closet until they show tap roots.

Now... most growers will start their autos in the final pot... I've done this many, many times. I've just found it a little bit safer to start in the cup with a mild starting mix before up-potting to straight coco. It affords me a buffer zone so I don't fry my babies in the coco mix, if I charged it a little hot.... If I were in soil, they would start in the 3 gal pots right away.

Here's the mix I will be using on this group.

I've also adopted these cups... they release from the soil, flawlessly. Makes for an easy transplant, that's why I don't worry much about "up-canning" an auto.

Once I'm comfortable with their size, I'll move them into 3 gal fabric pots to finish out their days.

This grow will be straight coco again. I'll charge the medium with 1/4 strength nutes and treat the transplant area with mycos before moving the babies into the bigger pots.

Since this is a brand new journal, I'm sure I forgot a bunch of pertinent info... I'll update as I figure out what's missing.

Stay lifted homies! Hope we get a good group to hang out for this journey...

:passitleft::passitleft::passitleft::passitleft:

-P

I'm trying to gear this journal around the new grower, or growers who are new to autos.
Hope I do a decent job on this group, so it's, at least, slightly educational.

Any suggestions about content to add, that would be beneficial, please feel free to drop it here. I try to avoid getting butthurt; we're all here to learn.

On with the show...
:passitleft:

Shed, present and accounted for :ciao:.
Damn, Shed beat me! I’m here, y’all know I have some learnin to do about these autos!
Autos are inferior to photos and only for weak growers....count me in! :)
Whoop whoop! Party time!
:high-five:
I better pay attention to this as I’ve just bought my first auto seeds. Nice one Preston just what I’m looking for.

:welcome:

Hope I can share a few useful tips along the way... even if someone learn from my mistakes.
#science!

Stay lifted

Yooooo!! I’m here! Excited for this grow show to take off!!

I love that your transplanting the autos Preston! I did it with my WW autos and never had a problem. In fact once I transplanted them from the starter pots to the 5Gal they took off!! I’ve actually decided I’m going try and start my next autos in small pots and transplant again! I think as long as the transplant is done correctly there shouldn’t be stress put on the plant. Allow the small pot to become almost dry. Make opening. Sprinkle mykos or your rooting agent (Voodoo Juice for my once inserted) and then give them a good watering with a light feed!

I think the fear of transplanting autos come because people do it so late. If you transplant on time there shouldn’t be any issues!

Back
Top Bottom