Morglie's Perpetual: New Space & New Strains

How often does it rain in October? Do you have any RH spikes by night?

You could even grow some landraces with that kind of weather and latitude, but most hybrids will do just fine.

Good solid hybrids should do fine and indicas are good. I already harvested a couple tiny plants. The Afghanis are freebies from Herbie's and I read it wasn't fully stabilized so it's not too surprising it's a late bloomer. It's started the same last year and this. The thing that surprised me is my Malawi starting early.

I love sativas but I don't think outside most will start flowering early enough to let them finish even if they are 10-11 week strains. It seems like you cut yours fairly early compared to what I've been doing indoors. Do you find they flower quicker outdoors or is that just a product of your light dep ones?

I do have some sanai landrace seeds from Egypt RSC. They are supposed to be related to Lebanese. Kind of a landrace hybrid. I'm probably going to pop a couple this winter inside and try a couple clones outside next year. They are supposed to deal with extreme temps well. I want to be able to develope a sativa stain that will do well here outdoors and potentially could grow wild in my climate.

Thank you for the advice. I appreciate it.

Awesome! I'm at 40 latitude in the Midwest in America. It normally doesn't get much over 90f but the humidity can get very high in the mid summer. Latest harvest by early October would be best.

I prefer sativas and sativa leaning. Bangi Haze seems to fit the bill from what I've read of it. I guess the main thing with sativas here is whether they start flowering soon enough.

Thank you Con!

I'm within a couple of degrees of your latitude. Subbed to enjoy watching you grow some very intersting strains.

How big is that late veg area desktop? Every grow is different, but I find I need about 1/2 to 2/3 the plant count in late veg as i do for flowering. This space might be a challenge for you if you plan on flowering 9-12 plants at a time.

My flower room is big enough to comfortably fit 6 plants in 14 gallon totes. I could squeeze in 7 if I really wanted but it would be hard to get around. The extra space will probably be used to flower out small plants. Sexing them, or pollinated plants perhaps.

My veg area has enough room to fit 16 plants in 5x5 pots with room to go to 24 if I really need to, and room for 3 in 14 gallon totes to get them ready for flower. I have enough room I could fit another 2 in 5 gallon buckets in the late veg area as well if I wanted. I'm figuring I should be harvesting 2 plants a month roughly, so there should be enough room to keep it going once everything is in motion. I designed it to fit 4 18 gallon totes like I have my Malawi in, but the 14 gallon ones I found are more durable plus the lids work much better as drip trays. And 3 of them equals a full kit. Easier to cycle kits hopefully, as that's been one of my downfalls so far.

Once I get past this first influx of plants it should be a pretty smooth cycle. We'll see if it works as fluid in reality. We'll know soon enough. I'll be putting another two seeds into soil today.

My flower room is big enough to comfortably fit 6 plants in 14 gallon totes. I could squeeze in 7 if I really wanted but it would be hard to get around. The extra space will probably be used to flower out small plants. Sexing them, or pollinated plants perhaps.

My veg area has enough room to fit 16 plants in 5x5 pots with room to go to 24 if I really need to, and room for 3 in 14 gallon totes to get them ready for flower. I have enough room I could fit another 2 in 5 gallon buckets in the late veg area as well if I wanted. I'm figuring I should be harvesting 2 plants a month roughly, so there should be enough room to keep it going once everything is in motion. I designed it to fit 4 18 gallon totes like I have my Malawi in, but the 14 gallon ones I found are more durable plus the lids work much better as drip trays. And 3 of them equals a full kit. Easier to cycle kits hopefully, as that's been one of my downfalls so far.

Once I get past this first influx of plants it should be a pretty smooth cycle. We'll see if it works as fluid in reality. We'll know soon enough. I'll be putting another two seeds into soil today.

Sound like you have it planned well.

I have space for 6 1-gallon plus 4 7-gallon in veg to feed 6 7-gallon in flower. If I could get enough soil cooking in a good rotation, it seems it would work out fine,

It should be fun watching you play Noah : bringing girls and boys together into your flower room, two by two.

It should be fun watching you play Noah : bringing girls and boys together into your flower room, two by two.

Thank you for that image. It gave me a good laugh.

I'm getting this line of seedlings going in veg. I need to get some pictures up. Once I get my veg lights in place I want to get some pictures of my purple Malawi. The stems turn this deep purple and reek of this balsamic piney aroma. They do this when the stems hit their fiber glass stage.

I've been burning some of it tonight as well. Damn, this is good smoke... I want to grow it out properly under good lights.

Up early this morning and figured I'd upload a couple of pics I've got.

I got part of my new shipment from Doc. Nice looking labels!
420-magazine-mobile1675032972.jpg

My cannatonic now that she's started to grab the soil. She's not to far from her first drink.
420-magazine-mobile649951151.jpg

And my line of seedlings.
420-magazine-mobile671430211.jpg

So far I have Apollo 13 x2, tangie x2, ultra dawg x2, and Crockett's dawg x2 just starting to poke their heads up this morning. Strange brew x2, and early bubba hash x1 are still underground. I was looking at my lineup and I decided to forgo the CBD pure Hazeling that I was going to finish with. I want to start one of my new landraces. I'm thinking the sanai but that could change. I still have a few in the shoot before I start soaking them.

Peace

Looking good Morglie. That's a great line up of babies. I've gotta get my mitts on some of that UD. I've had Apollo 13 and it is one of the few memorable ones I got from a dispensary.

Give me time and I should have a good load of UD f3s. I'm planning on open pollinating the f2 seeds I got. It sounds like an excellent strain, and especially good for outdoor growing around me.

The Apollo 13 sounds like it should be right up my alley. Potent, clear headed sativa high? Check!

My lights came in! :slide:
Flower is now a bit on the blinding side. Advanced veg is getting there as well.
420-magazine-mobile1476005825.jpg
420-magazine-mobile154622684.jpg

I can't wait to fill that room up.

420-magazine-mobile436985411.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1459730823.jpg

And a few random pics.
420-magazine-mobile309420362.jpg
420-magazine-mobile674629970.jpg
420-magazine-mobile366534615.jpg

Now I need to figure out how to lower my temps in veg. They shot back up to 90 once I got all my lights on.

I took this the other day as I was putting away my order from Doc. The new labels look good.
420-magazine-mobile165826952.jpg

Peace

Iiimmm reeeaaallllyy liking where this is going, I'm in!

Nice pics :cheesygrinsmiley: :thumb:

It's downright shocking how bright those panels are, huh? :laugh:

I'm only running mine at 40 watts or so and I wince every time I look up at 'em! I have to shield my brow and squint, even to look into the room - like coming out of a cave into bright sunlight. Only 650 watts in a 4x4. And I was running 1000 watts of blurples before - it's not like I'm not used to bright.

Love the color of your buds. :love:

Back
Top Bottom