Mildew

Finally got a break in the crap weather that ive been waiting for.
Got a milk spray on for these girls finally.
Wasnt seeing what I wanted from the Apple Cider Vinegar.
Heres to hoping this works!

Attachments

• 20200912_125341.jpg
    20200912_125341.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 47
  • 20200912_125349.jpg
    20200912_125349.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 53
I used whole milk. I had a lot wpm on some pumpkin leaves and I sprayed them with milk then a little neem. And it has cleared up well. I feel so bad for the outdoor growers on the west coast. All the smoke cuz those idiots lit a damn smoke bomb.

I wasnt too sure, I did a fair amount of reading and decided with the Skimmed milk.
I was pleasantly surprised this morning to see no signs of PM on my two infected plants, I know theyre still infected but it looks like im starting to get some where with the battle.
Also, that fire is insane. All for a gender reveal...

From my own research and reading milk works whole or raw milk is best because the fat proteins inhibit PM. The baking soda or potassium bicarbonate and PH up work well by changing the leaf surface ph to a lv PM cant survive at. Bud was with PM I agree is a must to prevent mold during storage. Mild mix of Hydrogen peroxide or ph 10 water work well for bud wash. Ive started using neem oil this year and find it also works very well in rotation with other methods to control treat and prevent PM.
I found these ratios work well
491055BF-5B37-4615-9655-C7E02505642F.png

GoodLuck
Happy420
:bongrip:

From my own research and reading milk works whole or raw milk is best because the fat proteins inhibit PM. The baking soda or potassium bicarbonate and PH up work well by changing the leaf surface ph to a lv PM cant survive at. Bud was with PM I agree is a must to prevent mold during storage. Mild mix of Hydrogen peroxide or ph 10 water work well for bud wash. Ive started using neem oil this year and find it also works very well in rotation with other methods to control treat and prevent PM.
I found these ratios work well
491055BF-5B37-4615-9655-C7E02505642F.png

GoodLuck
Happy420
:bongrip:

Everybody ive talked to seems to have a different ratio, or idea on which milk to use. Which is to be expected ofcourse.
Everybody has their own way of doing things, and theres just so much different advice on it, tough to decide which route to go. I just picked one and went for it.
I also found reading that more people who are growing indoors seem to be using the whole milk as they can control airflow etc, those outside are using milk with less fat because they cant. At the end of the day, I really have no idea but im going to fight the battle to the bitter end. Will give whole milk a shot if Im not getting the results I want. Im going with 40% milk 60% water right now.

Everybody ive talked to seems to have a different ratio, or idea on which milk to use. I also found reading that more people who are growing indoors seem to be using the whole milk as they can control airflow etc, those outside are using milk with less fat because they cant. At the end of the day, I really have no idea but im going to fight the battle to the bitter end. Will give whole milk a shot if Im not getting the results I want. Im going with 40% milk 60% water right now.
That a high ratio of milk I think I used 20-25% But whatever works is what you gotta do. I find using a variety of methods works because no one method is perfect.
GoodLuck
:thumb:

@SmokeLake

Welp..
Got home from work, quick inspection... and its back.
Should I switch to a milk with a more fat content or switch from milk all together and go a different route?
Citric acid was brought up on another thread by @InTheShed , I have absolutely zero experience with it, might be worth a shot though.
I really thought I was getting somewhere with it.
Gonna start pulling my hair out pretty shortly, and thatl be interesting considering I buzz my head.
Im going to give them apple cider vinegar solution tonight, and then I guess maybe give them some milk and water tomorrow early afternoon. Would that over kill? Im not sure if I can spray 2 different types of solution in under the span of 24 hours, I really dont know

Attachments

• 20200914_154628.jpg
    20200914_154628.jpg
    945.1 KB · Views: 49
  • 20200914_154609.jpg
    20200914_154609.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 54
  • 20200914_154553.jpg
    20200914_154553.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 49
Little update.
Still battling the Mildew, the Unknown strain has cleared up ALOT, im very impressed.
Still using milk+water during the afternoon when possible (switcing to a fattier milk I think) and also spraying the ACV+water at night when I havent used milk. Although, im still spraying the unknown plant everytime I spray Chocolota which Im still fighting a battle with. Even though shes still showing signs of mildew, she sure is growing like crazy. Buds are packing on weight now.
Keep in mind she started flowering about 1.5-2weeks before the rest of my plants, including the large one next to it.
Picture taken today. no up close pics tho.
Pic 1- chocolota
Pic 2 - unknown

Attachments

• 16003089400713450461599506885782.jpg
    16003089400713450461599506885782.jpg
    883.4 KB · Views: 49
  • 1600309214955887201291079685091.jpg
    1600309214955887201291079685091.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 43
Little update.
Still battling the Mildew, the Unknown strain has cleared up ALOT, im very impressed.
Still using milk+water during the afternoon when possible (switcing to a fattier milk I think) and also spraying the ACV+water at night when I havent used milk. Although, im still spraying the unknown plant everytime I spray Chocolota which Im still fighting a battle with. Even though shes still showing signs of mildew, she sure is growing like crazy. Buds are packing on weight now.
Keep in mind she started flowering about 1.5-2weeks before the rest of my plants, including the large one next to it.
Picture taken today. no up close pics tho.
Pic 1- chocolota
Pic 2 - unknown
I started using diluted 3% hydrogen peroxide to control it spraying everything and it is working so far.Good news on the mildew from what i have read it seems to not be dangerous in any way other than maybe allergies.It will not effect the lungs or there is no data to say it does.Bud rot mold that will infect the lungs.

I started using diluted 3% hydrogen peroxide to control it spraying everything and it is working so far.

I thought about this, Il forsure be using it to budwash.
But I thought me switching for spraying might be doing too much since ive already been spraying with milk AND acv.
If I do switch, should I not spray anything at all for a week or so or would I be good to go ahead and use it right away?

I am going to do the three bucket wash first one with 200ml to 250ml 3% hydrogen peroxide plus 5 gallons of water the other two buckets just plain tap water then hang to dry.

Yeah thats what il be doing aswell, I seen the huge old thread about it a little while back.
For spraying with it, should I let them go with no milk or acv for a few days before making the switch to the hydogen peroxide? Or can I quit what im doing right now (havent sprayed anything since lastnight) and make the switch starting tomorrow?

Back
Top Bottom