MGD420's Second Grow Journal

Bit of bad news ladies and gentleman

So after going out and buying 2 nice shiny big 18" fans to replace the little 6" ones I had previously used in my 4x4 and taking some safety precaution and fitted some smoke alarms and made a couple of tweaks to the automated feeding system aswell.
Everything was finally ready up the loft for the girls to be transplanted today.

But ...............

I received a call from the local housing association i rent from and they need access to the entire house including the loft area for an electrical safety check.

Sh*t, Boll*cks, F*ck ! Mission Abort, Mission Abort.

So now it looks as if all that work, time and effort to convert the loft was all for nothing and everything will need to be taken down and the entire grow aborted.

Bit of bad news ladies and gentleman

So after going out and buying 2 nice shiny big 18" fans to replace the little 6" ones I had previously used in my 4x4 and taking some safety precaution and fitted some smoke alarms and made a couple of tweaks to the automated feeding system aswell.
Everything was finally ready up the loft for the girls to be transplanted today.

But ...............

I received a call from the local housing association i rent from and they need access to the entire house including the loft area for an electrical safety check.

Sh*t, Boll*cks, F*ck ! Mission Abort, Mission Abort.

So now it looks as if all that work, time and effort to convert the loft was all for nothing and everything will need to be taken down and the entire grow aborted.
Sorry to hear that mate.. gutted for you.. I can imagine what a chew on that will be . But, it will give you peace of mind that all your electrics are safe after they've checked. So there is a bit of a bright side...
Have the give you an exact date of when they are turning up?

Sorry to hear that mate.. gutted for you.. I can imagine what a chew on that be . But, it will give you peace of mind that all your electrics are safe after they've checked. So there is a bit of a bright side...
Have the give you an exact date of when they are turning up?

Hi Squiggle. Thanks for the reply.

I'm gutted aswell. I'm not sure if the inspection is because it's due or because the authorities know during the lockdown a lot more people will have been growing and are using it as an opertunity to impose themselves on tenants in the hopes of catching a few mid grow.

Yea they have scheduled an appointment for next week so I should have plenty of time to take the entire grow down and try get a lot of the stuff hidden out of sight aswell as get some of the stuff stored elsewhere away from the house.

Would it be possible for a 420 mag staff member to either delete this grow journal or put the journal into the inactive pile since the grow won't be able to go ahead.

Thanks

MGD420
You will be coming back, won't you?
Use the report button next to your post and that will alert them.
How long do you think you will be out of action? Will you be setting back up exactly the same?
And again, really sorry to hear about this.

You will be coming back, won't you?
Use the report button next to your post and that will alert them.
How long do you think you will be out of action? Will you be setting back up exactly the same?
And again, really sorry to hear about this.

I won't be leaving the forum.

Thanks for that Squiggle.

Not sure exactly what's going to happen yet regarding the grow as I gave my tents out to a friend to start his own grow.
I have 10 plants at the moment ready to be transplanted.

The issue with having the grow up the loft is the amount of time it took to set up, its not easily accessible due to the amount of rafters etc granted it wouldn't take as long to set up after taking it down, it's still going to take a while and I need to try balance the time between family and the grow so to have to tear it all down now to then put it back up has just put me off the whole loft setup.

If things had went to plant and the grow had went ahead I still wasn't 100% sure if I was going to do another in the loft.

I won't be leaving the forum.

Thanks for that Squiggle.

Not sure exactly what's going to happen yet regarding the grow as I gave my tents out to a friend to start his own grow.
I have 10 plants at the moment ready to be transplanted.

The issue with having the grow up the loft is the amount of time it took to set up, its not easily accessible due to the amount of rafters etc granted it wouldn't take as long to set up after taking it down, it's still going to take a while and I need to try balance the time between family and the grow so to have to tear it all down now to then put it back up has just put me off the whole loft setup.

If things had went to plant and the grow had went ahead I still wasn't 100% sure if I was going to do another in the loft.
Ahh dude, that friggin sucks

I would keep every picture you have, and it'll make it that much easier if you do decide to do a loft grow again.

And look at it this way...best that notice came when it did, vs 8 weeks from now or some such. Feel for you all the same and wish you the best

Ahh dude, that friggin sucks

I would keep every picture you have, and it'll make it that much easier if you do decide to do a loft grow again.

And look at it this way...best that notice came when it did, vs 8 weeks from now or some such. Feel for you all the same and wish you the best

Thanks Rexer.
I was thinking the same thing. Better now than a few weeks into the grow or a few weeks before harvest.

I'm going to call the housing association tomorrow and try see if its possible to reschedule so I can finish what I started. Failing that I might try keep at least 4 plants and just keep them elsewhere for a couple of days and just put them into the 4x4 tent. I gave both my tents to a friend to help him out as he never had any growing equipment. He's only growing 2 plants so only using the 2x2.

Back
Top Bottom