Master Kush: Cabinet Grow (Low Odor - Small Space 1.5 x 1.5x 3ft)

OG Sinse

Strain/s:Bag seed Wash DC dispensary. (Master Kush Regular)
Genetic Makeup: Indica
Pot/Bucket Size: 3 gallon cloth
Tent Size: 1.5x 1.5x 3 secret grow cabinet
Grow Space: 1.5 x 1.5 x 3
How Many Plants: 1
Environment: Indoor
Stage: Veg
Medium: Fox Farm Happy Frog, perlite, rabbit manure
Lights: Spider Farmer SF-1000
Nutrients: Dynagrow Foliage Pro, Protekt, Bloom, Magpro, Cal Mag, Recharge, Great White, rabbit manure tea (from pet rabbit)
Room/Tent Temperature: 72
Relative Humidity: 60
Pests: Fungus gnats: BTI used along side sticky traps.
Watering: twice per week, every 3-4 days. (increasing in flower)

I purchased some Master Kush from my dispensary for 80 an ounce, not bad for the money, but came with seeds. Oddly, this was a nice bonus as I was trying the strain to see if I liked it before growing it. I like it !

Here she is week 1 after popping cotyledons. I'm using a 9 watt grow bulb hung very close to prevent the seedling from becoming too lanky. I don't know why, but my Spiderfarmer SF-1000 doesn't play nicely with seedlings no matter what I try....

Week 1 Veg: Soil boiled with high PH water, will be in a high PH range looking rough until I can get the PH down. Temperature low around 68f until I turn the SF-1000 on..

Week 1.JPG

thank you for sharing, I am always astounded when I see a fully finished plant in something like a coffee mug. I look forward to seeing your post grow, I have never heard of using boiled soil water, thank you for sharing that, I hope that you are able to get that PH under control, that is important for uptake, avoiding lockout. Have an awesome day friend.

thank you for sharing, I am always astounded when I see a fully finished plant in something like a coffee mug. I look forward to seeing your post grow, I have never heard of using boiled soil water, thank you for sharing that, I hope that you are able to get that PH under control, that is important for uptake, avoiding lockout. Have an awesome day friend.

Thanks, I'm glad someone responded, I like the company. Yes, I boil and bake my soil. I hate to do it but hate mites and gnats more.. Next time, I'll PH the water before boiling and soaking.

I start off in small containers like this, but move up to 1 gallon cloth and finally 3 gallons. We have a 50/50 chance this journal continues, it could be a male. My last attempt turned out to be a boy. (pic below---- looks like a classic Indica to me huh ?) Love'm small and compact, a perfect strain for this, hopefully low odor in flower as well.

My first try: (male)

IMG_0314.JPG

mk.JPG

Is there room in the stealth cabinet for me too? I'll tag along if there is room. I'm a big boy. Lol
There's no room in the cabinet for any of us so we have to look over his shoulder when he works. On the other hand, there's plenty of room by the snack table which is where you'll find me. :cheesygrinsmiley:

A small, stealth cabinet grow, eh? I'm in!

Yeah man, custom made out of a gun cabinet.. I chopped up a Stackon Gun safe, drilled 4 inch holes, added a carbon filter fan and an SF-1000. My space is small, 1.5 x 1.5 x 3 feet, but its producing more weed than I can smoke ! My weed is piling up!

All are welcome, jump in post pics, chat and hangout all you want. I like the company. Secret grow cabinets can be lonely due to the fact that they are secret !

Here is the brand I'm using, although mine is wider with two identical doors. It was a hassle to drill 4 inch holes, but I got her done.

GCDB_924_RF_Closed_2020_a0a08dce02.jpg

I'm pulling the plug on this grow which was very sad to do. The plant was moving along nicely with white roots and beautiful foliage. After a few grows under my belt, it appears my skills are improving.

I have some light leaks that are giving my "secret" grow cabinet away and while away on a camping trip, it was obvious that one of my teens was snooping around. The cabinet is locked, but I cant take a chance, so down she came at the start of week 3....It was a reg seed, so I only had a 50/50 chance of getting a female anyway. Back to the drawing board.

Mods can delete this journal please.

I'm pulling the plug on this grow which was very sad to do. The plant was moving along nicely with white roots and beautiful foliage. After a few grows under my belt, it appears my skills are improving.

I have some light leaks that are giving my "secret" grow cabinet away and while away on a camping trip, it was obvious that one of my teens was snooping around. The cabinet is locked, but I cant take a chance, so down she came at the start of week 3....It was a reg seed, so I only had a 50/50 chance of getting a female anyway. Back to the drawing board.

Mods can delete this journal please.
That's a bummer OG. Sorry you had to terminate your grow.:sorry:

:(

Well, thats a bummer. But, safety first!

A bit of black calking on all of the seams can help and also keep the smell contained later on. And I use a front insert made from 1x2's and covered with black contractor trash bags for the front seam where the doors meet.

:(

Well, thats a bummer. But, safety first!

A bit of black calking on all of the seams can help and also keep the smell contained later on. And I use a front insert made from 1x2's and covered with black contractor trash bags for the front seam where the doors meet.

Nice tip on the black caulking, I'll check that out. Currently, I am using sticky foam but over time it seems its worn out and letting a little light through.

I had around 20 master kush seeds and only one sprouted, so this was more of an experiment, I wasn't really ready !

I'm thinking of buying a 59 " x 19 x 26 full blown safe to build a new cabinet. There is no way light will leak from that. Drilling 4 inch intake hole might wear out my drill bits though... Also planning to use two fans and two carbon filters, I'll post a thread if it gets built...

Something like this should do nicely---a little expensive, but will be one hell of a nice grow cabinet. I'll also add a spiderfarmer SF-2000 pro to double up my wattage, (currently using a SF-1000). I'm tired of growing low odor strains like Northern Lights, Master Kush and Durban Poison. I'd love to grow some OG Kush or some cookies, two of my favorites. (although I really love Northern Lights.)

1723768060265.png

1723768120942.png

Yeah, it might be harder to do with a thick metal safe like this.. I'm not sure my tools would handle it. I'm thinking I might need 3 holes, two for intake and one for exhaust. I've read that passive intake requires double to the exhaust. I've considered active intake, but that complicates things. (negative pressure etc..) I purchased an active intake fan but have not installed it.

I'd really like a metal cabinet with a door that closes flush instead of having gaps, but they are hard to find.

I'm missing my little plant already, its like having a pet to say hello to every morning...Poor little Master Kush

You could get an old TV console with an upper and a lower box. $20 or something off Craigslist and wood is easier to drill. Add locks to both upper and lower, some black calking to seal the seams and a front panel behind the doors.

Small, but looks like a nice piece of furniture you'd normally have in a room.

You could get an old TV console with an upper and a lower box. $20 or something off Craigslist and wood is easier to drill. Add locks to both upper and lower, some black calking to seal the seams and a front panel behind the doors.

Small, but looks like a nice piece of furniture you'd normally have in a room.
Almost sounds like you've used one of these in the past. Great idea!

Thanks, I'll check that out. I'm on craigslist all the time looking for cabinets to convert..

Back
Top Bottom