Long Time Smoker, First Time Grower! Blue Dream' White Widow' Greenhouse Grow

Sorry should of said but last couple pics on previous post is just some of the little buds that were cut along with the rot.. those bits weren’t infected.. as you can see they are very airy light buds another reason for me thinking it is way too early. That’s the runtz in that last pic and she has had another good lot of leaves trimmed from her since then.

One thing I have noticed on the Mac though is these weird little yellowy heads coming out the top with the pistils.. presuming I have a hermie on my hands.. may have stressed them a little bit as had to move them from the greenhouse...
MAC1 seed pockets?
Not seed pockets. Those are the anthers, a part of the male flower that could produce pollen. A bit of my own observation and what others have mentioned is that the amounts of pollen from these can be very minor and not enough to cause seeds to develop. Even when I had some seeds show up I find it hard to be bothered by 1 or 2 in three ounces of dried and cured buds.

As far as I can figure having a couple of them is not a sign that the plant is a hermaphrodite. The only times I have had what I, and several other growers, consider true hermaphrodite is when the plants started showing the hanging balls within a few weeks of flowering starting. Even if I cut all of them off they regrow in a few more weeks and that then is a bothersome hermaphrodite. I have tried to deliberately "stress" flowering plants and none of the usual lights on for extra hours, lights coming on in the middle of the night or even leaving the room light on all night while the tent door is open causes any sort of problem.

Those yellow parts are a sign that the plant is reacting to not having been pollinated and this is an attempt to produce a few seeds to perpetuate the specie. It is possible to avoid those all together by harvesting at 8 to 9 weeks after the start of flowering. Harvesting early might mean missing out on the amber/yellow trichomes but people are telling me that they prefer the type of 'high' or 'buzz' from 8 weeks of flowering instead of the couch-lock from 11 or 12 weeks.

.. ...probably another reason to cut early now too as it basically has no fan leaves for any photosynthesis to happen. Can they actually ripen or produce any more from here?
Any part of the plant that is green, even young stems, has chlorophyll and is possible to go through photosynthesis though the amounts from some areas will be minor. The 5 or 7 fingers leaves might have fallen off but those long green blades showing in some of the photos and the sugar leaves are still doing their share and producing the sucrose that the plant uses.

If you leave them the buds can add to their ripeness, get denser, and have more trichomes that turn amber. Some of the buds near the top might even get a bit larger.

Cut some of the smaller buds from the lower area of the canopy. Do a quick dry and sample those to check progress towards being ripe or producing the 'high' you are happy with. As it is now, you could leave the plant for another week and check progress, maybe take another sample. Some of the others will base their harvest on how how many of the pistils have turned a reddish brown and wrinkled up; though best to remember it is possible for the plant to continue to produce a couple new white pistils even after the majority of them have turned. Also, the plant stops taking up water at the same rate as it approaches the end so that is another sign to watch for.

@SmokingWings first off have to give a hats off to you mate for the detailed response.. exactly what I needed to hear, only finding the time to reply now but I have read your comment earlier on the week. Thanks brother really appreciate it.

Same as yourself I wouldn’t be bothered by the odd couple of seeds if anything it would be good to have a few more for next years grow but if it was covered it definitely would be bad.. haven’t had any of those ‘balls’ come along though so might be alright I just got a little worried as it’s my first time seeing this on any plant.

It’s all experimenting when it comes down to harvest for me.. never made it to a good one really I’ve always ended up with mold starting and having to cut early.. humidity on a good day is ideal at around 40-50% but once night comes round here it can reach up to 99% so it isn’t surprising how it happens just dont have my own space either that I can have a properly controlled climate for them.. have to take what I’m getting

Forbidden Runtz has been harvested and is drying now so time will tell with it.. would have ideally liked to have left it another couple weeks and not moved it from the greenhouse but it is what it is.. gonna wait until after a full dry and cure to try it out..

Meanwhile the Mac1 has gotten some good defoliating.. and a nice little feed of 1ml Alg-a-Mic for stress after defoliation, 0.5ml bio grow, 1.25ml bio bloom and 0.2ml cal mag… all mixed with 4.5L of water, didn’t check the pH but usually is around 7.1/7.2 here from the tap (although feeds could have changed that around a bit) no problems so far anyway..

Small bit of a slug problem at night now where it’s sitting so I’ve done a ring around the pot of salt to keep them little fuckers out 🫡

Better luck with that one I guess.. weather hasn’t been too pleasant recently though either. Il post some pics I grabbed earlier under this post.

MAC1
Anthers have started disappearing in some spots now too so that’s a good sign I take it.. more bud being produced around them..
IMG_4884.jpeg
IMG_4887.jpeg
IMG_4886.jpeg
IMG_4885.jpeg

Forbidden Runtz
She’s drying away now.. some airy buds I’m guessing when they dry and shrink they not gonna be too great, better luck on the MAC now really… smells the shit though 🔥🔥🔥
IMG_4878.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom