LED's 2018 Wedding Crasher Indoor Grow & Other Adventures!

Lol right on, its The second time I’ve smoked the rose petal joints. I did enjoy it though I must say. These are my new favorite types of joints tho. Rolling cones, melting and brushing rosin on the papers and dusting them in dry sift. Because why not right? Make sure the oil is thin so it burns and not just melts and drops off

Attachments

• D37DF8F9-8F96-4A87-8619-AE1FFD6CB190.png
    D37DF8F9-8F96-4A87-8619-AE1FFD6CB190.png
    1 MB · Views: 52
Pretty! I'll make sure that happens by watching you instead of trying it myself :).
What do you mean? There’s Nothing quite like a fat glob of burning hot rosin falling on your lap! Lol, if you don’t mind me ask t how do you mostly consume your cannabis Shed?

Vicariously! Oh, and topically as well.

Well then, though I’m not sure the reasons why you use yours topically maybe I can ask you. My wife has a really bad back. I’ve bought her some topicals before but they don’t seem to do much for pain. Do you use it to treat pain? If so help a brotha out with a recipe!

Well then, though I’m not sure the reasons why you use yours topically maybe I can ask you. My wife has a really bad back. I’ve bought her some topicals before but they don’t seem to do much for pain. Do you use it to treat pain? If so help a brotha out with a recipe!
I use it for migraine pain, lower back pain, my wife's lower back and big toe arthritis pain...

The reasons what you buy probably isn't working could be many and I'm going to give my opinion as to why (anyone who disagrees, feel free to @me and we can talk science!) and what to do about them:
1. Not high enough cannabinoids in mg/ml
2. Wrong kind of oil, i.e. not most absorbable
3. Additives to make it thicker at room temperature which inhibits absorption
4. Applied to the incorrect areas on the skin

Let's take those one at a time:
1. The bottom limit on THC should be in the 15mg/ml range from personal experience. Some folks are finding pain relief with CBD oil rubs but the data on that is limited so far on strength.
2. Using oils like pumpkin seed and grapeseed (et al.) will enable the oil to penetrate the skin much better than other oils. They also leave less of a mess on your clothes and sheets.
3. Adding anything to make it more solid at room temperature (like beeswax or soy wax) will leave more of the substance on your skin, and therefore less IN your skin.
4. The reason that you will not get high or test positive for THC in your blood after topicals is because they are not absorbed into the bloodstream (assuming you are not using transdermal patches). They will only target the nerve endings in and just below the skin. Therefore they tend to work better on fingers and toes (where the skin is thin) and worse on lower backs and hips where the pain is much deeper.

In those (and all cases actually), the place to rub oil (besides where it hurts because who doesn't like a massage!) is where the top of the spine meet the cervical vertebrae. That is the point on the body where most of the neurons are coming together to enter the brain, are close to the surface, and are also unmyelinated. This is called the Medial Dorsal Rami. Unmyelinated neurons do not have the protective sheath on them and are therefore more receptive to the cannabinoids in the oil.

More info than you expected?

The recipe is buds and oil in the MB machine after decarb. 8 hours @ 160º. That's all there is to it!

Actually no that’s exactly the type of response I expected from you! Thank you for that because you are right it’s probably a combinatination of a few, but could possibly all of those things.
I’ve never tried to make something I can’t smoke or eat so this will be a new adventure! I will try a different one of the oils you suggested and bump up the amount of cannabis to try and make it stronger. See what happens! You go the extra mile,Thanks shed I really appreciate it!

I use it for migraine pain, lower back pain, my wife's lower back and big toe arthritis pain...

The reasons what you buy probably isn't working could be many and I'm going to give my opinion as to why (anyone who disagrees, feel free to @me and we can talk science!) and what to do about them:
1. Not high enough cannabinoids in mg/ml
2. Wrong kind of oil, i.e. not most absorbable
3. Additives to make it thicker at room temperature which inhibits absorption
4. Applied to the incorrect areas on the skin

Let's take those one at a time:
1. The bottom limit on THC should be in the 15mg/ml range from personal experience. Some folks are finding pain relief with CBD oil rubs but the data on that is limited so far on strength.
2. Using oils like pumpkin seed and grapeseed (et al.) will enable the oil to penetrate the skin much better than other oils. They also leave less of a mess on your clothes and sheets.
3. Adding anything to make it more solid at room temperature (like beeswax or soy wax) will leave more of the substance on your skin, and therefore less IN your skin.
4. The reason that you will not get high or test positive for THC in your blood after topicals is because they are not absorbed into the bloodstream (assuming you are not using transdermal patches). They will only target the nerve endings in and just below the skin. Therefore they tend to work better on fingers and toes (where the skin is thin) and worse on lower backs and hips where the pain is much deeper.

In those (and all cases actually), the place to rub oil (besides where it hurts because who doesn't like a massage!) is where the top of the spine meet the cervical vertebrae. That is the point on the body where most of the neurons are coming together to enter the brain, are close to the surface, and are also unmyelinated. This is called the Medial Dorsal Rami. Unmyelinated neurons do not have the protective sheath on them and are therefore more receptive to the cannabinoids in the oil.

More info than you expected?

The recipe is buds and oil in the MB machine after decarb. 8 hours @ 160º. That's all there is to it!

So, I can just decarb and infuse in grapeseed or pumpkinseed oil on stovetop at 160 for 8+ hrs just like when I make oil for edibles?

You can use it for edibles as well! Part of the beauty of my "recipe."
I guess that is where the 160 came from that I use. Oddly enough my stove, every burner on it's lowest setting will keep oil at 165 in a double boiler as long as you keep water in it.

Where did you get the 160 temp, why not 155, or 170?

Lol right on, its The second time I’ve smoked the rose petal joints. I did enjoy it though I must say. These are my new favorite types of joints tho. Rolling cones, melting and brushing rosin on the papers and dusting them in dry sift. Because why not right? Make sure the oil is thin so it burns and not just melts and drops off
How do you produce rosin?

I've plenty o keif.

160º is what the MB machine has as its temp. I'm sure they did the research but I also think in Sue's decarb thread and oil thread the number was close to that as well. Don't remember the reasoning.
Prob the voodoo pt were #of turps/thc conversion = bestest. Because.

How do you produce rosin?

I've plenty o keif.

People use a few different types of equipment but they all pretty much do the same thing which is to apply heat and pressure. I’ve seen people use hair straighteners (cheapest option) I’ve seen people build 20 ton shop press ones (overkill unless you plan on squishing an ounce at a time) or like me you have a 1 ton arbor press from harbor freight. You can buy heat plates to attach to it and your ready to squish.
You can press buds or keif, if you press keif I would recommend getting some micron pressing screens. It takes a lil time to dial it in and find a temp that works best and for how long you press it. For now I like low and slow. I set mine to 180 degrees and press it for up to 75 seconds. Here is a pic of what I have and what the finished product looks like.

Attachments

• BE578999-728B-40D2-8DE6-02D5D2F6AB9C.jpeg
    BE578999-728B-40D2-8DE6-02D5D2F6AB9C.jpeg
    397.3 KB · Views: 51
  • 2F3E81D4-B9BE-4830-9188-E526457F1E77.jpeg
    2F3E81D4-B9BE-4830-9188-E526457F1E77.jpeg
    413.2 KB · Views: 57
  • 6A020D03-4A7F-4C77-A93A-12B78C83C4FF.jpeg
    6A020D03-4A7F-4C77-A93A-12B78C83C4FF.jpeg
    400.5 KB · Views: 62
  • 5E1F0E62-4DCD-4951-AFB4-B7908B73F0AF.png
    5E1F0E62-4DCD-4951-AFB4-B7908B73F0AF.png
    1 MB · Views: 60
  • 3B710BF8-EF45-482B-9F09-E852E2D56925.jpeg
    3B710BF8-EF45-482B-9F09-E852E2D56925.jpeg
    407.8 KB · Views: 55
People use a few different types of equipment but they all pretty much do the same thing which is to apply heat and pressure. I’ve seen people use hair straighteners (cheapest option) I’ve seen people build 20 ton shop press ones (overkill unless you plan on squishing an ounce at a time) or like me you have a 1 ton arbor press from harbor freight. You can buy heat plates to attach to it and your ready to squish.
You can press buds or keif, if you press keif I would recommend getting some micron pressing screens. It takes a lil time to dial it in and find a temp that works best and for how long you press it. For now I like low and slow. I set mine to 180 degrees and press it for up to 75 seconds. Here is a pic of what I have and what the finished product looks like.
Wow. I need to get on this asap.

Back
Top Bottom