LED or HPS? New grower looking for advice

LED was my choice for energy consumption and lower heat. I think lighting is based on many factors, and some are a personal choice. If my temps are too low, I plan to offset with a thermostat connected to a heat mat. But you can't go wrong either way.

Hello 420 mag!
I'm new to the forums and looking for some advice on my future grow setup.

I'm from the great white north(Canada lol) where marijuana will soon be LEGAL!
At least within the next year roughly - our government promised it would be legal by July 1st, 2018 or sooner.

I have outdoor grow experience over the last few summers but no indoor experience.

What would you all recommend for an ideal indoor setup?
(We will be allowed 4 plants per household growing at any one time)

I was thinking a 4x4x7 grow tent.
Soil based grow unless coco is easier for a beginner ?
I'm torn on what light setup to use ... I can't decide between LED or HPS!?

I was doing research on the forums - I was thinking a 600w LED or a simple 400w MH/HPS ....

Anyone have experience with these lights and their performance ? Would they be good enough to cover 4 plants in a 4x4 or would I need two of each LED for that?

I am in the same situation. After enough reading and research I have decided to go with COB led's. I am lazy so I wont build them myself and have chosen to go through Timber Grow and get their framed COB 400 watt Vero29 V7. I might also buy the 200 watt for veg, these lights are the Cree chips. A bit pricey compared to HID but less than the higher end LED's with less of the fancier options. These COBs dont have fans but use passive cooling, so less things to fail. Hear lots of good things about them so we will see.

Back
Top Bottom