LED - High Brix - C'99 - CBD Shark Shock - Afgooey

Simply perfect, not much more to say,, not a flaw to be seen,, :goodjob::high-five::Namaste:

Hey everyone,

I'm a week away from flipping the lights. I got some 10 gallon fabric pots so I'll be upcanning at switch.

I just recently realised I should of had both the switches on my lights turned on after the plants passed the seedling stage to take advantage of some extra kW/hrs :loopy:

I've been using 2.5ml of brix to 75ml of water for all 3 plants. Seems to give good coverage at this stage. Destress is mixed at 1.25ml/75ml.

Waterings tend to use about 6 litres. I'm currently alternating waterings with 1.4ml of transplant or 5ml growth energy/.5ml tea.

Haven't defoliated at all this week. Environment had been stable and the plants look to be loving Doc's high brix mix :high-five:

Afgooey:
IMG_20160130_163225.jpg

CBD shark shock:
IMG_20160130_163317.jpg

C'99:
IMG_20160130_163357.jpg

looking great in here!! :)

I agree! Absolutely gorgeous training! :thumb:

But ... 1.4ml Transplant against 5ml Energy? They should be equal concentrations. As a matter of fact, I've decided that I'm not using a high enough dose of Transplant myself. :cheesygrinsmiley: I double-dosed (1.5ml per soil gallon) two plants that were fading hard in bloom and they straightened right out. I typically go all Energy after the Cat drench, so all the Trans feedings are pre-bloom. I'm going to go heavier with the Transplant leading up to flip, and the feed before Cat if it schedules that way.

You're going to end up with some elegant plants. :love:

Ok - I'm jealous. Your training is a work of art.

I agree! Absolutely gorgeous training! :thumb:

But ... 1.4ml Transplant against 5ml Energy? They should be equal concentrations. As a matter of fact, I've decided that I'm not using a high enough dose of Transplant myself. :cheesygrinsmiley: I double-dosed (1.5ml per soil gallon) two plants that were fading hard in bloom and they straightened right out. I typically go all Energy after the Cat drench, so all the Trans feedings are pre-bloom. I'm going to go heavier with the Transplant leading up to flip, and the feed before Cat if it schedules that way.

You're going to end up with some elegant plants. :love:

Thanks for the feedback Graytail. Just when I'm beginning to think I understand what I'm doing :p

The 1.4ml is the 1/4 strength dose of transplant for each and every watering I've seen recommended for a 7 gallon container.
Right now my waterings are alternating between:

1.4ml of transplant, 5ml growth energy, .5ml tea/6 litres of water

And

1.4ml transplant/ 6 litres of water

Per plant.

This is incorrect?

So, for a regular Transplant drench you use the same 5ml as you do for the GE, correct?

Thanks Pita,

I've never done a Transplant drench in veg besides the heavier dose of Transplant when watering during upcanning. I've been giving 1/4 strength Transplant with every watering. The only time I won't is the upcoming Cationic drench as it already has Transplant in that product from what I've read..

After reading through the "in the lab" and "high brix q/a" threads, maxyields feed schedule and mystery seeds blog post this is the feed schedule I've created and updated as I've progressed:

Baseline Feed Schedule (per plant)

- 1 Gallon Seedling -

.2 ml Transplant / 1100 ml water

Until you get 5 sets of leaves.

*Let medium go completely dry between waterings.

- 1 Gallon Veg w/ Drenches and Foliars -

Alternate between:

1 mL Growth Energy + 0.1 mL Tea + .2 ml Transplant / 1100 ml water

And

.2 ml Transplant /1100 ml water

Foliar (On different days):
Brix every 7 days (1 ml Brix / 30 ml water)
De-Stress every 10 days (.5 ml De-Stress / 30 ml water)

- 1-7 Gallon Upcanning -

Moisten new medium with 1/2 oz Transplant / 1 gallon of water

- 7 Gallon Veg -

Alternate between:

5.0 ml Growth Energy + 0.5 ml Tea + 1.4 ml Transplant / 6000 ml water

And

1.4 ml Transplant / 6000 ml water

*Switch to flowering

- 7-10 Gallon Upcanning -

- 10 Gallon Early Bloom Stretch -

Alternate between:

10 ml Growth Energy + 1 ml Tea + 2 ml Transplant / 8500 ml water

And

2 ml Transplant / 8500 ml water

Brix every 7 days (2 ml Brix / 60 ml water)
De-Stress every 10 days (1 ml De-Stress / 60 ml water)

* For the first 4 weeks of bloom, water just enough to keep the medium moist, not wet. After about 4 weeks of this the roots are circling the bottom of the container and you can afford to give them a good soaking.

* 3 weeks after light period switch scratch Recharge into medium surface. Water.

* From weeks 5 to finish, alternate between deep soakings and gallon top-offs. The last 2 or 3 weeks top off with just enough to keep the medium slightly moist.

- 10 Gallon Bud Setting -

* 2 Cat drenches in a row.

10 ml Cationic Root Drench + 1 ml Tea / 8500 ml water

* Followed by alternate feedings of:

10 mL Growth Energy + 1 mL Tea + 2ml Transplant / 8500 ml water

And

Brix every 7 days (4 ml Brix / 120 ml water)
De-Stress every 10 days (2 ml De-Stress / 120 ml water)

* At this point you should be watering when the pot is light but the medium is still damp. Do not let it dry out for the rest of bloom.

- 10 Gallon Flower and Bud Swell -

Alternate between:

7.5 ml Growth Energy + 0.75 mL Tea + 2ml Transplant / 8500 ml water

And

* At this point you should be watering when the pot is light but the medium is still damp. Do not let it dry out for the rest of bloom.

Thanks for the input! :high-five:

I can't argue with your results and it might explain some things. :high-five:
I've alternated them, even in veg: GE drench > 1/4 Trans water > Transplant drench > 1/4 Trans water > repeat

That's the crazy thing about the kit. The soil, once activated with biota, pretty much stands on its own - the foliars and drenches are mostly enhancers and manipulators.

Yes, the instructions are to alternate Energy/Tea and Transplant/Tea at equal dosages, with 1/4 strength Trans/water in between, but your method seems to have been enough for some perfectly healthy growth. :slide:

Feed schedules have been the most maddening part of the high brix journey for me so far. Seems like everyone is doing something different but still getting great results. It's a experimental learning process for sure, it'll just keep getting better!

I've quickly glanced over a few members adding epsom salts in bloom as well, I need to start reading more about that.

*Here's an updated schedule as per Doc's instructions that alternates Growth Energy and Transplant drenches in bloom w/ the additional 1/4 strength Transplant. Ill be using this for the time being:

Baseline Feed Schedule (per plant)

- 1 Gallon Seedling -

.2 ml Transplant / 1100 ml water

Until you get 5 sets of leaves.

- 1 Gallon Veg w/ Drenches and Foliars -

Alternate between:

1 mL Growth Energy + 0.1 mL Tea + .2 ml Transplant / 1100 ml water

-

.2 ml Transplant /1100 ml water

- 1-7 Gallon Upcanning -

- 7 Gallon Veg -

Alternate between:

5.0 ml Growth Energy + 0.5 ml Tea + 1.4 ml Transplant / 6000 ml water

-

1.4 ml Transplant / 6000 ml water

*Switch to flowering

- 7-10 Gallon Upcanning -

- 10 Gallon Early Bloom Stretch -

Alternate between:

10 ml Growth Energy + 1 ml Tea + 2 ml Transplant / 8500 ml water

-

-

12 ml Transplant + 1 ml Tea / 8500 ml water

-

Brix every 7 days (2 ml Brix / 60 ml water)
De-Stress every 10 days (1 ml De-Stress / 60 ml water)

* For the first 4 weeks of bloom, water just enough to keep the medium moist, not wet. After about 4 weeks of this the roots are circling the bottom of the container and you can afford to give them a good soaking.

* 3 weeks after light period switch scratch Recharge into medium surface. Water.

- 10 Gallon Bud Setting -

* 2 Cat drenches in a row.

-

* Followed by alternate feedings of:

-

10 mL Growth Energy + 1 mL Tea + 2ml Transplant / 8500 ml water

-

-

12 mL Transplant + 1 mL Tea / 8500 ml water

* From weeks 5 to finish, alternate between deep soakings and gallon top-offs. The last 2 or 3 weeks top off with just enough to keep the medium slightly moist.

- 10 Gallon Flower and Bud Swell -

Alternate between:

7.5 ml Growth Energy + 0.75 mL Tea + 2ml Transplant / 8500 ml water

-

-

9.5 ml Transplant + 0.75 mL Tea / 8500 ml water

-

That's one of the hard things trying to direct folks on the DBHBB. The fact some people may put the high end of ewc and their plants may be a bit smaller and their area is 5 degrees warmer so their plants' metabolism is higher, etc,. Not to mention the metabolic rate in their soil. There are simply too many intangibles to nail it down...or "laminate it" like in a recent TV commercial...lmao.

Get a feel for it and listen to your plants, figuratively... and literally, if that's what it takes to understand what they need. For instance, I upcanned my current plants a bit earlier than I normally would to sex them, and they just don't drink all their soup as fast as I'm used to...but they're still doing great. ;)

@Birdhouse-
I looked over all my notes and copies of instructions. I did NOT find anything about drenching in veg with Transplant.
Finally, I found a piece copied and pasted from one of Doc's posts. It said he prefered to alternate them as I described, but others don't do it with equal success. I've also seen it mentioned by other "long-time brixers". But you are correct, as far as I can see. The instructions do not recommend, or even mention it.

@Birdhouse-
I looked over all my notes and copies of instructions. I did NOT find anything about drenching in veg with Transplant.
Finally, I found a piece copied and pasted from one of Doc's posts. It said he prefered to alternate them as I described, but others don't do it with equal success. I've also seen it mentioned by other "long-time brixers". But you are correct, as far as I can see. The instructions do not recommend, or even mention it.

I'll have to try alternating drenches through both veg and bloom next time around :high-five:

It seems to me it is somewhat strain dependant. I treated my Bubblegummer differently than my OG's and Sativas another way. OG's love heavy transplant drenches..

The volume of the HB soil plays a huge role in how the plant responds/reacts.
I found smaller containers need less concentration of Doc's Kit ingredients(drenches and foliars)...less soil, less roots, etc...and then needs more frequent feedings because of the same restrictions.

I spin my Kit's 'Roulette Wheel of What If' almost every grow. :) Fun!!-- and Amazing produce every time..

Hey guys,

Today is going to be the first day of 12/12, day 69 from seed.

I upcanned from 7 to 10 gallon fabric pots this morning. New medium was moistened with about 2 litres of water per pot at a ratio of 1/2oz trans/gallon of water. I topped it up with medium and then watered each plant again with 4 litres of water mixed with 5ml GE/.5ml Tea/1ml Trans.

Brix foliar was also applied at 3ml/90ml to cover all the plants.

IMG_20160205_111922.jpg

WOW!!! I kind of ignored this journal... my mistake. You are killing it bud. Such beautiful plants.

+ reps

Some of the most beautifully trained plants I've seen! Gorgeous! :bravo:

Back
Top Bottom