Jon's First New Digs Grow

Hi guys. After my seemingly endless moving experience and all related bullshit (which I’ve learned never actually ends, lol) I am ready to get back to it, at least in limited fashion. I had gargantuan plans for this grow, but alas, they were not meant to be. Instead that happens in the spring. For now, I can at least present a little transition grow, which brings us to here.

First, some personal thoughts. This period of time of not growing, for the first time since I started, was killing me. I hate not growing. It was on my mind every day. It may truly be an addiction for me, and I know I am not alone. What I can say is that literally the moment I dropped the seeds into a glass of water, I began to feel better. Less stressed. More relaxed. Life has begun again.

So here’s the skinny on the grow.

Strain: Watermelon Wedding Cake XXL Autoflower
Genetics: Watermelon Zkittlez X Wedding Cake
Breeder: Growers Choice
Pot Size: One 7-gallon and one 5-gallon
Medium: Amended organic soil (FFOF base) in upper part of pots, California Super Soil in lower part of pots
Amendments: EWC, Kelp Me Kelp You, Wholly Mackerel, Bokashi, Frass, Coco, perlite, Bat Guano, Great White
Space Size: approximately 3’6” x 3’6”
Light: 420h

Since I am unable to use my huge garage space until the spring, I was forced to get a little creative. So I set up my space in my secondary room upstairs, right off my bedroom. I utilized the existing window well, blacked out the window and space as shown below, set up the light and such, and started mixing soil. That was right after I got here-ish, and the soil has been “percolating” since then.

Here you can see the grow space, the nutes table setup, and the strain. These photos are taken from the couch opposite the grow space.

I dropped the seeds in water two days ago. 24 hours later I transferred them to the tried and true paper towels, and this morning I planted the sprouts in both pots. Unlike many, that is when I turn on my light. I believe the sprout can “see” or “feel” it, and it helps them come up effectively. Silly? Perhaps. So I’m calling today Day Zero. Day One will be when they sprout.

The WWC is my favorite plant to grow and the one I’ve grown the most. In my experience it is the most dependable and consistent auto genetic I’ve found. However, this is the first run with organics. I know what I may be looking at in a 5 and a 7, and I will end up turning the light up and lowering the pots from what you see above. At the moment the light is around 50% power and the sprouts will see their first light at 550 ppfd, my preferred starting point in terms of light level. I am going to train both the same way, which is into a ten cola plant. I will use only the first four nodes and the two I’ll get from topping above node four. Easy peasy. No fireworks or experiments or competitions or bullshit. Just hopefully solid growing and I’ll display each step I take for what it’s worth.

Good to be back guys. I didn’t tag anyone as instead I just attached this to the last journal, still open. That way I forget nobody. Lol. Thanks for your interest and for stopping by.

t may truly be an addiction for me, and I know I am not alone. What I can say is that literally the moment I dropped the seeds into a glass of water, I began to feel better. Less stressed. More relaxed. Life has begun again.
I really don't think that people should see this as an addiction. Addiction is inherently negative because the "whatever" owns you. With growing, it is a compulsion. A life generating compulsion! It's a nurturing experience.

I really don't think that people should see this as an addiction. Addiction is inherently negative because the "whatever" owns you. With growing, it is a compulsion. A life generating compulsion! It's a nurturing experience.
A valid argument, for sure. I take the let’s be honest with ourselves approach. It’s not the easiest thing in the world, and many don’t even bother. I choose to. And I choose my words carefully. I stated what it is to me. I know myself well, and if nothing else I am most definitely in the addict realm. Thankfully, for a long time now, it has been healthy addictions. Like growing. I have no problem applying the word to myself, at least in this regard. And you’ll have to trust me when I tell you I have more than earned the right. All that gobbledygook aside, I completely understand your point, and if that’s where you land more power to you. Whatever works. And thanks for a philosophical blast right from the get go. lol.

Hey its great to see you set up and running :thumb:
I'm happy for you Buddy :high-five:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

A valid argument, for sure. I take the let’s be honest with ourselves approach. It’s not the easiest thing in the world, and many don’t even bother. I choose to. And I choose my words carefully. I stated what it is to me. I know myself well, and if nothing else I am most definitely in the addict realm. Thankfully, for a long time now, it has been healthy addictions. Like growing. I have no problem applying the word to myself, at least in this regard. And you’ll have to trust me when I tell you I have more than earned the right. All that gobbledygook aside, I completely understand your point, and if that’s where you land more power to you. Whatever works. And thanks for a philosophical blast right from the get go. lol.
Yes sorry, I fell into this with gusto. My bad!!! I got so excited to see a new @Jon grow, I nearly wet myself! 😜

So Watermelon Wedding Cake and Double Grape yum yum. A new home. A new grow space and hopefully a new lease on life! :woohoo:

Hi guys. After my seemingly endless moving experience and all related bullshit (which I’ve learned never actually ends, lol) I am ready to get back to it, at least in limited fashion. I had gargantuan plans for this grow, but alas, they were not meant to be. Instead that happens in the spring. For now, I can at least present a little transition grow, which brings us to here.

First, some personal thoughts. This period of time of not growing, for the first time since I started, was killing me. I hate not growing. It was on my mind every day. It may truly be an addiction for me, and I know I am not alone. What I can say is that literally the moment I dropped the seeds into a glass of water, I began to feel better. Less stressed. More relaxed. Life has begun again.

Medium: Amended organic soil (FFOF base) in upper part of pots, California Super Soil in lower part of pots
Amendments: EWC, Kelp Me Kelp You, Wholly Mackerel, Bokashi, Frass, Coco, perlite, Bat Guano, Great White

Since I am unable to use my huge garage space until the spring, I was forced to get a little creative. So I set up my space in my secondary room upstairs, right off my bedroom. I utilized the existing window well, blacked out the window and space as shown below, set up the light and such, and started mixing soil. That was right after I got here-ish, and the soil has been “percolating” since then.

Here you can see the grow space, the nutes table setup, and the strain. These photos are taken from the couch opposite the grow space.

I dropped the seeds in water two days ago. 24 hours later I transferred them to the tried and true paper towels, and this morning I planted the sprouts in both pots. Unlike many, that is when I turn on my light. I believe the sprout can “see” or “feel” it, and it helps them come up effectively. Silly? Perhaps. So I’m calling today Day Zero. Day One will be when they sprout.

The WWC is my favorite plant to grow and the one I’ve grown the most. In my experience it is the most dependable and consistent auto genetic I’ve found. However, this is the first run with organics. I know what I may be looking at in a 5 and a 7, and I will end up turning the light up and lowering the pots from what you see above. At the moment the light is around 50% power and the sprouts will see their first light at 550 ppfd, my preferred starting point in terms of light level. I am going to train both the same way, which is into a ten cola plant. I will use only the first four nodes and the two I’ll get from topping above node four. Easy peasy. No fireworks or experiments or competitions or bullshit. Just hopefully solid growing and I’ll display each step I take for what it’s worth.

Good to be back guys. I didn’t tag anyone as instead I just attached this to the last journal, still open. That way I forget nobody. Lol. Thanks for your interest and for stopping by.
Glad to see you up & running again Jon (even though the original plan has been delayed) did you buy snow shovels yet Lol!

Aww shit, I didn't get tagged Jon
New test for you - I'll bet you can't get 25g/L of bud in coco
I do 😎
I see the weather is a bit freaky over there, stay safe dude

I slowed down to ninety and re-read the intro!
Yes sorry, I fell into this with gusto. My bad!!! I got so excited to see a new @Jon grow, I nearly wet myself! 😜

So Watermelon Wedding Cake and Double Grape yum yum. A new home. A new grow space and hopefully a new lease on life! :woohoo:
And here I go again...
are you growing 2 wedding cakes or one wedding cake & a double grape Carmen mentioned a Double Grape but didn't see it mentioned at the begining
I've conflated conversations. I'm mistaken. Sorry.

Back
Top Bottom