ItsChrome - Reborn - Hempy + CFL - WW - Blueberry - Twilight - Mekong High

ItsChrome

Welcome friends to my 4th Journal and my most exciting thus far.

When I first started my goal was to show that you can grow simply and cheaply. while working with a very limited budget I have had several successful grows. Some more than others but never failing to produce really great smoke while not breaking the bank.

Since my first days growing in $1 store soil and using random cheap nutes, including poinsettia food as blume nutes. All the way to my current setup I have been constantly evolving my grow space and style. This is will be the culmination of all that growth and evolution. I set fourth today with the goal of pushing my current setup to its limits.

The setup is as follows
Nutes: Technaflora Recipe for success
Medium: 3.5 gallon hempy buckets, Perlite only
Lights: Mostly 23watt GE CFL's. 6500k for Veg/ 2700k for Bloom
Strains: White Widow, Blueberry, Twilight, Mekong High
Grow space. 38 inches x 38 inches x 4.5 feet
Technics: LST and Topping
starters: Peat pellets

I hope you all can join me on this adventure and please dont feel free to ask me any questions or add your input.

re: ItsChrome: Reborn> Hempy + CFL - WW/Blueberry/Twilight/Mekong High

Germination Day 1:

A quick breakdown of my grow space:
IMG00069-20110103-2314.jpg

IMG00078-20110104-0049.jpg

As you can see I have two chambers. The bottom one will be for vegging clones in the future and the top is for flowering. the light rig is adjustable. The closet will also be getting a fresh coat of white paint next week.

The Seeds:

I must have been a very good boy last year as Santa was ever so kind to me. He brought me several wonderful strains. Out of which I will be growing the following:

IMG00144-20110123-1833.jpg

Dutch Passion White Widow Feminized
Sex : Feminized
Type : Indica, Sativa, Indica / Sativa, Mostly sativa
Flowering : Photoperiod
Genetics : Indian / Brazilian
Flowering Time : Medium
Outdoor Harvest : October
Height : Medium
THC Level : 18.9%
Characteristics : The plants are white of THC-glands, even on big parts of the fan leaves. A very soft smoke and great “High”.

Dutch Passion Blueberry Feminized
Type : Indica, Sativa, Indica / Sativa, Mostly indica
Genetics : Blueberry
Flowering Time : Long
Outdoor Harvest : October
THC Level : 19.5%
Characteristics : Fruity aroma, taste of Blueberry

Dutch Passion Twilight Feminized
Type : Indica
Genetics : 100% Indica
Outdoor Harvest : September/October
Height :
THC Level : Medium
Characteristics : A beautiful purple variety with high yields and Afghan taste. Heavy buds and high.

Dutch Passion Mekong High
Type : Sativa, Mostly indica
Genetics : Laos/Vietnam
Outdoor Harvest : 2nd week October
THC Level :
Characteristics : Feel Good & Smiley sativa stone

I just finished placing the seeds into a Paper towel I had dampen with warm water. Once the seed is folded into the paper towel They are placed into a zip lock bag. Which is then placed into a warm dark location.

IMG00145-20110123-1841.jpg

I placed the seed bags in with them as identification.

Re: ItsChrome: Reborn> Hempy + CFL - WW/Blueberry/Twilight/Mekong High

Sounds very interesting I'm in as you are doing some of the things I want to do.

Germination Day 2:

Check on the seeds and of course non are cracked yet as its been under 24 hours. How ever they are all showing a bit of swelling in all of them.

Glad to have you guys on board! PBRMJ if you have any question feel free to ask.

I will have lots of questions along the way I'm sure. I'm thinking of using all perlite with OC+ and Dyna gro Pro-Tekt anything I may need that would suggest.

Germination Day 2:

Good news everybody! Peeked in on the ladies and we have confirmed cracking and tap root sightings on the Mekong High and blueberry. The white widow and twilight both look very close to cracking as well!

PBRMJ: Sounds good to me! a lot of people really enjoy the results with Hempy + OC+. I like to have a touch more control over things than that my self but from what I know of similar setups your on your way!

lil stinker 420: Great to have you aboard!

You had me at Mekong High! :high-five:

I'll be watchin' this one for sure Chrome!! :rollit:

:D have you grown or smoked Mekong High before? I'm really excited to be trying this it sounds so wonderful.

:D have you grown or smoked Mekong High before? I'm really excited to be trying this it sounds so wonderful.
No but it's on my to do list. I've always been a big fan of the Thai strains. I remember the good ol days of getting these sticks of Chocolate Thai and the Mekong looks just like it.
I like your choices a lot! They got me thinking about doing a multi strain grow based on regions and try to cover the Middle East, Asia, and The Americas in one grow
Kind of an Around The World in 80 days show with cannabis :)

thatd be a good show bandit

chrome you gonna make any videos of this grow and gratz on the roots startin

Germination Day 3:

So I checked the gals again and the white widow is now showing as well! Yay! Twilight still has yet to cracked but she is about to burst I just know it!

I'm there might be a few video's. At very least I will repost the ones from last grow.

Germination Day 3:

Stopped by the hydro shop after work today as I need some peat pellets and impulse bought a new starter/cloning dome!! Ok yes they had smaller ones, but come on! Look at it! its like the Rolls Royce of domes here. :laughtwo:
IMG00149-20110125-2040.jpg

Its got some sweet vents to help regulate humidity, I have two liners one for peat pellets and one for the clones. Its perfect. and so shiny!

Also checked in on the ladies again, still nothing from twilight. Will give her as long as she need. One mustn't rush things after all. How ever tap root on twilight or not the other three gals will me moved into the new home tomorrow! :party:

Velodrone! great to have you here buddy!

Hey Chrome! I'm in. Hope this goes waaaaaay better than the last one.... good luck!

Germination Day 4:

Still no tap root on twilight. Its really both sad and angering. Mostly because the seed is of considerate value to not have it produce is quit frustrating. So I will be moving on to an other plan. I will be cracking several bag seeds in case she does in fact not take root. I do not want to crack another of my good seeds as I do not want to run the risk of having to many plants and needing to abort one.

BlueDog: You and me both brother. though i assure you it will. :) last round was 60% just junk genetics and 40% me not doing my best.

Germination Day 4:

Well I placed the sprouts in to peat pellets and moved them into the dome. Still no signs of life from the twilight but I placed her in some peat any ways. its not like its going to hurt any thing, if she grows she grows if not... Well I'll spare you the profanity but lets say I'll be sad.

To fill the void I am cracking three bag seeds one might be a BK from two grows back, one is a straight mystery and the other is an other BB from last grow.

Back
Top Bottom