Itching to harvest & aphids

Buds are drying right now.
Got some new sprouts appearing from seed I planted a few days ago.
Would it do any good to spray with some Spinosad before I see aphid. Like when the plants are still growing (veg)?

BTW, I skipped the paper towel stage and the two up-pots and just stuck the seeds (after scraping them a little with a razor) in the final 3.5 Gal. pots and it seems to be working just peachy. Those cannabis seeds are hearty; they really want to live.

Buds are drying right now.
Got some new sprouts appearing from seed I planted a few days ago.
Would it do any good to spray with some Spinosad before I see aphid. Like when the plants are still growing (veg)?

BTW, I skipped the paper towel stage and the two up-pots and just stuck the seeds (after scraping them a little with a razor) in the final 3.5 Gal. pots and it seems to be working just peachy. Those cannabis seeds are hearty; they really want to live.

yes as a preventative it isnt going to hurt.
use neem from the start. every week give them a neem spray.
its best to use multiple organic pesticides alternating each week. that way the plant gets used to it early, and the bugs will be repelled from the plant to begin with.

try this.get some pyrethrum, spinosad and neem oil.
spray neem oil every weekend and use one of the other two mid week up until flowers start to develop.
at that point hopefully you can let it ride out, and if for some god forsaken reason you get bugs, you can spot treat it because you only have 6 weeks left to flower.

once the bug has already infested the plant. good luck trying to eradicate it without heavy pesticides. good chance by the time you even notice it its everywhere.

ounce of prevention is worth more type if shit

To answer about spinosad.

Look up "IPM"

Integrated Pest Management

It's part of growing indoors or should be. Everyone gets a pest or 4 eventually.

Some pest worse than others. Aphids are 1 of the worst right before harvest time.

They are hard to remove even dead.

So yes I spray spinosad @ 1tbs /gal filtered water 1x a week.

I do this as maintenance so I don't have to do it 3x a week for a month to get rid of mites. That's the idea behind IPM. Do it before you have issues.

Aphids btw - took a hike on someone and they were brought into the flower room by a hoo-man. Much like most pests do.

So cutting the grass and walking into the flower room with dirty clothes on is a recipe for pests. Same with gardening outdoors and clothes. I take a shower and change before indoor gardening.

Back
Top Bottom