Is it time to up-pot?

Chrisx510

So I did just finish this girls first dry soil cycle, so might be a problem from that possibly. I am leaning towards more likely towards having to up pot though.
A5AE46D8-751F-4E56-853D-1F1E209D1F8D.jpegF45CF4FE-E3FB-48B0-8A37-012384C62989.jpeg
I’ve done nothing but auto flowers before so only set seeds in there final home before, so was wondering if this yellowing leaf is a sign of having to up pot (I’ve heard). Pot sizes I’ve got on hand are 1 gallon fabric, 5 gallon fabric, and 7 gallon tall plastic. I’m organic grower and my heavy amended soil isn’t ready just yet, so I don’t really think I want to put her in the 7 gallon just yet. Unless you guys think her roots will hold up, the soils been sitting for just a little over a week now.

I don’t grow in soil but I have heard people say once u get to a foot a gallon it’s time to uppot, so if it’s in a gallon pot when it gets a foot tall it’s time, but like I said I’m inexperienced in soil

and i like to pot up when i see multiple roots at the bottom of the pot, you can always squish pot with fingers to loosen the pot from the roots and gently pull it out and see how your rhizo sphere (root structure) is!!!! rhizo means root.

lookin good other than that, and i would transplant those, and yea rule of thumb as well lots of ppl use is 1g per foot of biomass but if you train down using lst and topping, that doesnt work out very well

and i like to pot up when i see multiple roots at the bottom of the pot, you can always squish pot with fingers to loosen the pot from the roots and gently pull it out and see how your rhizo sphere (root structure) is!!!! rhizo means root.

Thank you guys I went ahead with the pot up on her, my first successful one! Put the same size pot in the soil before removing her from her pot. Put some Mykos in the base of hole, and dusted her roots with some Azos.
9AE15473-84DE-45FA-A6CC-B4AD751A1D6E.jpeg
C1071341-A75D-4EDE-9511-C2B87199283D.jpeg
CA0152C8-915F-4FCF-B6A6-457F02C2A443.jpeg
Edit: and she is topped

I was checking out this thread” the quad squad”a lot of info and pictures about quadlining, I’m gonna try it out when mine is ready
Yeah I heard about quadlining, but want to get a couple grows in first. I’ve only done light LST, this time around going to try out topping and HST with that chiropractic technique before I try out quadlining.

The yellowing is starting to move itself up a bit higher onto the third node now.
Day 1 I noticed
I re-potted into a 1 gallon pot with amended FFOF with natures pride and one shot. I also watered with 2 tsp of calmag+, and 2 tsp of fish emulsion per gallon of RO water. Also foliar sprayed with it.
Day three
The soil was drying again so watered with a compost tea I brewed with added fish emulsion and foliar sprayed with the tea.
Day four
Scratched in some shrimp meal (6-6-0). The pot hasn’t even really started drying out yet still pretty wet. Just letting the shrimp meal sit for a little while before adding a new brew of compost teas

Compost tea this time around is already brewing with 1 tbs urb, 1 tbs liquid kelp, 1 tbs molasses, 1 tbs alfalfa, 1 tbs kelp meal, tbs shrimp meal, 1 cup bu’s blend, 1.5 cup ewc per gallon of RO water

edit: I’m also getting some black spots at on my new growth
C75A5A35-DDE2-422E-BF14-5791AE3AEC9A.jpeg
Edit edit: I realized those black dots were a little raised and able to scratch them off so I think that was just from my foliar spray from the compost tea.

Attachments

• 9AD45168-A2CF-47D8-8EFC-9285E50D96AC.jpeg
    9AD45168-A2CF-47D8-8EFC-9285E50D96AC.jpeg
    701.1 KB · Views: 104
  • 5A5198CD-24D1-4AF5-B9FA-E2D8544B8C8C.jpeg
    5A5198CD-24D1-4AF5-B9FA-E2D8544B8C8C.jpeg
    620.5 KB · Views: 102
yo stop feeding dude, you cant just keep adding food and expect that to help. your over feeding.

Soil, especially well known like fox farm, is full of available/water soluble food for plants to eat right away as well as plenty of raw organic matter waiting for the microbes (workers) in the soil to break them down, mycorrhizae unlocks phosphorous for example.

Your soil should have plenty of food, i know it does so just be patient.

Just water with water at ph 6.7. water when lots are super light but not wilting, and water enough that the water comes out each drain hole in pot (watering to run off).

******* PLEASE ORDER A PPM PEN AND A PH PEN. With these 2 tools you will be able to know and adjust your soil conditions. then you only need to worry about your tent conditions:)

When the yellowing first started it was in the straight big roots soil. I know that soil is also pretty darn good and I was only watering with RO water that I was PH’ing to 6.4-6.6. It was in there for about 3 weeks with just water for the soil and kelp/water foliar. The FFOF its in right now was recycled from last grow that I flushed my last grow with I was assuming it was pretty low on nutrients because of that. So I amended with natures pride and one shot (half strength of both). I’ll stop scratching in nutrients and go for straight ro ph’d water and just use the tea for my outdoor grow.

edit: my main worry was with the teas when I tested for nitrogen it had very low nitrogen reading (with those little purple capsule things) but the P and K came up with a reading with the capsules but none with the nitrogen capsules.
E58D9DC3-9386-4F7B-9A65-FA9640CB7FFD.jpeg
left being the nitrogen should be reading a pink color if nitrogen was present. But again I don’t know how well these work with teas, but I would’ve at least thought you would get some kind of reading.

the whole idea with soil is to keep ppm no more than 2000.

The only way to know the strength and ph of food your plants eating is to test your run off with a ppm pen and a ph pen.

once you know bro you can do whatever you want accordingly! You cant experiment and have fun and learn until you get these 2 20$ pens

Should I run the same test I did with my teas on my soil? Do you know if those capsule things work with soil, or should I test the run off next time I water? I’ve got ph and tds pens Just those cheap ones from vivosun I’ll use them both on my next watering. Run off test shouldn’t be affected coming through a fabric pot right? I really want to get those blue lab pens and that trencher thing.

edit: sorry for all the dumb questions :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom