Is it ready?

johnnyappleseed

Hi all, is there a dedicated thread for " are we there yet"? I usually don't have trouble determining ripeness judging by Amber trichs. However, I was reading something on here last night about how this is an unreliable method since some plants will Amber early or late. Now I'm totally confused.

The post said something about waiting for the calyxes to fatten up. I usually look for this as well, the buds sort of fatten up right at the end and get puffy.

This is tonics web by purple caper. I'm seeing about 5% Amber on it. Maybe 10% in some spots. The calyxes look swollen to me but I was kind of waiting for them to thicken up. They seem a bit too airy to me.

PXL_20240628_135203246.jpg

PXL_20240628_135212946.jpg

PXL_20240628_135221881.jpg

PXL_20240628_135406572.jpg

PXL_20240628_135232401.jpg

PXL_20240628_135300083.jpg

PXL_20240628_135129630.jpg

PXL_20240628_135158297.jpg

Beautiful lady my friend :thumb:
When she is finished flowering and building for you her pistils will turn red and crinkle in.
As this is happening she will slowly st9p eating.
If she is still draining her pot she is still flowering and building for you.
If it's taking a week or more she is at the end.
How often are you feeding?

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Beautiful lady my friend :thumb:
When she is finished flowering and building for you her pistils will turn red and crinkle in.
As this is happening she will slowly st9p eating.
If she is still draining her pot she is still flowering and building for you.
If it's taking a week or more she is at the end.
How often are you feeding?

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
Thanks, I will incorporate this info. I can see the pistols have turned red but they're still pointing up and have not curled inward yet. She is also drinking a lot. I didn't think to look at that as well. I'm on a once per week feeding regimen and I water whenever the pot feels light, which is about 64 oz every 2-3 days. She's in a 6.5 gallon pot.

What a difference with good genetics. She was super easy to grow and tolerated a lot more than any other plan I've ever grown.

Thanks, I will incorporate this info. I can see the pistols have turned red but they're still pointing up and have not curled inward yet. She is also drinking a lot. I didn't think to look at that as well. I'm on a once per week feeding regimen and I water whenever the pot feels light, which is about 64 oz every 2-3 days. She's in a 6.5 gallon pot.

What a difference with good genetics. She was super easy to grow and tolerated a lot more than any other plan I've ever grown.
Patience my friend.
A beautiful lady like that needs to finish properly :thumb:
Keep an eye on the pot weight.
When she stops eating and all the pistils are crinkled in you will be rewarded.
Keep up the good work.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Back
Top Bottom