Renaissance Man

Hey everyone! Well I finally did it. I made it official and registered here. After 3 months of reading all of your journals, I have been inspired to join and become a part of the community.

This community reminds me of some that I've joined in the past when my interests have been piqued and I desired to learn more. I was a part of a BMW enthusiasts forum back in the early 2000's. I learned a lot about my E38, but more importantly about how shared interests create an even deeper sense of enlightenment.

Fast forward 15 years, and I found a new hobby of motorcycling. It started off with group rides through the canyons and in 5 years, ended up racing my R6 around southern California tracks. It was literally a fun ride while it lasted, but it consumed a lot of time away from my young, growing family.

Now here I am, a casual user of marijuana since the early 90's, but also many years of abstinence. My brother-in-law was given a couple of plants about a year ago and stuck in the ground and ignored it. Turned out, he got about 6-8 ounces of not bad outdoor weed. He said it was a Key Lime Pie strain. My interests were piqued again and now I'm in. Although I am in great condition, I am embracing this grow more because I deal with some upper back pain from sitting at a desk all day.

I don't have a lot of money to put towards this hobby, and fortunately, I think one can get away with minimal costs. Although like most hobbies, minimal costs often result in less that stellar results. But that's ok, I've always had the mindset of "do the best with what ya got" and my experience is that I've always been fairly successful with that. So I picked up a 2x4x5 tent with a generic 600w LED (I believe the coined phrase is "blurple"), a fan, and mister/humidifier. I also got two different nutrients. The first was what I used for veg and the beginning of flower called Recipe 420 that I picked up at the local nursery. However, I just got some Megacrop in the mail and carefully adding that in to close out this harvest.

Today, I have a bagseed labeled as Trainwreck auto, however, it appeared to be a photo since it did not flower until about day 85 when I flipped to 12/12. Now I am in day 30 of flower and am learning so much on the way. I've dealt with fungus gnats and spider mites so far, but successfully dealt with them and all seems well. I'm guessing there is about 30 more days of flower before harvest time.

I have two seeds that will be planted after this harvest, Six-Shooter Auto by FastBuds and Wedding Cake auto (can't remember from where as it is on the way)

This has been a nice break from the craziness of the world we live in. I don't want to use the word "escape" as I still follow politics regularly, but this has been a refreshing light to my world. I want to believe that we live in a better world than what I see and have hope for a bright future.

Sorry for the long-winded intro but wanted to throw some things out there because I love conversing with others, especially about shared interests. I am also into health, exercise, gardening (a little) and many other things. Jack of all Trades, Master of None. I look forward to getting to know many of you and to some, you have already reached celebrity status for me based on what I have read.

Renaissance Man aka Ren-man

Welcome Ren-man I hope you find all your looking for and enjoy your time here on the forum.
Thanks @Nev! I have no doubts that I will learn plenty and probably have some good Off-topic conversations as well.

Here is the Trainwreck that so far, is not a trainwreck!
WIN_20210730_15_05_38_Pro.jpg

That’s not looking so bad. It’s always good to get the first couple grows down then it gets a little easier on you. You did a nice job getting her spread out with the LST. They still have a good ways to go I would try to get the few taller colas down to where the lower ones are. Even out the canopy and you should get some good heavy uniform sized colas. She’s really looking goo.

That’s not looking so bad. It’s always good to get the first couple grows down then it gets a little easier on you. You did a nice job getting her spread out with the LST. They still have a good ways to go I would try to get the few taller colas down to where the lower ones are. Even out the canopy and you should get some good heavy uniform sized colas. She’s really looking goo.
I really tried to keep it even but I started the plant to the side of my pot because I wasn't planning on topping. Long story short, can you still train when it's flowering?

Wow! I'm sure we do, although I am more metaphorically. Not gonna lie, I thought someone just posted a picture of Gandolph on my post . But I do mean that with the utmost respect. I had a friend, years ago, that would be in these Renaissance battles. Those were serious events!

LOL I get that a lot, That or Santa Clause. :rofl: Renfaire's are fun. Haven't been to one in a while but, I loved it. I just couldn't resist. ;)

Welcome @Renaissance Man

I see you have one started growing; will you be starting a grow journal?

Also, after you have 50 post you can enter our contest and win free grow stuff.

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:

can you still train when it's flowering?
I would just lean those taller ones over looks like towards the middle with pipe cleaners then you can get that light down on them.

Welcome @Renaissance Man

I see you have one started growing; sill you be starting a grow journal?

Also, after you have 50 post you can enter our contest and win free grow stuff.

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:
Thanks Tok.. I wasn't planning on journaling for this first grow because I wanted to do a beginning to end journal so I'll wait about a month.
Congrats on your JOTM! I'm going to go check it out.

Free stuff is always great so I'm going to take a gander.

I would just lean those taller ones over looks like towards the middle with pipe cleaners then you can get that light down on them.
I'll be honest, I think I want to leave the taller ones as to not impede light over the smaller ones in the middle. It's totally an experiment but I think I'll leave those as they are.

Thanks Squiggle! I'm looking forward to the challenges and developing some new skills
You are at the right place then; you will never stop learning. Everything that you need to know is here. There's some extremely knowledgeable members and they are all willing to help out. Probably see you around

Take care

Squiggz

Back
Top Bottom