Indica God’s Gift From Seed, DWC, 1100W LED Actual, 5x5 Tent In Sealed 10x5 Room, CO2, Quadline: My First Personal Indoor!

ReservoirDog

7D54C133-A170-4ADE-B859-3BAB4ACBA802.jpeg

Whooboy. Look, Heisenberg, I been outta the game a long, long time and though I’ve worked at some hydrogrows (flood&drain SOG, bubbler cloner) and grew outdoors for approx. 8 seasons in the 90s, this is a big deal for me. For decades I’ve dreamt of having my own personal, legal, grow, and the moment has finally arrived. Besides, crystal meth is for chumps, chump!

I detailed the new equipment and the build out of the tent/system I’m about to use in a Build-Journal linked in my signature below. For purposes of reference and 3rd party problem-solving, here’s the 411 on this DWC Cherry-popping run!

Strain
The deets: Gods Gift. 90/10 Indica. Thought to be OG Kush and Gran Daddy Purp mix. THC 18-22% ish, though I’ve read up to 27%. CBD “low to moderate”. Flavour profile reported is sweet, citrus, berry mélange.

Growspace
Grow Equipment: 5x5x6.6 LumoX tent (Cdn co.) located in an old 5x10 insulated old addition to my even older house. This lung-room is sealed w/ expanding foam etc. and ventilated by 10” ceiling extraction fan with thermostat from Lowes, and is airtight when not running. Tent extraction includes 6” tent ducting, with system-sealing backdraft damper controlled by AC inf. T6 w/ advanced controller, that ends in dryer termination hardware outside. Room and tent both have filtered, ground level cool air intakes that can be sealed with timer during co2 deployment.

Enviro Controls

2x 20lb co2 tanks, regulator, Inkbird automatic controller and titan dispersal tubing. Also have a wine making station nearby that pipes it’s co2 into tent.
Heat, Rh, VWAP… while a AC Inf. will extract when extreme RH or heat present, it is for extremes and otherwise creating a steady negative pressure. Controlling finer levels in order to achieve and maintain targets is done by 2 Inkbird heat/cool and Humid/dehumidifier WIFI controllers. Inkbord Rh controls a hypersonic fogger and a sm. Dehumidifier. Inkbird temp controller controls a 9000btu AC unit in lung room and a small heat bulb used for baby chicks plugged into a power bar in the tent.

Reservoir Temps
DWC reservoirs each have enderneath them a graphite heating element (for fish/reptile tanks) that will turn on if water temp goes too low. My Pymmeter controller has two heat probes and can control two heaters independently. I do not have any cooling planned for these reservoirs outside of having insulated and covered with reflective material, using frozen pop bottles as needed and using large 27 gallon tanks to keep ph and temps as stable as possible without going rDWC.

I haven’t committed long term to DWC yet and don’t want to spend the bread on chillers and connection hardware just yet. I’m launching more plants in 4 weeks (got my legal license to grow a few dozen now) and these will be in a SIP of my own design - so I’m experimenting.

Water
We have very soft water and after recent upgrades the lowest chlorine and chloramine levels in the country. My tap water EC is 0.0 and PPMs 10, sometimes 20. Thus, I’m using my tap water unless seeds/seedlings involved.

Nutrients
For DWC base nutes I’ve got a gallon each of Flora Grow, Bloom and Micro and two dry ferts: GH Maxi Grow/Bloom and Megacrop’s new organics-free two part designed for injectors that’s a dead ringer for Jack’s. I actually couldn’t get Jacks at time of order and given current geopolitics and economics decided I needed to act fast. MC’s two part is Part A: 5-12-26 part B: 15-0-0. It has a full micronutrient package, with lots of chelates, and is different than Jack’s in that it contains a small amount of Silica and full Magnesium. It mixes really well, I’ve been using it for greenhouse plants and veggie starts and so far so good.

Additives
I hope to mostly refrain from much of this. The ‘MC 2 part gives good flexibility for throughout lifecycle. I do use 2 things that, especially if things go off the rails, might help. Humboldts Secret Golden Tree and LiquiDirt are my go-to analogues for Superthrive (analogue in usage if not content) I also have a gallon of GH’s Diamond Liquid - a humates product I plan to mix up into a foliar feed with the other two. I also have a kilo of Koolbloom dry, a liquid silica product and a mess of organic amendments not appropriate in a DWC grow.

Beneficials
I do plan on running Hydroguard through the full grow. I’m also going to be doing some RD in hopes of growing/isolating a homegrown batch of hydroguard from the original, like a sourdough starter. I think I have a good tek worked out and will update throughout this grow. I’ve grown and isolated a batch of lactus bacillus I will use and I have purchased small amounts of NPK RAW brand “Grow” and “Bloom” bennies, both of which contain bacillus and mycelium, and a few other crawlers. I’m hopeful also that if I use the constantly cool air source for my air pump I built (undergroundand) and attach a true HEPA filter to its intake that the air pump will no longer be a vector for the sort of fungus and moulds that destroy grows. Hopefully I can get into a decent microscope someday soon too.

I’ve listed all of the above in the possibility it twigs someone onto a fix for any future quagmire I get myself into, whether by omission or commission. As it stands I’m planning to run the MC 2 part.

The Drop…
I dropped my 5 SunWest Genetics God’s Gift seeds into distilled water and giberallic (sp.) acid for 8 hrs after the lightest scuff with fine sandpaper, on April 26-27. Then sat, on whetted (with two isolated bacillus species and distilled water) paper towel between two ceramic plates for 24 hr after that, controlled to maintain 78 degrees. All 5 showed a tail within 12 hrs.

I prepared various elements for the early days by sterilizing them in my 8l pressure cooker I use for mycology. If it couldn’t be trusted to hold up to the temps I just pasteurized using lower temps and shorter duration.

FE703F09-29EB-4801-9480-9C98F6264C83.jpeg

I sterilized the hydroton, my air stones, tweezers, hell whatever I could. Just a habit really. I rinsed the hydroton balls really well 1st. Those bags you see are silicon, bombproof and very useful for sterilizing hydroton among other things like coco, and rooting cubes, etc. Ain’t gonna be no BS in my tent if I can help it.

Planting out
8F6E08CE-8D2F-421E-9B92-A493D7D5B653.jpeg

I mixed up a gallon of hydroguard, bacillus lactus, 100ppm CaliMag, and 100ppm mc 5-12-26. Pasteurized Perlite was dumped in this clean 10x20, and soaked with above. Then I constructed the 4 -5 inch net baskets from the hydroton and rooter-thingies. Using a sterile tweezer I dropped each germinated seed in the hole with loose crumb atop. The 5th seed was planted in a normal 2” pot with Perlite in place hydroton. Will prob grow this out to a mom or giveaway. Only growing out 4 seeds in This DWC.

Results
02C26972-E0B0-4218-8EDE-8C88241C38D5.jpeg

2D1E1F69-586E-4748-8F5B-B96608BB87AD.jpeg

12943C4D-A972-40E9-8672-AF36E302EA61.jpeg

E30614C6-8CFE-4593-BD17-07443FCA3C47.jpeg

04187EAE-1F9E-49CC-839A-ACACA247A124.jpeg

C5B87824-3BA3-41AC-9A4B-629458D7F69D.jpeg

426787D8-4DA1-49C1-940F-7D4C49AD6ACD.jpeg

This plant in last two pics is the runt and is dealing with a very curly root and discolouration on said root and false leaves. We shall see. I’ve also got some safety equipment I don’t want to just glaze over as it’s very important so I’ll detail and discuss separately. Lastly, I recently redid my electronics mounting panel so I’ll show it off tomorrow and whatever I’ve forgotten here.

7D54C133-A170-4ADE-B859-3BAB4ACBA802.jpeg

Whooboy. Look, Heisenberg, I been outta the game a long, long time and though I’ve worked at some hydrogrows (flood&drain SOG, bubbler cloner) and grew outdoors for approx. 8 seasons in the 90s, this is a big deal for me. For decades I’ve dreamt of having my own personal, legal, grow, and the moment has finally arrived. Besides, crystal meth is for chumps, chump!

I detailed the new equipment and the build out of the tent/system I’m about to use in a Build-Journal linked in my signature below. For purposes of reference and 3rd party problem-solving, here’s the 411 on this DWC Cherry-popping run!

Strain
The deets: Gods Gift. 90/10 Indica. Thought to be OG Kush and Gran Daddy Purp mix. THC 18-22% ish, though I’ve read up to 27%. CBD “low to moderate”. Flavour profile reported is sweet, citrus, berry mélange.

Growspace
Grow Equipment: 5x5x6.6 LumoX tent (Cdn co.) located in an old 5x10 insulated old addition to my even older house. This lung-room is sealed w/ expanding foam etc. and ventilated by 10” ceiling extraction fan with thermostat from Lowes, and is airtight when not running. Tent extraction includes 6” tent ducting, with system-sealing backdraft damper controlled by AC inf. T6 w/ advanced controller, that ends in dryer termination hardware outside. Room and tent both have filtered, ground level cool air intakes that can be sealed with timer during co2 deployment.

Enviro Controls

2x 20lb co2 tanks, regulator, Inkbird automatic controller and titan dispersal tubing. Also have a wine making station nearby that pipes it’s co2 into tent.
Heat, Rh, VWAP… while a AC Inf. will extract when extreme RH or heat present, it is for extremes and otherwise creating a steady negative pressure. Controlling finer levels in order to achieve and maintain targets is done by 2 Inkbird heat/cool and Humid/dehumidifier WIFI controllers. Inkbord Rh controls a hypersonic fogger and a sm. Dehumidifier. Inkbird temp controller controls a 9000btu AC unit in lung room and a small heat bulb used for baby chicks plugged into a power bar in the tent.

Reservoir Temps
DWC reservoirs each have enderneath them a graphite heating element (for fish/reptile tanks) that will turn on if water temp goes too low. My Pymmeter controller has two heat probes and can control two heaters independently. I do not have any cooling planned for these reservoirs outside of having insulated and covered with reflective material, using frozen pop bottles as needed and using large 27 gallon tanks to keep ph and temps as stable as possible without going rDWC.

I haven’t committed long term to DWC yet and don’t want to spend the bread on chillers and connection hardware just yet. I’m launching more plants in 4 weeks (got my legal license to grow a few dozen now) and these will be in a SIP of my own design - so I’m experimenting.

Water
We have very soft water and after recent upgrades the lowest chlorine and chloramine levels in the country. My tap water EC is 0.0 and PPMs 10, sometimes 20. Thus, I’m using my tap water unless seeds/seedlings involved.

Nutrients
For DWC base nutes I’ve got a gallon each of Flora Grow, Bloom and Micro and two dry ferts: GH Maxi Grow/Bloom and 420’s new organics-free two part designed for injectors that’s a dead ringer for Jack’s. I actually couldn’t get Jacks at time of order and given current geopolitics and economics decided I needed to act fast. MC’s two part is Part A: 5-12-26 part B: 15-0-0. It has a full micronutrient package, with lots of chelates, and is different than Jack’s in that it contains a small amount of Silica and full Magnesium. It mixes really well, I’ve been using it for greenhouse plants and veggie starts and so far so good.

Additives
I hope to mostly refrain from much of this. The ‘MC 2 part gives good flexibility for throughout lifecycle. I do use 2 things that, especially if things go off the rails, might help. Humboldts Secret Golden Tree and LiquiDirt are my go-to analogues for Superthrive (analogue in usage if not content) I also have a gallon of GH’s Diamond Liquid - a humates product I plan to mix up into a foliar feed with the other two. I also have a kilo of Koolbloom dry, a liquid silica product and a mess of organic amendments not appropriate in a DWC grow.

Beneficials
I do plan on running Hydroguard through the full grow. I’m also going to be doing some RD in hopes of growing/isolating a homegrown batch of hydroguard from the original, like a sourdough starter. I think I have a good tek worked out and will update throughout this grow. I’ve grown and isolated a batch of lactus bacillus I will use and I have purchased small amounts of NPK RAW brand “Grow” and “Bloom” bennies, both of which contain bacillus and mycelium, and a few other crawlers. I’m hopeful also that if I use the constantly cool air source for my air pump I built (undergroundand) and attach a true HEPA filter to its intake that the air pump will no longer be a vector for the sort of fungus and moulds that destroy grows. Hopefully I can get into a decent microscope someday soon too.

I’ve listed all of the above in the possibility it twigs someone onto a fix for any future quagmire I get myself into, whether by omission or commission. As it stands I’m planning to run the MC 2 part.

The Drop…
I dropped my 5 SunWest Genetics God’s Gift seeds into distilled water and giberallic (sp.) acid for 8 hrs after the lightest scuff with fine sandpaper, on April 26-27. Then sat, on whetted (with two isolated bacillus species and distilled water) paper towel between two ceramic plates for 24 hr after that, controlled to maintain 78 degrees. All 5 showed a tail within 12 hrs.

I prepared various elements for the early days by sterilizing them in my 8l pressure cooker I use for mycology. If it couldn’t be trusted to hold up to the temps I just pasteurized using lower temps and shorter duration.

FE703F09-29EB-4801-9480-9C98F6264C83.jpeg

I sterilized the hydroton, my air stones, tweezers, hell whatever I could. Just a habit really. I rinsed the hydroton balls really well 1st. Those bags you see are silicon, bombproof and very useful for sterilizing hydroton among other things like coco, and rooting cubes, etc. Ain’t gonna be no BS in my tent if I can help it.

Planting out
8F6E08CE-8D2F-421E-9B92-A493D7D5B653.jpeg

I mixed up a gallon of hydroguard, bacillus lactus, 100ppm CaliMag, and 100ppm mc 5-12-26. Pasteurized Perlite was dumped in this clean 10x20, and soaked with above. Then I constructed the 4 -5 inch net baskets from the hydroton and rooter-thingies. Using a sterile tweezer I dropped each germinated seed in the hole with loose crumb atop. The 5th seed was planted in a normal 2” pot with Perlite in place hydroton. Will prob grow this out to a mom or giveaway. Only growing out 4 seeds in This DWC.

Results
02C26972-E0B0-4218-8EDE-8C88241C38D5.jpeg

2D1E1F69-586E-4748-8F5B-B96608BB87AD.jpeg

12943C4D-A972-40E9-8672-AF36E302EA61.jpeg

E30614C6-8CFE-4593-BD17-07443FCA3C47.jpeg

04187EAE-1F9E-49CC-839A-ACACA247A124.jpeg

C5B87824-3BA3-41AC-9A4B-629458D7F69D.jpeg

426787D8-4DA1-49C1-940F-7D4C49AD6ACD.jpeg

This plant in last two pics is the runt and is dealing with a very curly root and discolouration on said root and false leaves. We shall see. I’ve also got some safety equipment I don’t want to just glaze over as it’s very important so I’ll detail and discuss separately. Lastly, I recently redid my electronics mounting panel so I’ll show it off tomorrow and whatever I’ve forgotten here.
Good morning Amigo. :ciao:
Another up at midnight one for me.
Gives me time to chat with you before you get outside to that amazing garden.
Even had a pond and fountain.
You can see years of hard work there.:love:
Ok so your going to give Heisenberg a run for his money.
Well organized sterile environment. Check
Vast knowledge. Check
Premium genetics. Check
All you need is Jessie playing video games in the background. :rofl:
I'll hopefully absorb some info while I'm here.
My dwc is weak. ;)

Stay safe
Bill

Dude my dwc doesn't exist, I was gonna lean completely on you.... o crap.... :eek:;) Anyway, my next seed pop 25 days from now will be going into my SIP totes, also in a 5x5, under same light. Although, it'd be cool :cool:to have the same strain split between both. I'm planning that for the following grow, :nerd-with-glasses:when I have clones for making a proper comparison.

So I had a pretty bad accident in the tent and did some damage. I get insta-vertigo events :thedoubletake:where I go from zero to as dizzy as you've ever been in your life in milliseconds, :thedoubletake::thedoubletake::thedoubletake:and even if lying down I feel like Im gonna fly off my bed. Anyway, I was just noodling along in there, getting off on cable management, like I do, when I went flying across the tent, smashing through the plants and smacking my mug on a radiator-heater through the tent wall, all sharp and gnarly.

That's getting pretty old I can tell you.

Anyway looks like one plant, the runt, took the brunt, and won't make it. But I put it all back together, did the minimum today and just kinda the self-care thing, aka a nap, and recalibrated. Tomorrow, whenever that is, I'll pull this thread back into shape.

This house is a group project really and things grow so well here it's hardly gardening, much less landscaping - it's more, pick a plant, wind it up and watch it go, then hack it back. It's mad, the seasonal bursts here, the explosive nature of... nature.

Hey, I'm harvesting already from, "Cardboard Gardens". Made Pho soup with fresh crown daisy and amaranth greens and a salad with snap peas and lettuce. Having indoor tents for getting started early was awesome. Having mature plants ready to go was pretty luxo. I'll drop some pics in a new post from my phone...

CD970E31-E200-49D5-92BA-9E0C2A160EC3.jpeg

Check out my hose pass through. It’s brass railing, to rest your feet from an old pub that was remodeling, like, 15 years ago. I’ve been trying to find a job for it since then, there’s almost 50ft of it, and finally….
DC386790-2D8F-4692-973F-660246A3FF4B.jpeg

Can’t help myself, this thing is so fun and just a soil factory now, heheh.
EE48AEE8-DF1B-4B30-8E53-174EE4FA8115.jpeg

Now I’m mulching with cardboard! *sigh* I just inoculated a batch of microbes from my leaf mould and clippings collection, so extra cover where there’s no seed or plants. Going to fertilize with my fermented cocktails and experiment in preparation for my all natural, all homemade fert’d, SIP, indoor plants. Going to try and deliver virtually all nutrients via the irrigation reservoir. Not sure it it will be on this thread. Prob should be but…. Meh.

I can’t work work with these issues so I have lots of time to put in here so I’m trying to learn as much as possible. Got my potato crop in today, fully. Stoked for taters.
8F4F5F34-2F69-46E5-B4A3-F40F788B50DB.jpeg

Dude my dwc doesn't exist, I was gonna lean completely on you.... o crap.... :eek:;) Anyway, my next seed pop 25 days from now will be going into my SIP totes, also in a 5x5, under same light. Although, it'd be cool :cool:to have the same strain split between both. I'm planning that for the following grow, :nerd-with-glasses:when I have clones for making a proper comparison.

So I had a pretty bad accident in the tent and did some damage. I get insta-vertigo events :thedoubletake:where I go from zero to as dizzy as you've ever been in your life in milliseconds, :thedoubletake::thedoubletake::thedoubletake:and even if lying down I feel like Im gonna fly off my bed. Anyway, I was just noodling along in there, getting off on cable management, like I do, when I went flying across the tent, smashing through the plants and smacking my mug on a radiator-heater through the tent wall, all sharp and gnarly.

That's getting pretty old I can tell you.

Anyway looks like one plant, the runt, took the brunt, and won't make it. But I put it all back together, did the minimum today and just kinda the self-care thing, aka a nap, and recalibrated. Tomorrow, whenever that is, I'll pull this thread back into shape.

This house is a group project really and things grow so well here it's hardly gardening, much less landscaping - it's more, pick a plant, wind it up and watch it go, then hack it back. It's mad, the seasonal bursts here, the explosive nature of... nature.

Hey, I'm harvesting already from, "Cardboard Gardens". Made Pho soup with fresh crown daisy and amaranth greens and a salad with snap peas and lettuce. Having indoor tents for getting started early was awesome. Having mature plants ready to go was pretty luxo. I'll drop some pics in a new post from my phone...
Fek fek fek. I'm so sorry.
My X brother in law had a similar problem, he would just drop.
Epilepsy he was playing Frisbee with his daughters when he fell on the Cement steps.
Brother this isn't good, I imagine you have had every test imaginable with no cure offered??
Can anything be done?
How is the recovery, must be devastating for you after. :Namaste:
I've got mobility issues and fall all the time but I can usually brace myself.
That's a rough go, you have my sympathy my friend. :love:

Maby it's tarnished but I can't see the brass?
And a harvest already, you are in the perfect spot.
Must be wonderful seeing that kind of growing conditions.
Just damp in the fall I guess.
Love the pics.

Stay safe :cheesygrinsmiley:
Bill

Hey there growers and tokers! Apologies for my ill-timed short hiatus from my thread and posting in general. I hurt myself a little more than I initially realized when I last took a vertigo-induced header inside my tent. Too many hockey brawls and mid-ice checks back in the day means a solid crack now has more potential to harm.

I've struggled to type in particular, my thoughts just ground to a frustrating halt when I tried, and the other biggie was walking on, even just slightly, uneven ground. I mean, just an asphalt driveway with a few cracks and bumps, caused totally exaggerated effect of instability. I offer detail because I've learned these are tell-tale signs and if experienced you require medical attention ASAP. It doesn't mean if you don't experience this after a bell-ringer you're okay, far from it, I mean simply that these are important signs that if ignored will lead to further harm.

I didn't ignore it, and I'm feeling a lot better after giving my brain a proper rest thus far. I'm still going v. easy until Friday, my next examination, at the earliest. Being able to write this without causing a headache and ridiculous emotions, frustration mainly, is very gratifying. If you suffer similarly please go see a physician, the ER isn't a wrong choice either.

I managed, in the aftermath of the mayhem caused in my tent by crashing through a days-old nursery, to resuscitate 4/5 seedlings ok. However, due to my difficulties immed. after the fall, managing them was not without mishap. I actually managed to drop an entire bottle of pH - and was forced to undertake an epic flushing event I'll not soon forget, much as I'd like to. *sigh*

Shockingly, my efforts seem to have worked and while each plant is displaying its own indiv. signs of distress, they are lessening considerably and growth at a "normal" rate appears to be in the offing any moment now.

I'm going to drop some pics in a follow-up post right now, and hopefully, I'll be in shape to offer you a proper journal this weekend or early next week. Can't rush this, and with recovery and various gardens on the go, it's as much as I can handle for a couple/few more days. Your patience is gratefully appreciated. I'm still lurking about and enjoying your own adventures as much as ever, you beauties you!

Hey there growers and tokers! Apologies for my ill-timed short hiatus from my thread and posting in general. I hurt myself a little more than I initially realized when I last took a vertigo-induced header inside my tent. Too many hockey brawls and mid-ice checks back in the day means a solid crack now has more potential to harm.

I've struggled to type in particular, my thoughts just ground to a frustrating halt when I tried, and the other biggie was walking on, even just slightly, uneven ground. I mean, just an asphalt driveway with a few cracks and bumps, caused totally exaggerated effect of instability. I offer detail because I've learned these are tell-tale signs and if experienced you require medical attention ASAP. It doesn't mean if you don't experience this after a bell-ringer you're okay, far from it, I mean simply that these are important signs that if ignored will lead to further harm.

I didn't ignore it, and I'm feeling a lot better after giving my brain a proper rest thus far. I'm still going v. easy until Friday, my next examination, at the earliest. Being able to write this without causing a headache and ridiculous emotions, frustration mainly, is very gratifying. If you suffer similarly please go see a physician, the ER isn't a wrong choice either.

I managed, in the aftermath of the mayhem caused in my tent by crashing through a days-old nursery, to resuscitate 4/5 seedlings ok. However, due to my difficulties immed. after the fall, managing them was not without mishap. I actually managed to drop an entire bottle of pH - and was forced to undertake an epic flushing event I'll not soon forget, much as I'd like to. *sigh*

Shockingly, my efforts seem to have worked and while each plant is displaying its own indiv. signs of distress, they are lessening considerably and growth at a "normal" rate appears to be in the offing any moment now.

I'm going to drop some pics in a follow-up post right now, and hopefully, I'll be in shape to offer you a proper journal this weekend or early next week. Can't rush this, and with recovery and various gardens on the go, it's as much as I can handle for a couple/few more days. Your patience is gratefully appreciated. I'm still lurking about and enjoying your own adventures as much as ever, you beauties you!
Breaks my heart reading of your issues. :green_heart:
Your a trooper my friend, bless you.
My issues seem menial in comparison.
Just take care of yourself my friend we can wait till your feeling better for pics and updates.
Wish I could help.:Namaste:

Stay safe :cheesygrinsmiley:
Bill

Nice to hear you are feeling better and on the mend. I “look forward” to the same issues later on due to many concussions on the American football field. I actually cracked a helmet and severely bent several face masks. Add in a “few” total wrecks working with horses and cattle and I’m basically walking scar tissue. Please keep us posted on your continued improvement RD.

NTH

Well…. I had to spend a short time in hospital and take considerable bed/brain rest but I’m finally starting to feel the tingle that is ‘being me’ once again. You don’t ever want that tingle leaving you, trust me young’ns, please be safe out there.

Unfortunately , there have been other serious casualties. My seedlings/early veg babies continued to display rapid nutrient burn symptoms that no amount of flushing or light reduction, rez change etc. could make an impact on. I mean it just daily crawled up every leaf leaving only necrosis behind. Thing is, they weren’t over fert’d. Now, unfortunately, that statement’s credibility is wanting, given my concussion - as frankly some memories of this period are still a blur.

Still, something just didn’t feel right and I realized that the only element I had no control over was the peat plug I used, the fully hydrated ones. So, I took a fresh one out of the fridge last night, cut it up into 1-2 cm pieces and in a glass bowl poured room temp 60ml of pH7, 10ppm tap water and let sit 90 seconds (the length of time my dripper comes on every 10 minutes) then I jammed my EC meter in there… 460ppm! (50 scale) WTF? Fresh from the ‘fridge?!
Can that be right, I mean normal, it def happened, I took a photo, see below. Did these somehow get tainted because I can’t understand why a peat plug would be that hot.
2C763470-8E61-41CF-846B-E549A3928789.jpeg

Since the plants are officially a write off now I cut up one of the plants actual peat plug and got 420ppm (50scl.). I don’t even understand how that can happen, the rez. is/was 150ppm of GH micro and calimagic, 50/50, and lots of it, 90 liters. And it’s nute burn alright, not deficiencies, I mean primarily. Does this strike anyone else as odd?

I have some new seeds soaking — don’t know what to do about this thread as my genetics will now be changed and I used prev. genetics in the thread title, so is misleading. Anyway, if you have any input over those peat plugs I’m interested. I’ve had to spend the last week mostly offline and really missed you, my 420 peeps, so I hope you’re doing better than me, and I look forward to getting caught up on your grows, your lives, whatever you choose to share.

( Krissakes, Im only 48, it’s not time yet to pull a Marlon Brando and be collapsing in my garden like the great Don Corleone. )

Jah love, my brothers and sisters.

Well…. I had to spend a short time in hospital and take considerable bed/brain rest but I’m finally starting to feel the tingle that is ‘being me’ once again. You don’t ever want that tingle leaving you, trust me young’ns, please be safe out there.

Unfortunately , there have been other serious casualties. My seedlings/early veg babies continued to display rapid nutrient burn symptoms that no amount of flushing or light reduction, rez change etc. could make an impact on. I mean it just daily crawled up every leaf leaving only necrosis behind. Thing is, they weren’t over fert’d. Now, unfortunately, that statement’s credibility is wanting, given my concussion - as frankly some memories of this period are still a blur.

Still, something just didn’t feel right and I realized that the only element I had no control over was the peat plug I used, the fully hydrated ones. So, I took a fresh one out of the fridge last night, cut it up into 1-2 cm pieces and in a glass bowl poured room temp 60ml of pH7, 10ppm tap water and let sit 90 seconds (the length of time my dripper comes on every 10 minutes) then I jammed my EC meter in there… 460ppm! (50 scale) WTF? Fresh from the ‘fridge?!
Can that be right, I mean normal, it def happened, I took a photo, see below. Did these somehow get tainted because I can’t understand why a peat plug would be that hot.
2C763470-8E61-41CF-846B-E549A3928789.jpeg

Since the plants are officially a write off now I cut up one of the plants actual peat plug and got 420ppm (50scl.). I don’t even understand how that can happen, the rez. is/was 150ppm of GH micro and calimagic, 50/50, and lots of it, 90 liters. And it’s nute burn alright, not deficiencies, I mean primarily. Does this strike anyone else as odd?

I have some new seeds soaking — don’t know what to do about this thread as my genetics will now be changed and I used prev. genetics in the thread title, so is misleading. Anyway, if you have any input over those peat plugs I’m interested. I’ve had to spend the last week mostly offline and really missed you, my 420 peeps, so I hope you’re doing better than me, and I look forward to getting caught up on your grows, your lives, whatever you choose to share.

( Krissakes, Im only 48, it’s not time yet to pull a Marlon Brando and be collapsing in my garden like the great Don Corleone. )

Jah love, my brothers and sisters.
Good morning R.D. :ciao: do I have to get you some hockey equipment for gardening?
At least that way I could keep you safe. :love:
You worry me my friend :Namaste:

Peat pods shouldn't have any nutrients regardless of ppms? Theoretically!
Peat is inert and just a medium to hold everything in place.
There has to be something else causing issues.
Unless maby it's just a bad batch, I guess anything is possible.
Please try and take care of yourself. :green_heart:

Stay safe :cool:
Bill

Well this is just it. This "root roter" (cant remember the brand name but have the package, too lazy to check) Whatever it's called, I tested a FRESH one from the fridge where it's been sitting in a ziploc with small air holes for a couple months since it arrived from Amazon.

Added only 60 ml of 7.0ph water, counted 90 Mississippi's and checked EC immediately. So those pieces of the as-new plug had only 90-sec contact with the water, and the 'slurry' read 460ppm. In practice, this is an invisible PPM I can't test or account for b/c it's locked up in the peat plug. So imagine dripping another 150-200ppm calmag through one constantly, on top of this hidden 460ppm of who-knows-what?! That means my seedlings were bathing in 600ppm+ from day one. No wonder they were locked out from day one. They never looked right from day one but being new to DWC etc. I blamed myself. Then my injury, another strike against the grower's 'credibility'... certainly 'ability'...

The rest below is pure whining, you may wish to skip it;

I really don't think giving a peat plug a 90 second bath in 60ml of 10ppm water should measure out at 460ppm. What a terrible, terrible waste. My first two seed orders were no-shows with no refunds. Burnt 500$ Now all five "God's Gift" are but a memory. $70 bye bye. And now, my impression of the 10 seeds I'm germinating is that they will only have a 30-40% strike rate. $100 see ya.. I'm properly depressed, thankfully, I know that by tomorrow I'll just be white-hot livid with anger, the sort of anger I can use to motivate. Until then, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

Well this is just it. This "root roter" (cant remember the brand name but have the package, too lazy to check) Whatever it's called, I tested a FRESH one from the fridge where it's been sitting in a ziploc with small air holes for a couple months since it arrived from Amazon.

Added only 60 ml of 7.0ph water, counted 90 Mississippi's and checked EC immediately. So those pieces of the as-new plug had only 90-sec contact with the water, and the 'slurry' read 460ppm. In practice, this is an invisible PPM I can't test or account for b/c it's locked up in the peat plug. So imagine dripping another 150-200ppm calmag through one constantly, on top of this hidden 460ppm of who-knows-what?! That means my seedlings were bathing in 600ppm+ from day one. No wonder they were locked out from day one. They never looked right from day one but being new to DWC etc. I blamed myself. Then my injury, another strike against the grower's 'credibility'... certainly 'ability'...

The rest below is pure whining, you may wish to skip it;

I really don't think giving a peat plug a 90 second bath in 60ml of 10ppm water should measure out at 460ppm. What a terrible, terrible waste. My first two seed orders were no-shows with no refunds. Burnt 500$ Now all five "God's Gift" are but a memory. $70 bye bye. And now, my impression of the 10 seeds I'm germinating is that they will only have a 30-40% strike rate. $100 see ya.. I'm properly depressed, thankfully, I know that by tomorrow I'll just be white-hot livid with anger, the sort of anger I can use to motivate. Until then, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!
$500 plus another $100 I'd be pissed aswell.
Who did you order from?
There are a couple I used now that have great service and genetics.
Herbies and Weed Seeds.
Every shipment on time, quality guaranteed.
Have you tried the coco pods I normally use.
Better than root rotters cubes. :rofl: ( root riot? )

Stay safe :cool:
Bill

Screenshot_20220525-012050_Chrome.jpg

Yeah, those look nice. I wonder what they use to keep'm stuck together? Could be agar. I've been meaning to experiment, make my own from coco and agar. Got lotsa both.

I buffered 100litres of coco yday/today, then mixed 80L 55/45 with perlite. I did so much perlite b/c my coco is very fine, very 'peaty' and because I'm doing sub-fertigation, no water from the top, nor any ferts in the matrix. Then I mixed the coco mix 30/60 with Sunshine#4. I'm setting up my 17 gallon SIPs, two of 'em to start, and grow 2 plants in each, in another tent. Not abandoning DWC, just want to do both. and use my homemade ferts in the SIPs.

Got my medical grow extension approved (to like, hundreds of plants) and the gov't voluntarily wiped my 2 possession charges away without my even applying to do so. I found out after the fact. Feels good I hafta say. Hey, I'm trying to focus on the positive and keep moving forward.

I'm keeping the S^$#*head seed seller's ID close to my chest at the moment because it's the only leverage I have and I'm still trying to get them to sharpen up and settle me out. Otherwise, watch this space. A%$#les. Sorry, I think the word "seeds" and my brain explodes into blue fire.
297de05d5cc5cbd0800a3b4b39c4bba413e24ddf.jpeg

I need some animals around this place. Super-stoked you have Howie.

Back
Top Bottom