How contagious is "Bud rot"?

I think if conditions are overly wet and damp then I can imagine bud rot spreading badly thru your buds. But in my limited experience where generally the conditions have been not wet and damp, that the bud rot I have encountered has I believe come about from caterpillars doing damage that goes unseen until the dying plant tissue become overcome with mould. But either way, it is important to cut it out and remove promptly.
I did cut out the rotting Buds and you are right. The ones I tore open had little red worms in it! I'm definitely going to keep a closer eye on it. I had a bad bout with boring beetles early in the season. This is probably still the cause of it I take it.

It's super contagious. I found stage 1 botrytis in one spot on one cola 12 hours ago. It's already spreading through the bud and showed up on a neighboring cola. If a bud is already infected it's too late to stop it by dropping humidity or temps. Developed buds will create what's called a microclimate that even a steady fan won't dissipate. Also, botrytis likes cooler temps so if you see it don't rely on dropping temps to fix anything, you'll make it worse.

It's super contagious. I found stage 1 botrytis in one spot on one cola 12 hours ago. It's already spreading through the bud and showed up on a neighboring cola. If a bud is already infected it's too late to stop it by dropping humidity or temps. Developed buds will create what's called a microclimate that even a steady fan won't dissipate. Also, botrytis likes cooler temps so if you see it don't rely on dropping temps to fix anything, you'll make it worse.
Very informative my friend and very correct! Every neighboring Bud that one of my dry rotted Bud was touching also had the start of it. It's not a mass infection yet but I am definitely watching. :peace:

On my first run, growing outdoors trying to keep up with the elements. Mostly makes me super curious about autoflowering strains.
Heading to see if you've documented those loses, they are great hind sight lessons to squirrel away for us new growers! Truthfully, the whole thing has been two steps forward and one step back, but endless learning.
I definitely learned a lot from this season in already and looking forward to next!

Short answer: Extremely contagious.

Every spot where you see that brown is forming millions of mold spores that are looking for a place to land and multiply.
Cut it away like cancer (get all affected areas) and burn it, or it will ruin the rest of your plant(s)
Agree 100%. Just dealt with it and had to harvest early or I would have lost everything.

Okay upon further inspection I no longer think it's Bud rot. I've dug into several of the buds that were rotting and these little Devils were in each one. They're usually red but this one was just yellow colored. I'm assuming I didn't kill all the boring beetle larvae. And this is them eating their way back through my buds.

Attachments

• 20201012_174253.jpg
    20201012_174253.jpg
    897.9 KB · Views: 30
Yeah, things that eat tend to also defecate. Warm, moist, dark, shitty... perfect environment for unwanted organism growth.

BT for the win. But first a word..... if you spray BT you risk killing off a whole hive of bees, without these tiny pollinators all of mankind is done; no more food, no more crops, no more weed.

Read the label, follow the directions, spray after sunset but a MUCH better solution would be to use mosquito dunks or bits. Mosquito dunks & bits both contain BT a biological.... add it early to your soil mix, top dress with it, that way your plants are getting low doses of BT all along without you potentially killing off bees by spraying

BT = bacillus thuringeinsis or some shite pretty close cause I’m tired of fighting with auto text

BT for the win. But first a word..... if you spray BT you risk killing off a whole hive of bees, without these tiny pollinators all of mankind is done; no more food, no more crops, no more weed.

Read the label, follow the directions, spray after sunset but a MUCH better solution would be to use mosquito dunks or bits. Mosquito dunks & bits both contain BT a biological.... add it early to your soil mix, top dress with it, that way your plants are getting low doses of BT all along without you potentially killing off bees by spraying

BT = bacillus thuringeinsis or some shite pretty close cause I’m tired of fighting with auto text
I will have to look into that for next season. These only have three weeks to go. Hopefully I don't have to pull them early. I also keep bees so definitely don't want any sprays that would affect them! Thanks for the info! :peace:

Luckily, female cannabis doesn’t attract pollinators due to lack of nectar, so I don’t think you’d have to worry about pollinators. However, pollinators do love the pollen of male cannabis plants.

I got bud rot this year on greenhouse plants, school boy error of thinking they were dry under glass.

So I got a fan on them, checked the plants at least once a day, left open windows and doors, chopped out rot & lightly sprayed with H2O2… it worked I've saved lots of crop.

I got bud rot this year on greenhouse plants, school boy error of thinking they were dry under glass.

So I got a fan on them, checked the plants at least once a day, left open windows and doors, chopped out rot & lightly sprayed with H2O2… it worked I've saved lots of crop.
Nice to hear you triumphed over the rot! :woohoo: :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom