Hey guys wassup

I appreciate that. Didn't know "Doc Bud" was a user. I would have been lost. I know starting a journal would probably help a whole lot more. I'm just trying to make sure I purchase the right things as of now.

Well that sucks. I can't send and pm's until I have 50 post.

The hi-brix seems a little much for a beginner with the worm castings, cooking soil for a month, and all that. Which is why im starting with autos...unless I'm reading it wrong.

I have a few questions. Mainly the ones that went unanswered in the thread.

Is the ProMix HP 2.2 a good soil to use? Is there something better?

Anything on nutrients in combination to the soil to buy.

If I don't get a led panel would bulbs work just a good? If so, how many?

I appreciate all the extra info. But I'm literally starting from the bottom. Most of the info will hit me later lol. I'm just focused on getting the operation started.

To answer your questions. Yes HP is a go

I use with great results. The Green Planet Nutrient Series. There's things like "Home and Garden", Floraseries. Your not going to find the right stuff at Walmart or Lowes. It has to be a garden shop of some sort.

I would suggest not getting LED bulbs because that will cost a fortune and probably won't give you the proper spectrum. You'll want he full panel. If you want cheap and effective get the CFLs and upgrade later to something else. Your autos will respond great to CFL but it will take about 10x 100w CFL for a decent grow with desent light penetration

House and garden.

Docs kit is by far cheaper than any nutrient line up including my house and garden. Plus you can re use the soil win win.

New growers can't go wrong the guy will walk you through all steps I've watched it happen with a ton of users

I thank you again cause I'm going to need it lol
would a 14w 225 led panel do the trick? What about 2 Of them? I found some for 40 bucks.

I also did some research and I have a WeGrow store 15 minutes from my house!!!!! I'm sure they are going to have everything I need!! Their stock isn't online but I'll definitely be in there next week.

That's what I said. Are those good quality lights to have.

If they are the same ones i have seen then they will only be good as supplemental light....they are gonna contain the cheapest bin diodes possible i am sure....that equates to less penetration......i believe B.A.R. is one member that uses one or two as supplemental light....i believe side lighting maybe but not sure......about the best deal on LED that we have is Mars Hydro.......they are a great beginner level light and can grow great MMJ......i have recently upgraded to the Advanced Leds XTE series but have flowered under a Mars ll 400 and 700......they both performed very well.....the 400 draws right at 187watts from the wall and the 700 pulls 320.....these are measured by a kill o watt meter......the investment is about the same as hps i believe.....if you want to grow a nice plant and pull decent amount off of it these are the place to start....if your on a budget then save your money with the cheap 40 dollar panels and save up for a minimum of the mars ll 400.....last time i checked i am sure it is under 200 now.....if you live in a warm climate then you will have to have some kind of exhaust whether closet or tent...the Mars series runs warm in my opinion.....closed up it will heat the space up quickly......Dutty is the HPS man as i know nothing useful except they draw a lot more power than LEDs.....but heat i think is very controllable with cool tubes i believe they are called.....back to Dutty on that one:)

Alright:)...a bit long winded but i hope you find some of it useful:)......

Have a Greentastic Daze:)

Screenshot_2015-04-10-17-22-30.png
Screenshot_2015-04-10-17-28-02.png

Ok. I got It. I've made my decisions.

I have another question though...
What is a good size grow tent to go with? I want to go with about 3-4 plants at a time.
Should I get...
32x32x63
48x24x60
48x24x72

I suppose 48x24x60 would probably suffice.

I'm a little hesitant on the tents only because they have limited space.

On my last grow, I grew a critical hog. I topped her once. And she took up about 3'x3'. That was one plant. So anything could be too small but then again, it could be just right.

How come you want a tent? Why not paint that room white or hang Mylar and use the whole room?

I suppose 48x24x60 would probably suffice.

I'm a little hesitant on the tents only because they have limited space.

On my last grow, I grew a critical hog. I topped her once. And she took up about 3'x3'. That was one plant. So anything could be too small but then again, it could be just right.

How come you want a tent? Why not paint that room white or hang Mylar and use the whole room?

I'm moving to a apt next Sunday. I definitely need a tent now. It happened all so sudden. Those pics are no longer my grow room.

While I got you here... I was going to purchase a full spectrum 300w mars hydro. however it isn't the mars hydro Il

Back
Top Bottom