HashGirl Is Back & Is Growing Sativas The Hempy Way

Good morning, all. It's been a while since I've started a new grow journal here on 420 as I've been having vision issues since April. I'm still having vision issues but I've decided to start a new journal where I will probably post shorter updates, i.e. one strain's update at a time.

I switched to growing hydroponically from ProMix as I just could not get rid of the bugs or the PM in my previous grows. My husband's cousin works for a licensed producer here in Ontario and he said the best way to get rid of problems is to get rid of the dirt. So, that's what I did and I've been pretty happy since.

I grew 6 plants the hempy way from May to now with the only problem being some pH issues, which I think I'm better with now. The 6 plants I grew are all now hanging and waiting to be trimmed and jarred. I'm hoping for a good yield this time.

The first strain I'm growing this round is Blue Dream. I've grown Blue Dream before and quite liked it so that's why I'm growing it again. Here is some info on the strain:

BLUE DREAM (1 seed)

Major Terpenes:Myrcene, Pinene, Caryophyllene
Genotype:Photoperiod
Phenotype:Sativa-Dominant (70/30)
Breeder:Garden of Green
Genetics:Blueberry x Super Silver Haze x Afghani x Thai x Mexican
Projected Flowering Time:56 to 67 days
Projected Yield:550g / sq metre
THC %:25 to 29
CBD %:1 to 5

Blue Dream strain is a Sativa-dominant hybrid, which originates from Santa Cruz, CA. This cannabis strain is a cross between Haze and Blueberry, provided by an unknown breeder. However, thanks to a famous cultivator DJ Short, this strain became much easier to grow without losing its effects. Nowadays, this version is also known as Azure Haze.

Blue Dream Strain Information
The average THC level of this weed is about 20%-22%, in addition to the CBD level, which ranges between 1.7% - 2%. Despite its popularity, Blue Dream weed strain is not recommended to novice smokers due to its high potency and powerful cerebral effects. This strain can be the right choice during nighttime or daytime, whenever one wants. Moreover, it also deserves attention from medical patients and those who look for recreational use.

Another feature of this strain is its delicious fragrance and flavor. Usually, it meets the consumer with a distinct sweet berry smell reminiscent of its parent Blueberry, with spicy hints. At the same time, the taste corresponds to the scent and reminds of berries with a perfect balance between sweetness and spiciness.

It is worth mentioning that there are a few options for consumption, which also include cooking. The high from eating lasts longer and provides overwhelming effects. Therefore, it is not the wisest choice for those who are new to edibles.

Blue Dream Strain Effects
This marijuana wouldn’t be so popular if it didn’t have a remarkable mix of euphoric cerebral and calming body effects. First of all, the high provides a boost of creativity and motivation, enhances focus, and delivers a fit of energy. Simultaneously, the person feels a pleasant body relaxation, which doesn’t glue to the couch. All of these causes a mildly euphoric high that ideally suits for creative activity.

When talking about medical use, Blue Dream strain is known for its pain-relieving properties and psychological influence. It can be of great use while facing stress, anxiety, and depression. On the other hand, when overdone, it may cause paranoia.

Growing Tips and Info
It is pretty popular among both experienced and beginning growers because it isn’t very demanding. It can be raised indoors and outdoors, but due to its height of about 3-4 meters, it is mostly grown outdoors. The flowering cycle takes about 9 to 10 weeks outdoors and 7 to 9 weeks indoors and rewards with a decent yield. When grown outdoors, the best time to harvest is between mid-September and early October.

Unfortunately, the first 2 seeds I planted of this strain didn't sprout so I'd like to introduce you to Bianca - Take 3 who was born on October 7:

420 Update - October 3 to 12, 2024.jpg

Bianca - Day 0:

Bianca - Day 3:

OTHER INFO:

Indoor or outdoor?

- 6 plants indoors in 3 tents

If indoor...Dimensions (L x W x D) of grow space?
- two 4x4x6.5 Mars Hydro Tent
- one 4x4x6.5 Fusion Hut 600D

Medium?
- perlite aka hempy

Pots & Sizes?
- 2 gallon plastic pots

Size of light?
- Mars Hydro FC 3000 Full Spectrum 300W LED in all 3 tents

Are they aircooled?
- Yes.

Temp of Room/cab?
- It's approximately 55F in the tents but Bianca will be under an LED light until she's bigger.

RH of Room/cab?
- 36% currently

PH of media or res?
- 5.7 to 5.9 but I aim for 5.8 every time

Type and strength of ferts used?
- I will be using the General Hydroponics line, i.e. Gro, Micro and Bloom for this grow.

Thanks for following along. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to post them.

:welcome: to my new journal, Jiggi and BBB.

Next up for my new grow is Camilla aka Candyland. I grew Candyland in 2023 but only yield 17 grams. I really liked what I tried so I wanted to grow it again with hopefully, a much bigger yield.

Camilla was born on September 17. She was topped yesterday on Day 25.

Here is the strain info:

CANDYLAND (1 seed)

Primary Terpenes:Caryophyllene, Humulene, Myrcene, Limonene
Phenotype:Hybrid (Sativa-Dominant)
Breeder:Garden of Green
Genetics:Grandaddy Purple x Platinum Cookies
Projected Flowering Time:56 to 70 days
Projected Yield:650g/m2
THC %:21+
CBD %:<1

CandyLand is an 80% sativa strain created by crossing Grandaddy Purps with Platinum Cookies. Bred by Ken Estes, the breeder of Grandaddy Purple, this strain has made a big impact on the Californian medical marijuana scene.

CandyLand grows well in all environments although performs better in warm climate regions such as California or the Mediterranean outdoors unless a greenhouse is available. It's a medium-sized plant that grows to be 140 - 160 cm. tall. Indoor flowering lasts for a period of approximately 8 - 10 weeks producing great yields of around 650 gr/m2. Outdoors in the appropriate climate as much as 850 gr/plant can be obtained with northern hemisphere harvests being at the end of October. Plants turn a deep purple colour towards the end of florescence.

The scent is sweet and juicy with a similar taste profile. THC can reach 29% with just 1% CBD. The effect is that of a warm, cosseted sensation together with a motivational energy that will allow the pursuit of a variety of tasks.

Therapeutically, it has applications for ADD/ADHD, cancer, depression, fatigue, insomnia, migraines, muscle spasms and for stress relief.

And, here is Camilla's info and pictures:

420 Update - September 13 to October 13, 2024.jpg

Camilla - Day 2:

Camilla - Day 5:

Camilla - Day 23:

Camilla - Day 26:

Her leaves are a little pale so I'll add Cal-Mag next time I feed her. I forgot the first time.

420 Update - September 13 to October 13, 2024.jpg

Next up for my new grow is Carla aka Clementine. I’ve grown Clementine twice before. My average yield is 37 grams per plant. But my best yield was 87 grams per plant in 2021. My 2023 grow really brought the average yield down a lot. I like Clementine for smoking as well as edibles. I think it will be in my regular grows for a while.

Carla was born on September 17. She was topped on October 12, her 25th day.

Here is the strain info:

CLEMENTINE (1 seed)

Primary Terpenes:Terpinolene, Linalool, Caryophyllene, Myrcene
Phenotype:Sativa-Dominant Hybrid (70% Sativa, 30% Indica)
Breeder:DNA Genetics (Crockett Family Farms)
Genetics:Tangie x Lemon Skunk
Projected Flowering Time:56 to 63 days
Projected Yield:395g/plant
THC %:20

CLEMENTINE STRAIN OVERVIEW
If you are prone to groggy mornings, the Clementine strain is great for putting a pep in your step. It's energizing and refreshing and may help you to feel focused and awake. It is also super tangy, zingy, and tastes like clementines, hence the name.

Clementine is a sativa-dominant hybrid strain created by cannabis breeders at Crockett Family Farms. At the 2015 Cannabis Cup held in Michigan, a concentrated live resin of Clementine was awarded second place in the Best Sativa category.

What Is Clementine Strain?
The Clementine strain is a cross of the sativa, Tangie, and Lemon Skunk. Cannabis breeders created Lemon Skunk by combining two skunk phenotypes with robust lemony, citrusy flavors. These genetics are very present in the Clementine strain, which itself has a sweet, citrusy, lemony-orange flavor.

Clementine’s cerebral effects come on strong and fast and induce a state of heightened alertness and focus. This strain also provides a short-term energy boost, which is why it is a popular choice among cannabis users who like to ‘wake-and-bake.’ Naturally, given its effects, the Clementine strain is only suitable for morning or afternoon use.

Aroma
Clementine’s fragrance is a sweet, citrusy combination of lemon and orange. There are also undertones of earth, spice, and pine.

Flavour
Clementine has a creamy, lemon citrusy taste on the inhale, with a tangy orange aftertaste on the exhale.

Appearance
The Clementine strain grows quite tall and can reach up to 80 inches outdoors. A mature plant has exceptionally large flowers and a dense coating of trichomes. The leaves are yellowy-green with orange, clementine-colored pistils growing in clusters around them.

Clementine Strain Grow Info
Clementine is a relatively easy strain to grow as it is naturally highly resistant to common moulds and mildew.

While Clementine seeds can be grown indoors or outdoors, it thrives outdoors in a semi-humid climate. The optimal daytime temperature range for this plant is between 72-80 degrees Fahrenheit.

As the plant can grow quite tall, it requires regular pruning and trimming to keep its height and shape under control.

The indoor flowering period for Clementine weed is between 8-9 weeks and yields 11 ounces per square meter. Outdoor growers can expect a higher average yield of approximately 15 ounces per square meter. It is generally ready for harvesting around the middle of October.

Medical Benefits of Clementine Strain
Many Clementine reviewers say that this strain leaves them feeling happy, uplifted, and euphoric. Therefore, medicinal cannabis consumers with mood disorders such as depression or anxiety may find Clementine helpful.

Initially, Clementine boosts energy, which may help users to overcome fatigue. As time passes, however, the Clementine strain also instills a feeling of relaxation. Consequently, some may find it useful for stress relief and unwinding purposes after the initial invigorating effects have dissipated.

Some Clementine users say that it is moderately effective for pain relief. Therefore, it may help temporarily alleviate minor muscular aches and pains.

Possible Side Effects of the Clementine Strain
Some Clementine users will experience mild side effects such as cottonmouth and dry eyes. However, as Clementine can contain up to 27% THC, some users have reported increased anxiety, paranoia, or dizziness.

Final Thoughts on Clementine Strain
The Clementine strain has a lot to offer to both recreational and medicinal cannabis consumers. It reportedly can elevate mood while simultaneously increasing alertness and energy levels. These effects are why Clementine is so popular among cannabis users who like to wake-and-bake.

Some possible medicinal benefits of the Clementine strain include addressing chronic fatigue, stress, and mood disorders. It is important to note that Clementine’s THC content can reach 27%, so it may not be suitable for everyone.

And, here is Carla's info and pictures:

420 Update - September 17 to October 14, 2024.jpg

Carla - Day 2:

Carla - Day 18:

Carla - Day 23:

Carla - Day 26:

Hi HG, It's really good to have you back! :hug:

Congratulations on your new seedlings. I'm looking forward to watching you grow hempy style.

Are you able to increase the light for them?

Hi HG, It's really good to have you back! :hug:
Congratulations on your new seedlings. I'm looking forward to watching you grow hempy style.

Are you able to increase the light for them?

Actually, I just increased the light. I thought I had it at 50%, the setting for Veg but it was still at 25% where it was for seedlings.

Hello Shed. I'm happy you're here. It wouldn't feel normal if you weren't. :battingeyelashes:

Hey @HashGirl this looks awesome, you're off to a great start. I do love me some blue dream and candyland sounds yummy!
I'll tag along for this one if you don't mind 😉 :popcorn:

Hey Tassie. Welcome to my journal. I don't recognize your username. Do you grow?

Next up are Peggy and Penny, my 2 Pineapple Express girls. Pineapple Express is definitely one of my favourite strains. I love the racy high it gives me.

Peggy and Penny were both born on September 17 and both were topped on October 12th.

PINEAPPLE EXPRESS (2 seeds)

Primary Terpenes:Beta-Caryophyllene, alpha-Humulene, Farnesene*
Phenotype:Sativa-Dominant (60% Sativa, 40% Indica)
Breeder:Barney’s Farm
Vendor / Sponsor:The Seed Pharm
Genetics:Hawaiian Landrace Sativa x Trainwreck
Projected Flowering Time:60 to 65 days
Projected Yield:500g/plant
THC %:6.6*
Items Marked with a *:The terpenes and cannabinoids were determined by testing. However, these may have been impacted by PM on the autoflower version I grew earlier this year. I plan to test it again at some point.

PINEAPPLE EXPRESS STRAIN OVERVIEW
The Pineapple Express strain is a slight sativa-leaning hybrid, which is the result of the crossing of the Hawaiian and Trainwreck strains. Coming from the Hawaiian lineage, it’s no wonder this strain is touted for its delicious pineapple flavour. There are also some notes of apple and tangerine mixed in as well, so it makes for an ultra-fruity and juicy strain.

Even if you aren’t insanely familiar with cannabis culture, chances are you have probably heard of this beyond notorious strain. Whether you have seen the 2oo8 hilarious stoner classic by the same name, or if you have heard it being used in your social circles, there’s a reason why after all these years Pineapple Express is still all the rage. (Personally, I thought the movie, Pineapple Express, gave stoners a bad name. The main characters acted more like they were high on crack or heroin not cannabis. Now, the movie, Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure is my idea of a good cannabis movie.)

It could be its energizing and uplifting high that brings about creative and focused energy, making it the best strain to go on adventures and seek out hidden treasures, or maybe it’s that sweet flavour that hangs on your tongue right after you’ve grabbed that first hit. Whatever may be the reason, Pineapple Express is still a well-balanced marijuana strain that not only tastes like it came down straight from the Heavens, but also keeps you buzzing, mildly enough so you can remain pushing through your day ahead.

What Is Pineapple Express?
Pineapple Express is classified technically as a well-balanced sativa dominant hybrid, with a ratio of 60% sativa and 40% indica. Although, this strain does pack in quite a grand portion of indica genetics, its energizing, heady yet body numbing effects are so far from it. The Pineapple Express strain’s parental lineage originates from a breeding of the landrace sativa Hawaiian strain and the hybrid strain Trainwreck.

With half of its genetics originating from an immensely pure strain that is of 100% sativa origins, it makes perfect sense why Pineapple Express would have such a strong declaration of sativa-style effects. Its THC levels typically range in the 16-26% range, so its high bringing effects are quite strong and powerful. You definitely won’t be left disappointed if a steady blaze is what you are desiring.

Pineapple Express Aroma, Flavour, Appearance
Pineapple Express marijuana smells a bit like sweet citrus mixed with some tropical fruit such as pineapple while the aroma it gives is earthy, piney, sweet, and kind of like pineapple. It has a nice fruity cocktail flavour with kind of a pine aftertaste. It’s basically tropical, sweet, and sour at the same time tipping over to some mango-citrus-like taste mixed with pineapple.

The Pineapple Express strain, appearance-wise, resembles an indica ever so slightly, with exceptionally densely packed buds that are long and tapered like the shape of a classic sativa. Just by having one look, it’s clear this potent strain is indeed a hybrid. Its long water leaves reach up high into the clouds, displaying shades of deep greens and sometimes tinges of burnt oranges and burgundy reds, a result if this strain had been cultivated in colder climates. The buds are sugary and crystalline, with a sagey, green shade that transforms in certain sections to a hazy yellow colour, broken up by the amber orange of the pistils that reach and curl towards the sun.

Pineapple Express Grow Info
Pineapple Express grows into a dense but slightly stretched structure, contrasting light green foliage, follows by super chunky popcorn shaped buds emerge that shine with a lime and yellow colouring covered in Highly Resinous heavy sticky trichomes with fiery bright red and amber hairs resinous buds that can exceed 25% THC, and is most potent when 'super cropped', that exude unique scents of sweet pineapple and cedar, undertones of spices and cedar.

Pineapple Express is a tall growing cannabis strain, so if you are cultivating this girl indoors, make sure to have ample space for her branches to reach up high. Indoor grown Pineapple Express can blossom with just about any growing method including hydroponics or soil grown. Pineapple Express is a high yielding strain, with successful indoor grows typically promising around 18 ounces per square meter, and outdoor grows at around 19 ounces per plant. The flowering period of Pineapple Express weed is around 7-8 weeks, with the ideal harvest time for outdoor grown crops hitting around mid-October.

Pineapple Express Effects
Pineapple Express weed has the effects typical of a sativa strain with a fast-acting cerebral rush, long-lasting energetic effects materializing into a blast of energy initial energy boost, followed by a calming yet stimulating happily focused and alert full-body high followed by the sensation of relaxation and chatty happiness. The taste and aromas from Pineapple Express are distinctly tropical with fresh-cut pineapple with tropical fruit and mango with undertones of cedar and spice. Its smoky aromas are distinctively funky and skunky unique with a powerful citrus scent and irresistible fruity citrus blend.

Although we are aware of how insane the 2008 film Pineapple Express made this strain out to be, this cannabis is not nearly as strong as depicted, and certainly will not leave you dysfunctional or acting plain stupid. Instead, you can expect quite the contrary, with its potential to bring introspection and hefty cerebral effects, continuing all the way down to your body, which will fill right up with blissful relaxation, yet an urge to carry on. This hybrid truly is a quintessential balance, keeping its user within the happy medium of a totally creative spirit that is downright ready to journey out on an adventure, to a thought-provoking bookworm that just wants to keep it all in.

Regardless of what goes on with your mind, Pineapple Express weed will be body numbing, making any pains or aches you might be having physically quickly melt away, all while keeping the mind sharp and concentrated. Not ideal for a morning pre-work smoke, Pineapple Express can sometimes leave you feeling a tad bit too spacey to function at the workplace, but right after you get home or even on a day off, if you need that good green stuff to act as a little pick-me-up, Pineapple Express is exactly the road you should turn down.

Medical Benefits of Pineapple Express
Probably the most severe medical condition that Pineapple Express has been known to be of immense help with, is clinical depression. Due to its uplifting and energizing nature, for those who are suffering from a mental condition, especially one that can be as debilitating and fatigue-inducing as depression, Pineapple Express has a way of getting its patients re-motivated and excited for going out and getting things done.

Additionally, it sets its consumers into good spirits, making it not only a wonderful strain for increasing energy, but also for calming the mind and simultaneously bringing in positive thoughts. Others who are dealing with anxiety, stress and even PTSD, have also found relief from this fruity and tropical strain. If you are experiencing a mental condition and are looking towards this powerful hybrid for relief, it is important to know your limits of consumption and only intake an amount that you know is a safe level for you. Over consuming any strain of marijuana while handling a mental disorder, can lead to a worsening in stress, anxiety and even paranoia.

In addition to mental conditions, Pineapple Express is valuable for those managing chronic pain, or just moderate to mild pains. If you are consuming it for these reasons, a large dose may be in order to feel the full extent of its effects. Consuming edibles, concentrates, candies, live resins, and shatters are all ways that ensure a higher dosage but are still convenient for use.

Here are Peggy's and Penny's info and photos.

420 Update - September 17 to October 15, 2024.jpg

Peggy - Day 2:

Peggy - Day 5:

Peggy - Day 19:

Peggy - Day 23:

Peggy - Day 26:

Penny - Day 2:

Penny - Day 5:

Penny - Day 19:

Penny - Day 23:

Penny - Day 26:

That's it for these 2. There's only 1 left to report on but I probably won't get to it until the weekend as I have a busy couple of days coming up.

Actually, I just increased the light. I thought I had it at 50%, the setting for Veg but it was still at 25% where it was for seedlings.

Hello Shed. I'm happy you're here. It wouldn't feel normal if you weren't. :battingeyelashes:

Hey Tassie. Welcome to my journal. I don't recognize your username. Do you grow?
Hey HG, thanks, glad to be here! Yeah I've only been around on here for a few months now. Been growing for a while though 😉
My current sponsored grow is in my sig ❤️

Ok good. I was looking at the extra height in the seedlings. Sorry HG I shoulda known you were on it! :)

Back
Top Bottom