Harvest

Here's a picture of the beautiful plant that I pretty much destroyed I flushed with 10 gallons of water yesterday now letting her dry out. boy I learned a valuable lesson my first time growing .I have a couple more I'm finding out if you grow autos please leave them alone .less is better with autos

17213986981368048290983894768386.jpg

1721398735782504285199067218265.jpg

No I only feed her once, and I threw the ppm meter in the creek I'm done with that thing . I know what I did wrong and it's killing me I should have never got the ppm meter it's the reason this happened I feel like I let a lot of people down on here . I know most people don't care. but when I do something wrong it drives me crazy I will not fail again thank you for guiding me through the process I didn't know what to do . I will watch her and let you know what happens to her. but she don't look good.

No I only feed her once, and I threw the ppm meter in the creek I'm done with that thing . I know what I did wrong and it's killing me I should have never got the ppm meter it's the reason this happened I feel like I let a lot of people down on here . I know most people don't care. but when I do something wrong it drives me crazy I will not fail again thank you for guiding me through the process I didn't know what to do . I will watch her and let you know what happens to her. but she don't look good.
You know..... I think somewhere there MAY be some people blessed to never make mistakes.

For most of us however, it is the path to getting things right. It is fine to make mistakes, that is how you learn best imo. The only time mistakes are a problem is when you keep doing the same thing over and over already knowing it will fail. There is no single path to successfully growing a plant. There are WAY too many factors that can affect things, we all have a completely unique situation essentially, and mistakes are how you work out what works in your space. Give yourself a break and just remember what you learn!

Thank you that was awesome. I won't make that mistake again. but I'm learning that it's not as easy as people think I will be on point from now on thank for your words of encouragement sueet. best wishes Ted

your media will determine the steps to take to fix things if you've overfed it.

if it is ocean forest -
flush the plant with 3x the volume of water of the pot. ie: if the pot is 1 gallon, flush 3 gallons of water through it. you don't need to ph it.

after that you have 2 options -

let it sit overnight then immediately re-feed at a proper balanced level - or -
wait for it to hit dry out then re-feed at the correct level.

i normally choose the first option.

if you were in another media you'd do the process slightly different.
I was wondering bluter if you could answer me a question do you think coco is better then using a soil like ocean forest

You know..... I think somewhere there MAY be some people blessed to never make mistakes.

For most of us however, it is the path to getting things right. It is fine to make mistakes, that is how you learn best imo. The only time mistakes are a problem is when you keep doing the same thing over and over already knowing it will fail. There is no single path to successfully growing a plant. There are WAY too many factors that can affect things, we all have a completely unique situation essentially, and mistakes are how you work out what works in your space. Give yourself a break and just remember what you learn!
Sueet do you use soil or coco I trying to figure out what's best

Hey man don't beat yourself up too bad but i know how your feeling. Everyone will use different soils or mix it differently like adding extra amendments. I reuse my indoor soil and just amend it with alfalfa meal, worm casting and keep it in a tight large tote in the garage. My soil does not get bugs nor does it have added nutes from the bag. Good luck

I was wondering bluter if you could answer me a question do you think coco is better then using a soil like ocean forest

it's just a style preference. the largest difference is feeding intervals. coco acts fast, as soon as you make a change you'll know whether it was the right call or not within a day usually. soil type media will take a few days until you know it it's trouble or not. coco is also faster to correct issues.

Sueet do you use soil or coco I trying to figure out what's best
I use soil, it works best for my set em and forget em style, coco is better if you need to fiddle with them every day :D

ETA: I guess I have a pretty big bias towards soil too, as I had well over 100 houseplants before I ever started daring to grow my own weed. It's just what is familiar to me already. You'll need to figure out which thing fits best into the way you want to be able to grow yours.
For what it is worth, I used coco a couple years ago to grow some tomatoes and they turned out to be some serious plants. Thing is if you forget for a couple days, you got trouble - which is why I stick with soil, I forget things, or sometimes just can't physically get down the steps to care for them so I need that buffer.

I use soil, it works best for my set em and forget em style, coco is better if you need to fiddle with them every day

coco and other passive hydro based styles have a tendency to be higher yield though perhaps more fidgety.
they're a good balance between soil types and active hydro.

i run hempy and other than feeding i don't really fiddle with anything more than any other soil grower would. also like the fast response in passive hydro.

Back
Top Bottom