Graytail's 4th Perpetual: 4x4 Samsung Panels

I tried one bean early this year....it cracked, threw out a tail, and broke the surface and then quit..... :hmmmm:

I have two more beans of them that I will try at some point this year (or next)...you know how that seed selecting goes! :passitleft:

What was the high like of that Star Pupil?
The bud I smoked had a nice relaxing indica buzz to it. Good for sitting and chilling, but it didn't make me sleepy. The taste had terpinolene in it. Berry, pine, and lemon. I would say this one was leaning more towards the Afghani side of the cross.

It is, just an F1 cross, isn't it? I guess I wasn't thinking about there being sativa leaning plants in the mix.

How did you find the Goji Pupil, Gray?

The bud I smoked had a nice relaxing indica buzz to it. Good for sitting and chilling, but it didn't make me sleepy. The taste had terpinolene in it. Berry, pine, and lemon. I would say this one was leaning more towards the Afghani side of the cross.

It is, just an F1 cross, isn't it? I guess I wasn't thinking about there being sativa leaning plants in the mix.

How did you find the Goji Pupil, Gray?

I think Star has been thoroughly worked by now. They were isolating the purple color, to be sure it always shows it. The crosses seem to be F1s though.

Goji was brighter, same potency, and tastier. My Star leans less indica than yours did, and has a prominent plum taste. Goji has more citrus in it. And something about Goji feels medical - it's a very good mood enhancer.

I like to classify my weed into (listen to music, watch movies, daytime focus work strain, daytime fun strain, decompress at the end of the day, sleep meds, etc).

Oh God, I had a great laugh at this one...

LoL, that's what happens when you already have a bunch of varieties to choose from, and you're looking forward to the next half dozen. I admit to giggling in my head frequently about it. I've grown and thoroughly sampled something approaching 60 strains so far.

:p

I wonder how many of us there are ... :hmmmm: A handful per 100,000?

Well, there you go, then. In growing 60 varieties of organic, high brix, washed product; that all have their own pheno characteristics and environmental stresses is bound to have deviations in physical characteristics and appearance.

I' m making so many products with my cannabis these days, the source buds don't matter what they look like visually to me anymore. I am 100% confident that my (our) product will deliver.

However, I would have to admit that I have created spoiled monsters by providing my wares to my patients. After six years, I had to shit can all of them and start over. No whiners, allowed. No Bueno over here.

Neiko, I shit canned my patients.

Hey, Krip, what do you do for insomnia? I have me one hell of a problem with that. Any good tidbits would be appreciated.

Hey Shawnee, I know you asked Krip just there, but seeing as I’m here... and he mentioned edibles — I have great success with an infused oil made from either an Afgahani x Skunk or a nice Kush that’s a bit narcotic, dribbled onto peanut butter on a cracker about an hour or two before I want to be asleep. Took a little while to find the dose but it works a treat. I find other things don’t work as well as the peanut butter :thumb: YMMV of course :D

thanks, Amy....I just made my 2nd batch of cannabis oil last nite from a Darkstar indica. The dry gel caps were loosing their potency, NOT....my tolerance is thru the roof.

I'll try the peanut butter...maybe the fat content of that will do the trick.

I made the oil with the alcohol, boiling it off, etc. Try as I did to cook the living daylights out of it in the rice cooker, after I filled the syringes, I noticed a portion was a lighter color of fluid, just like last time. Did I not cook it enough???? Try try again.

After I ran out of syringes, I filled some veg gelatin caps with the oil and they got melty. Put them in the fridge right away....thus my question about gel caps.

Jump in anyone to set me straight.....

Can’t help on the capsules, sorry. I don’t use them or the alcohol extraction method. Mine are just infused. I know @neikodog makes his oil with that method, so maybe he will have some advice about getting the alcohol out more successfully.

On the tolerance, it only takes a couple of days to reset your cannabinoid receptors. Taking a break is not an easy thing to do though, especially if the Cannabis is managing symptoms that otherwise make day to day living hard, so that’s not a solution that can work for everyone. It’s about the only way to shift ‘tolerance’, though.

It’s actually more like saturation than tolerance. The receptors get overwhelmed and then our bodies make less cannbinoid receptors and we reach the point where more weed doesn’t even register. The Dr Sulak reset and resensitise protocol takes a 2 day cleanse even further and reintroduces cannabis slowly over 4 days (after a 2day break) and that actually makes the body generate many more cannabinoid receptors so sensitivity to cannabinoids goes way up. The times I’ve managed to do it, it cut my quantity need in half, at least.
maybe the fat content of that will do the trick
:thumb: here’s hoping!

Amy Amy Amy, THANK YOU! Terrific response, very thoughtful and I'm going to take it all in. I figured as much; just now trying to graduate to the oil (will contact Neiko), but can see my future ahead.

The reset protocol doesn't sound too bad, I can prepare or figure something out.... or deep clean the entire house and 10 acres on those days I won't sleep.....hahahahaha.

1/2 of my dosage is the overall plan. All of this now sounds like my new plan. Namaste, girl!

LoL, that's what happens when you already have a bunch of varieties to choose from, and you're looking forward to the next half dozen. I admit to giggling in my head frequently about it. I've grown and thoroughly sampled something approaching 60 strains so far.

:p

I wonder how many of us there are ... :hmmmm: A handful per 100,000?

I have no idea how many strains I have tried at this point, BUT I have grown out 91 strains at this point in time. Within them I have found some real winners and some real duds.

Pretty impressive, sports fans! While I've been smoking the balance of my life, I don't come close to sampling the variety of wares that you speak of. I've been growing the same 5 strains for the last 5 years.

Lightbulb moment: maybe that's why my tolerance is so high. Since the tornado came over the house and wiped out my grow, I'm trying some new varieties at the moment.

I'm real excited about a new CBD product from Seedsman: Master Hemp, 32:1.

Another is Panama Red, from a former 420 member.

That should start me off on the right foot...

Back
Top Bottom