Grateful Bud's Backyard Outdoor Grow - SFV OG

Congrats all that eventual weed, not to mention the lack of rot! Looks great off the plant and on. :thumb:
Thanks Shed!

When I washed the two plants yesterday I only used 3 buckets and omitted the hydrogen peroxide. First yellow bucket was 100 grams citric acid with 3/4 cup baking soda in 5 gallons water. Yes it foamed like crazy! I know that solution is lite but I was a little concerned using citric acid versus lemon juice. So far seems fine.

Second yellow bucket and white bucket was hose water.

As you can see the nets helped keep some of the dirt away, but still a good idea to wash. I skimmed all the floating plant material off so you can see the accumulated dirt. The few trichomes that break off float right?

Trichomes sink in water, bubble hash relies on that. There was a member, I believe it was PK? he did a bud wash and poured his bucket through the bags and managed to recover some trichomes. But if not overly aggressive / over agitating while washing I can't see losing that much.

Trichomes sink in water, bubble hash relies on that. There was a member, I believe it was PK? he did a bud wash and poured his bucket through the bags and managed to recover some trichomes. But if not overly aggressive / over agitating while washing I can't see losing that much.
Good to know - thanks!
probably would just end up recovering a bunch of the dirt and whatever else by trying to recover the trichomes.
Not sure how that dirt would taste when smoked?

Good morning Scoobs!

Looks like you’re pantry will be full for some time :)
Thanks Tra!
I have two mini fridges full of bags of stinky weed!
Life is good.

It would seem like trichomes would float but I have no idea. Not bumping the sides of the bucket is ideal but I can't see trying to retrieve trichome heads from wash water!
I tried to be gentle but I did get in a bit of a hurry after a while. don't think I bumped the sides or the bottom.

And then there were two.
The two Jack Herer clones that Shed gave me are still chugging along. They ain’t pretty, and I feel bad for neglecting them, but they may give an ounce or two of smokeable buds if I treat them right.

I’m thinking they can go another week or two. They are still drinking and I see a few white hairs on top. These girls are hardy for sure. They’ve been through a lot.

Dawn has been drying in the fridge for ten days. Some of the larf was dry enough to to jar, but the buds were 72% RH after a few hours ambient. I’ll check again Wednesday.
The drying is still in progress. So far so good.

The not so good (well actually really bad) is the two Jack Herers will be a total loss. I started pulling apart the dense colas and the rot has spread. They both went into flower in early June but went back into veg for another 2 months - resulting in short bushy plants that were all stems and leaves.

The colas are very dense and we’ve had high humidity in the mornings - was 89% RH at 8am today. We are typically hot and dry in October here. Someone did not get the memo. I could get perhaps a nugget or two but not sure I want to wash trim dry burp and cure for 5 or 6 grams.

I’m really sorry Shed. I feel I have let you down. I appreciate you giving me the clones - thank you!

Well that's a helluva note, GB..
At least they weren't your only plants, but it's still a gut punch...:straightface:

Damn... You sure that's all moldy though? Picture isn't the clearest.
I do spot some brown leaves but not really the spores or browning of the buds.
Pretty sure it is done for. Lots of black moldy leaves with fuzzy grey stuff. She sure smells nice. Probably had another week or two to go.

I'm sorry to hear they're a total loss Grateful, and no worries about letting me down. You gave it your best shot but they just didn't cooperate.

If you need some plants next summer I'll make sure any clones I take are kept on the outside light schedule to prevent the reveg thing from happening again.
I appreciate the offer my friend!

We'll see what next April / May looks like. I still have some of these SFV / Gorilla SFV seeds. If they turn out as well as I hope they do - looking good so far - I'll grow 2 or 3 of these plants again.

Unless I get a tent . . . .

Well that's a helluva note, GB..
At least they weren't your only plants, but it's still a gut punch...:straightface:
Just in the past few days these two ladies are starting to smell fantastic! Breaks my heart. I may just let them go a few more days then chop off the 2-3 buds that are not bad. Just hang them to dry.

Back
Top Bottom