Gibgezr's First Grow - Northern Lights Feminized Auto - 2017

VIVOSUN 6 Inch Air Carbon Filter Odor Control with Australia Virgin Charcoal for Inline Fan, Pre-filter Included, Reversible Flange VIVOSUN 6 Inch Air Carbon Filter Odor Control with Australia Virgin Charcoal for Inline Fan, Pre-filter Included, Reversible Flange

1666159402291.png

You and I have the same strain, from the same seed bank, and our plants couldn't look mire different. Mine are so stout, I would have liked a bit more stretch like you got.

Keep posting, I love the side by side we have.

Moss - Stretch can depend on the lights used. If the light penetration is weaker or the fixture is further away the plants will reach for it. I really like tight nodal gaps so I keep my lights as close as possible early on in veg.

I mine are stacked so tight...the foliage is so dense. With a photo period plant I would just clip to let some light in, but being that it's an auto I'm a bit worried to do that. I have been LST'in like mad to try an get some light to the lower bud sites.

Day 36

First, a pic of the closet:
Day362.jpg

It's getting tight. Raised the lights up, but I'm out of space.

Now, a pic of a bud:
Day36_bud.jpg

I love the filter Salty posted, but they don't ship to Canada. I'll look around, see what I can find. The 300W LED is great, runs cool and throws good light.

As far as the vertical growth goes, Moss....I have too much for my closet lol. Mine probably stretched because of the poor light at the start.

The big plant is #3, the 100% coco plant. I'm def going 100% coco from now on.

I checked my feed solution, it's 6.5 pH going in. Can't easily check the drained pH, they all share the same drain tray.

Contemplating building my basement grow room over the xmas break: it would solve my odor issue, and give me height to grow. Might have to jury-rig it to start. Plastic sheeting stapled to a 2x4 frame might get me up and running fast.

Gonna go subscribe to Moss's journal, be interesting to see someone else's grow with the same seeds!

Re: Basement WIP - Day 37

Built my basement grow room. Need to do a little sealing, and tomorrow's job is to run the exhaust duct to the old dryer vent and install the inline fan I bought.
Basement_Day37_1.jpg
Basement_Day37_2.jpg
Sick setup! You've got plenty of room now

Sent from my SM-G920V using 420

Day 58 (well, day 56 photos)

Plants have been loving the grow room. Thought I'd show how tough cannabis is: I have been supercropping my branches to make the plants spread a little, but I broke one limb almost entirely off by mistake. Turns out that the branches are supple and easy to bend and supercrop when they are newer, but as a limb grows it toughens up and becomes both stiffer and more brittle. I was trying to bend a major branch (one I had already shaped via supercropping when it was smaller) on plant #3, and it snapped almost entirely off, splitting so completely that only a tiny hinge kept it attached. I taped the limb and held it up with string, and over a few weeks it grew and has totally healed up! Here's a pic showing the taped area, all healed (the tape is actually open on the other side):
Day56_33.jpg

Amazing, eh? No slowing of the growth and flowers on it either!

Here's a bend knuckle on another plant, #2:
Day56_41.jpg

Here's a couple of pics of the flowers so far:
Day56_21.jpg
Day56_12.jpg

A charcoal filter will eliminate you odor problem. Make sure you get a fan with more capacity than your actual CFM. If space is a constraint you can place the filter and fan outside the grow room. Also make sure you put an input vent near the bottom of the tent to pull in fresh air.

On my first grow I had an odor problem until I upgraded my fan. After installing the new fan the odor became unnoticeable.

Back
Top Bottom