From Seed Grow #4: New Journal

I have been delinquent in my journalling because of challenges from True North Seed Bank. I had problems germinating some seeds and they agreed to replace them. I ordered more seeds in my order - about $160. Delivery insurance is not available for US shipments. The product shipped over a month ago with an estimated delivery of 12/24. Beginning in early January I started to email True North with NO RESPONSE. Finally today I get this from them:

"
Dear _____________,

Please be advised that it appears that your order has been delayed at customs. This may mean that your order has been intercepted. Unfortunately, due to the fact that you did not purchase delivery insurance there is nothing we are able to do to remedy this issue as per the guaranteed delivery insurance policy on our website. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience.

Of course delivery insurance is NOT offered for US deliveries - or I would have bought it. Now I don't know about the rest of you but this is TOTALLY unacceptable to me. Our seeds come, for the most part, from international suppliers. The customer service experience I have had with True North has been truly terrible. Now they are not just refusing to replace seeds they already had promised to replace but they have ripped me off for $160!

True North Seed Bank is a SPONSOR of 420 Magazine - is this an okay way to treat your customers? Anyone? What recourse do we have when Seed banks do not act in a reputable way?

Those Canuk seeds are very expensive. For the price you pay for those I hope they stand behind them especially if they're telling you how to germinate. What a hassle tho. I'd rather have my seeds pop.
Yes, well now I know they DO OT stand behind their very expensive seeds!

I ordered from True North Seed Bank in November 2020. The order was challenging to pay for but after a few weeks working with their customer service I was able to get them to ship. The order arrived in 14 days but about half the seeds were black, dense, sank and did not sprout. I contacted customer service and they generously agreed to replace them - so I also bought more seeds - about $160 worth. Now 14 days after estimated delivery they tell me my order is likely held up in customs and I will not be refunded or replaced! What a horrible, awful, very bad experience! I actually hate this company, their policies and customer service hacks!

This sponsor is a rip off supported by REALLY poor customer service. I lost the recent order of $160 PLUS the bad seeds in my first order!

I have been delinquent in my journalling because of challenges from True North Seed Bank. I had problems germinating some seeds and they agreed to replace them. I ordered more seeds in my order - about $160. Delivery insurance is not available for US shipments. The product shipped over a month ago with an estimated delivery of 12/24. Beginning in early January I started to email True North with NO RESPONSE. Finally today I get this from them:

"
Dear _____________,

Please be advised that it appears that your order has been delayed at customs. This may mean that your order has been intercepted. Unfortunately, due to the fact that you did not purchase delivery insurance there is nothing we are able to do to remedy this issue as per the guaranteed delivery insurance policy on our website. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience.

Of course delivery insurance is NOT offered for US deliveries - or I would have bought it. Now I don't know about the rest of you but this is TOTALLY unacceptable to me. Our seeds come, for the most part, from international suppliers. The customer service experience I have had with True North has been truly terrible. Now they are not just refusing to replace seeds they already had promised to replace but they have ripped me off for $160!

True North Seed Bank is a SPONSOR of 420 Magazine - is this an okay way to treat your customers? Anyone? What recourse do we have when Seed banks do not act in a reputable way?
That sucks..... start using peat pods brother....

I'll start with an apology. I have been so depressed about seed sellers I haven't kept up my journal. True North Seeds had agreed to replace seeds I bought that did not pop - the replacement package was die Dec 24th - no word. I ordered auto flowering seeds from Growers Choice Seeds. They claimed it took 10 days for my payment to arrive in Sacramento (strange my paycheck gets to me in two days from there!) - and 10 days to generate a ship label and another 7 days to actually deliver a package to the USPS! I can't wait for Amazon to get into the seed business. Honestly I'd pay double for CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Now onto the grow. I was successful in popping 2 of 5 8-Ball Kush, and 5 of 5 of the Aurora Indica. The Gelato and White Widows were a total bust and True North had agreed to replace them - back in November. I popped the seeds as instructed, soaked in water then a paper towel for a few days. I had another grower suggest and push peat pods and tried one with my last seed - it worked wonderfully and I think I'll make this change if I ever do see more seeds. Thank you @Plant Daddy for the guidance.

I started getting the babies ready to quadline - a technique pioneered by 420 growers and posted here. The instructions were easy and very clear. I topped and cut down the first two nodes once 4 nodes were growing. I put the seeds into 6" pots for 3 weeks and just up-potted to 7 gal fabric grow bags. I am working with a hypothesis that root ball is directly related to plant growth so I am planting one of each variety into a 10 gal grow bag and up-sizing everything from 5 gal bags I have been using to a minimum 7 gal grow pot size. I will post pics as they grow in the next few weeks so you can see how the quadlining works out.

I have also decided to get past my seed issues by growing my own. I have two Sativa varieties - Durban Poison and Jack Herer. I plan to use one of the Durban limbs as a male to generate feminized seeds. I found guidance at several places here and, after researching everything I could find opted to use Silver Thiophosphate (STP). Applying STS to the branch of your female plants it will modify their ethylene levels, which is the hormone in charge of determining the sex of certain plants. This causes female plants to change sex and turn into males without the disadvantage of male genes. The male pollen with then fertilize the rest of the plant giving you 99.99% feminized seeds with strain purity for the one plant with BOTH male and female branches. In my case I also plan to put one or two other varieties into the tent and allow them to pollinate (yes, I really am that tired os shitty seed vendors!). That will give me seeds with characteristics of both the mother and father plant - so my Durban Poison pollen will also fertilize the Aurora Indica and my Jack Herer. Again, as I enter into this process I will post pics and a full description of the process.

Back
Top Bottom