Flower initiator

MH for veg. HPS for flower. When and if any light system can match the production and quality they have produced for years. I might consider changing. Newer corrected light spectrum bulbs are that much better. No light system has even come close to the thousands of pounds produced by these lights. I know they can not be used in every situation. If the heat can be vented No LED will compete. Too many people try to re-invent the wheel.

I know where your coming from and agree 100%.

no. I pull at end of week 8 as always and now I have a few seeds there and there, nothing major, but a few to restock my supply with feminized version now. A friend of mine is experiencing the same with genetics they6 have grown under hps and now under led and has some seeds too. They are stoked!

MH for veg. HPS for flower. When and if any light system can match the production and quality they have produced for years. I might consider changing. Newer corrected light spectrum bulbs are that much better. No light system has even come close to the thousands of pounds produced by these lights. I know they can not be used in every situation. If the heat can be vented No LED will compete. Too many people try to re-invent the wheel.

That's all well and good, but 600 draw watts of led is going to be cheaper to run than 600 watts of any hid. Less cooling, and with frostbite buds. There's a reason they use them in commercial grows. Quantity, not quality. Get a decent led and have a go, people say 4 plants is a good number under a 600watt hid, funny, I have 4 under my 600w led (270) actual draw, and could have put another 2 in. But dinosaurs do cling to old tech however they can.

Hey bud, how much area would one of those 3 diode units cover ?

Ive just built 2 x 12 cob Citizen 1212 3500k arrays for my 8 x 4 area, and been looking into adding some far / deep reds. WOndering how much I'd need to cover my area.

Cheers bud, let me know what you think.

Hey bud, how much area would one of those 3 diode units cover ?

Ive just built 2 x 12 cob Citizen 1212 3500k arrays for my 8 x 4 area, and been looking into adding some far / deep reds. WOndering how much I'd need to cover my area.

Cheers bud, let me know what you think.

Hi Huktonponics.

I never really tried the light I made, started using it about 5 weeks into flower. The 3 leds I have run at about 6w and are enough to cover my 1x1m2 tent at 60cm over canopy.

Right now I have 5 girls in veg and will be flipping in about 4weeks, so I will know more after that. Here is the growmau5 video

YouTube

Back
Top Bottom