First SWICK Grow: Rooftop Auto Grow With Supercool Subsoil

Aww shit that doesn’t even look right! Well, I tried- hope it’s half assed legible.
I can see what you were saying.
Normally I try to put a line break to change the background color but no biggie.
What's your theory on adding inches of top dressing (even with clear plastic wrap), rather than getting a bigger cloth bucket, and piling the extra inside the cloth bucket?

Defs worth mentioning but… I’m running what’s dubbed as organish, yep using organic inputs but don’t have the knowledge to do what Gee, Keffka and others do. They run true organics, hopefully I’ll get there one day

When plant in that photo was transplanted I had 2 inch gap between top of soil and grow bag. Have you ever seen 9 gallons of shit crammed in a 7 gallon bag?? Yep you just did. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Hi I’m 013 and I’m serial top dresser!! That’s result of steady topping dressing- from transplant to harvest but top dress kept spilling over the rim plus I wasn’t able to till the crust away unless it fell into the res… hence plastic wrap to the rescue!

With the extra top dress I can get to harvest with no deficiencies using 7 gallon bags but since it’s swick and I’m old geezer with broken body not sure I could move 10 gallons of wet swick soil.

Defs worth mentioning but… I’m running what’s dubbed as organish, yep using organic inputs but don’t have the knowledge to do what Gee, Keffka and others do. They run true organics, hopefully I’ll get there one day

When plant in that photo was transplanted I had 2 inch gap between top of soil and grow bag. Have you ever seen 9 gallons of shit crammed in a 7 gallon bag?? Yep you just did. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Hi I’m 013 and I’m serial top dresser!! That’s result of steady topping dressing- from transplant to harvest but top dress kept spilling over the rim plus I wasn’t able to till the crust away unless it fell into the res… hence plastic wrap to the rescue!

With the extra top dress I can get to harvest with no deficiencies using 7 gallon bags but since it’s swick and I’m old geezer with broken body not sure I could move 10 gallons of wet swick soil.
Well I am sorry to hear about your bent and beat up body and associated ailments. I have the same problem. CBD and THC and phenos have been a real blessing to me. It is a fix (not a cure), but I am glad to have been shown the fix! (And I suppose there are some things that it just plain does cure.)

Just speaking for myself, I think it is great that you experiment around with stuff. That stank water sounds super stanky, but yes, I will bet the plants love it. (Does it repel the deer 🦌 ?? Hahaha 😂 )

If you do not mind, I am curious about this last grow where you just set the cloth bucket directly in water. Did the roots invade the soil in the bottom of the bucket as thoroughly as they do in a bucket that is not sitting in water (meaning it has some kind of a wick [or perlite wick])?
I guess what I'm hoping to know is, does the bucket being partly sibmerged slow the roots down? Or not so much?
It is ok if you cannot remember, but if you can just set the bucket straight in water and the plant adapts on its own, then I am just guessing that that would be a real game changer for many. (I know it would for me.)

Back
Top Bottom