Experienced in Cannabis Regeneration?

Aroxol

Bought the Cannabis Regeneration book by J.B. Haze, and wondering if any active members have first hand experience? Planning to attempt it for first time on a soon to be harvested plant and have a few questions. Would be helpful to talk to some folks who’ve successfully done it a few times. Feel free to reply to this thread or PM me. Thanks!

Bought the Cannabis Regeneration book by J.B. Haze, and wondering if any active members have first hand experience? Planning to attempt it for first time on a soon to be harvested plant and have a few questions. Would be helpful to talk to some folks who’ve successfully done it a few times. Feel free to reply to this thread or PM me. Thanks!
I have done it several times. A few more times by accident even, just by leaving a harvested pot in the room with new plants in 18/6 veg. Its actually very easy to do. Very cool to harvest a plant twice. After harvest just leave a few tiny leafs with popcorn bud on a bottom branch or 2. Only water for a few weeks because usually there is plenty of nutes left in the promix for a plant that only has 2 or 3 tiny leads. Water just enough to keep a bit of the pot damp until it starts to really take off.

Here is the last one as it started to regen.

And eventually this was it on its second round.

I have done it several times. A few more times by accident even, just by leaving a harvested pot in the room with new plants in 18/6 veg. Its actually very easy to do. Very cool to harvest a plant twice. After harvest just leave a few tiny leafs with popcorn bud on a bottom branch or 2. Only water for a few weeks because usually there is plenty of nutes left in the promix for a plant that only has 2 or 3 tiny leads. Water just enough to keep a bit of the pot damp until it starts to really take off.
When you revegged did you notice a difference in the way plant produced? I only revegged 1 plant before. I had the strain for 2 or 3 years, I lost my clones during a power outage and revegged the mother. She use to produce coke can size buds, after revegged she never produced a bud over 3 or 4 grams.

We meet again, thanks for jumping in to reply!

Your photos help, and have me a bit concerned too :)

Can you help me understand if the branches where you cut regenerate growth or if those essentially become somewhat dead stumps (circled on your pic below)? That’s where I’m a bit confused. I’m not planning to reflower this plant, I actually want it for the sturdy/ hardy base and branches.

One concern is all of my branches are lollipopped pretty high. If I leave some of the small tops/ colas, would that be enough to sustain the plant to enter reveg?

The 2 regeves in the picture produced more the second time around but I'm sure only because as you can see, I vegged them huge. The only difference I noticed was the buds were not as compact/ dense as the 1st go. I think this is the way to go if you grow a plant and wish you would have taken clones. Reveg it and make it seed itself via Tiresias Mist. I have done very well that way. Then you get hundreds or thousands of seeds that are a 100% genetic copy.

We meet again, thanks for jumping in to reply!

Your photos help, and have me a bit concerned too :)

Can you help me understand if the branches where you cut regenerate growth or if those essentially become somewhat dead stumps (circled on your pic below)? That’s where I’m a bit confused. I’m not planning to reflower this plant, I actually want it for the sturdy/ hardy base and branches.

One concern is all of my branches are lollipopped pretty high. If I leave some of the small tops/ colas, would that be enough to sustain the plant to enter reveg?

1st, I wouldn't leave any tops. You only need ANY green leaf that can absorb light. Just leave a few bits as low as you can...Stuff that you would normally just cut off and throw away. Just a few little baby popcorn buds.
All of the parts that you have circled and the whole main trunk we'll just sit there and look dead. But the few tiny popcorn buds that you leave on there will slowly Revenge and start sprouting new branches everywhere. When you harvest it the second time you will have just what you would have in a normal Harvest and then you will also have the whole Main stem sitting there Dead with all of the Nubs still on it. The way I could explain it the best is it looks like two different plants. All of your new growth will start where you left the popcorn buds but it will Branch off wildly.

Hmmm that’s the only thing, I don’t have any lower growth. The strength of this stalk and branch layout is worth something to me if I can keep the plant alive and use it, but I’m learning about regeneration a little late in the game and based on your info (and not having read the book yet) I’m wondering if it’s viable without lower growth? I have no problem leaving/ sacrificing/ not harvesting smaller branches and colas in the middle of the plant if that’ll work - but my goal is just to cut those side/ thick branches somewhat short and reuse them.

Hmmm that’s the only thing, I don’t have any lower growth. The strength of this stalk and branch layout is worth something to me if I can keep the plant alive and use it, but I’m learning about regeneration a little late in the game and based on your info (and not having read the book yet) I’m wondering if it’s viable without lower growth? I have no problem leaving/ sacrificing/ not harvesting smaller branches and colas in the middle of the plant if that’ll work - but my goal is just to cut those side/ thick branches somewhat short and reuse them.
That will work. All I'm trying to say is don't leave no super premium stuff on the plant because that would just be a waste. If it's in the middle of the plant that is still fine. Just do not overwater it or feed it anyting for quite a while. You essentially have a Seedling in a huge pot LOL. Like I said I did a few on accident. I would go in my room where I was vegging plants and water them and then whatever water I had left was usually like a half a pint I would just dump it on the plants that were already harvested and soon enough they start Revegging. It honestly happens to me quite a bit because if I have extra room in my grow area I have been known to leave a few harvested pots in the room. Sometimes after I see them revegging I just feel sorry for them so I slowly start to give them some water hehe.

Honestly, one time I harvested an Autoflower and left the pot sitting in my veg room with a new group on 18 / 6 and wouldn't you know it, it reveged and grew again. I wouldn't even think it would be possible with an Autoflower but I reveged it. It acted like it wasn't an auto after reveg.

I didn’t even know this was a thing til a few days ago, lol never even would’ve crossed my mind. Makes perfect sense, I do it with veggies all the tine, but for some reason never registered with pot.

Second question for you, right now this plant is in DWC, but the goal is move to coco in an autopot. Do you feel transplanting immediately after harvest would be too much stress, or just blended together as a, “dude, what in the x did you just do to me?” type bad day, but survivable?

I didn’t even know this was a thing til a few days ago, lol never even would’ve crossed my mind. Makes perfect sense, I do it with veggies all the tine, but for some reason never registered with pot.

Second question for you, right now this plant is in DWC, but the goal is move to coco in an autopot. Do you feel transplanting immediately after harvest would be too much stress, or just blended together as a, “dude, what in the x did you just do to me?” type bad day, but survivable?
Now that question I'm not too sure about simply because usually after you harvest and chop off your branches The Roots will keep pumping water out of the cut off branches for several days and up to around a week. I would think if you pulled it out of the dwc and put it in Coco that I would be afraid that any type of root damage whatsoever may stop that pumping action that is probably vital. It may work, I am just not sure that I would want to risk it. Is this an option for you? How about after you harvest put it back in re veg and once it starts making the leaves look Goofy you know the reveg is starting. I would give it about another week after that happens and then maybe cut off one of those new branches as a clone?

Interesting, branches oozing is actually great (or could be potentially)! The thought for this plant is possibly a graft mom. It’s something I’ve heard about for a while/ thought about indirectly, but following naturalspirits thread recently and then learning about regeneration brought this to the forefront of my mind. I can keep the plant in DWC for a bit, but ultimately I’d like to move to coco to live as a minimal effort mom. I’m wondering if the best approach is chop branches, graft clones immediately, wrap, leave in dwc for a while and then move once (IF) stabilized.

Interesting, branches oozing is actually great (or could be potentially)! The thought for this plant is possibly a graft mom. It’s something I’ve heard about for a while/ thought about indirectly, but following naturalspirits thread recently and then learning about regeneration brought this to the forefront of my mind. I can keep the plant in DWC for a bit, but ultimately I’d like to move to coco to live as a minimal effort mom. I’m wondering if the best approach is chop branches, graft clones immediately, wrap, leave in dwc for a while and then move once (IF) stabilized.
Yes, most of the time I harvest a plant and cut all of the branches off, several (at least) of the branch nubs that were circled in your picture will drip at the rate of roughly 1 drip every 2-5 seconds. It can keep that up for days and that's in soil lol.

My 2nd grow will be going into flowering on Thursday and plan on trying to re-veg one or 2 of my plants for an outdoor grow. My goal is to do it with my Gorilla Zkittlez and either Cinderella 99 or Fruity Pebbles. Their outdoor yield is bigger but HUGE if my GZ works out. Won’t be until mid May when I can do this because warm weather might not be here in Ontario by then.

Very cool man, excited to see the results of that! I read the book “Cannabis Regeneration” by JB Haze and it’s really insightful. Steps through some things a lot of websites leave out. If you haven’t checked it out, highly recommend. Regen is definitely something I want to do on future grows, but need to structure my plants the right way (which thanks to the book I now I know how to do). Btw, how do you like the GZ, smoke pretty good?

Barneys Farm LSD.
She was taken from her mother at 33 days of flower, took a long time to reveg and she looked very mutant.

The mass of branches, all of this is coming off a trunk the is only 3" tall.

Start of 12/12

Day prior to harvest.

And the next day.

19 plus zips of smokable bud.

A long time and a lot of work, but it was fun and very good bud.

Back
Top Bottom